Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I was always a fan of Cotto and happy for him and his successful career.

However after now finally getting to look back at everything, I can't deny it any longer...

He was overrated and so was his career :yeshrug: :ohwelp:
I'm not a Cotto fan, but I think he was rated properly :yeshrug: I've always though Miguel was a B+/A- fighter, I think most here would agree with that. What do you think the public rates him, to make him overrated? Now, he doesn't have a win over another A-, A, A+ fighter except I'd say his W against Mosley. He did come up short a lot. Definite HOFer IMO. Speak on it breh.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I was always a fan of Cotto and happy for him and his successful career.

However after now finally getting to look back at everything, I can't deny it any longer...

He was overrated and so was his career :yeshrug: :ohwelp:
I'm not a Cotto fan, but I think he was rated properly :yeshrug: I've always though Miguel was a B+/A- fighter, I think most here would agree with that. What do you think the public rates him, to make him overrated? Now, he doesn't have a win over another A-, A, A+ fighter except I'd say his W against Mosley. He did come up short a lot. Definite HOFer IMO. Speak on it breh.

I had this debate with Cliff Rold....and Bradley was better imo:

Bradley's highs in the sport were higher....and his lows were also higher. He only lost to an ATG in Pacquiao. Cotto lost to Austin Trout.

Bradley's resume is better at 140 & 147 than Cotto.

Skill wise (technical wise), yes Cotto was better...but that's on paper. In the ring, where it counts, Bradley beat better opponents imo.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
its hard to compare those 2 to me...cotto with his skillset achieved a good/great deal but could have achieved just a little bit more...nothing though that would affect his ATG status...bradley overachieved with his skillset..point blank which makes his victories look better..their only common opponent to my knowledge is pac...bradley was more competitive with him than cotto :russ:....i also agree that bradley at 140 > cotto at 140..bradley taking devon's and lamont's zero and unifying is better than cotto taking paulie's zero...147 though i do think cotto beat better welters than bradley overall..at least when cotto struggled at, went life and death or lost it was to better fighters on the same wavelength....bradley struggled with pac which he has his only 2 losses but then struggled with the likes of ruslan provodnikov...who at the time was just an espn fighter fighting at 140..he was just brought in as a opponent to make bradley look good before a pac rematch can be made...he ended up getting the beating of his life even though he won....and outside of JMM and Pac he didn't really face any top welters nor was he lighting the world on fire with who he beat either..but it is clear that bradley's ceiling was 147 for sure..cotto at least was able to be champion and competitive above 147 (outside of the trout fight)..so slight nod to cotto

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
its hard to compare those 2 to me...cotto with his skillset achieved a good/great deal but could have achieved just a little bit more...nothing though that would affect his ATG status...bradley overachieved with his skillset..point blank which makes his victories look better..their only common opponent to my knowledge is pac...bradley was more competitive with him than cotto :russ:....i also agree that bradley at 140 > cotto at 140..bradley taking devon's and lamont's zero and unifying is better than cotto taking paulie's zero...147 though i do think cotto beat better welters than bradley overall..at least when cotto struggled at, went life and death or lost it was to better fighters on the same wavelength....bradley struggled with pac which he has his only 2 losses but then struggled with the likes of ruslan provodnikov...who at the time was just an espn fighter fighting at 140..he was just brought in as a opponent to make bradley look good before a pac rematch can be made...he ended up getting the beating of his life even though he won....and outside of JMM and Pac he didn't really face any top welters nor was he lighting the world on fire with who he beat either..but it is clear that bradley's ceiling was 147 for sure..cotto at least was able to be champion and competitive above 147 (outside of the trout fight)..so slight nod to cotto
So Bradley's struggled against three fighters; ****, Pac and Prov.....how is that 'struggled with the likes of'? Oh that's right Bradley didn't take Vargas's zero, he isn't the only fighter to knock out Rios........lol

Word, Cotto was always competitive with the; losing to Trout, Canelo and Ali....while beating Delvin R, Pirate Sergio and ultimate Jap warrior...... :jbhmm: