Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
If Cotto would have clearly beaten or dominated Shane, then I prolly would hold that victory higher than Bradley's win over JMM, but..........

since it was a close ass could go either way type of victory, I can't rank it over a clear win which Timmy had over JMM.
I always rank clear/dominant wins over close could go either way type of fights.

Same reason I say Swift's win over Matthysse is better than Canelo's win over Lara.

Timmy for his lack of skills, has clear dominant wins over his best opponents (undefeated prime PED, undefeated prime Alexander, JMM)
That has to count for something. :manny:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was always a fan of Cotto and happy for him and his successful career.

However after now finally getting to look back at everything, I can't deny it any longer...

He was overrated and so was his career :yeshrug: :ohwelp:

:lolbron:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Yeah it starts to get murky when you start talking about ATG'ness and Cotto.

The real question is does Cotto get in the HOF before or after Bradley. :mjgrin:

cotto for all his faults has been in way better fights than bradley..esp on a big fight atmosphere and was an actual draw..i would suspect he would go in first over bradley

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
cotto for all his faults has been in way better fights than bradley..esp on a big fight atmosphere and was an actual draw..i would suspect he would go in first over bradley

All this shouldn’t matter though only the acknowledgements

Only on paper of course...

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
The abuse of power has once again hit our sport in a dramatic way, as Orlando Salido and Micky Roman will be prevented of accomplishing their dream of winning the WBC title due to a decision taken by a man sitting on a desk mandating terms of their bout.
HBO has mandated their fight to be only for 10 rounds.

The promoters have no say in the matter, and simply take the orders from the Power force of the sport, the TV Network. Tom Loeffler, Fernando Beltran, and Oswaldo Kuchle simply have to bow down and remain quiet and accept to go against the essence of our sport. I wonder how will they look into the eyes of their fighters to explain that they will not be competing for the WBC green belt, that their fight is a simple 10-round fight with no meaning whatsoever. It will be like watching a pre-season game of the NFL.

HBO will be airing a 10 round main event next Saturday night from Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay.

The WBC will not disrespect the sport and sanction a world title fight for 10 rounds. That would have been easy to do and join the bandwagon, but the WBC Board would not favor such, as there is no real explanation of the change from 12 to 10.

The WBC accepted a request for Salido to fight Miguel Berchelt in a title defense of the WBC super featherweight championship, which was accepted by HBO. Then, when Berchelt injured his hand, the WBC, supporting the card, accepted to sanction a fight for the WBC interim title between Salido and Roman.

I am very sorry for Salido, as he has expressed countless times his dream of becoming WBC champion. I am very sorry for Roman, who has done the same, and I am very sorry for boxing, as a main championship fight has been downgraded to a 10-round fight with nothing at stake.

^ WBC pres crying like a bytch cause someone finally put them in their place and didn’t let them get their way with a new BS “title fight”. :mjlol:

:salute: Nelson