Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Last edited:

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
All those names are more known than Derevyancheko:snoop:

Beating someone who gets Andrade name out there even more > beating a good, unknown fighter:snoop:

:mindblown:

He been fighting no name fighters all his career..Derevyancheko just has a good chance of beating him that’s why Andrade doesn’t want to fight him. Dude is no joke and Andrade knows it.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
DeGale: I Spoke To Al Haymon, He Said David Benavidez Next!

James DeGale makes his return from injury on December 9th at the Copper Box Arena against rugged pro Caleb Truax.

Speaking on our BoxNation Podcast about his preparation for the upcoming card DeGale was sure he’d be back better than ever, “I’ve done all the sparring, and my shoulder’s healed up well. I’ve got the go-ahead from the Doctor and the physio.”

‘Chunky’ has built a strong fanbase in London for his homecoming after a rocky start, “I’ve turned people's opinions around because I stopped talking and have been performing in the ring.

james-degale%20(1)_7.jpg

DeGale (23-1-1, 14 KOs), the IBF super middleweight champion, also spoke about his enigmatic advisor Al Haymon, and his plans for the future. Haymon has promised him a unification with WBC world champion David Benavidez (19-0, 17 KOs).

Benavidez will first have to overcome a planned rematch with Ronald Gavril. The Mexican slugger got off the floor to win a very close twelve round decision over Gavril for the vacant WBC title earlier this year, and now a rematch is in the works.

“[WBC Champion] David Benavidez next year is the plan. I spoke to Al Haymon and asked if he could make that fight. He said ‘James, that is the plan.’ As soon as I’ve dealt with Truax the first stop in 2018 is Benavidez."

“I give Al Haymon thanks, he treats me extremely well. He delivers everything he says and he pays me extremely well. I’m lucky enough that I can speak to him regularly, whenever I want to call him I can call him. He’s done a lot for me.”

:ehh:
Never been a huge fan but can’t say that dude shies away from tough fights.

Groves, Dirrell, Jack, now apparently Benavidez and he also said he wanna fight the WBSS winner

I think this would be a Degale win btw, Benavidez is too green to beat him. Then the WBSS winner vs Degale fight could be a huge British fight for 3 titles next year
I think Eubank wins WBSS so Eubank vs Degale then

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
:mindblown:

He been fighting no name fighters all his career..Derevyancheko just has a good chance of beating him that’s why Andrade doesn’t want to fight him. Dude is no joke and Andrade knows it.

Explain how & what Derevyancheko does that can bother Andrade?:jbhmm:

You gonna make the statement...I wanna hear you tell me about Derevyancheko then.:mjpls:

Please advise why there's "a good chance" Derevyancheko beats Andrade:jbhmm:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
The Andrade fukkery begins at 160.
Don’t want that Derevyanchenko smoke, what’s the excuse here.

“Not enough time”

l. Boxing heads would be clamoring to see Andrade fight Chenko now, stop trying to make him out tto tbe that juco swingman ass nikka Fox that he just beat.

Like I said, Andrade fukkery begins.

knowing damn well everybody would want that fight and that dude will be the best guy Andrade fought smh. Andrade a clown always been.

:dame:

Please step to the podium and respond. Now we have both sides.

But Matt Rowland of Banner Promotions, who promote Andrade, wanted to clear the air.

"It's a fight that we'll definitely make. Derevyanchenko's not that good. He's right in front of you, he's tailor made for Demetrius - it's the perfect fight for Demetrius. We didn't turn down the fight," Rowland told BoxingScene.com.

Andrade (25-0, 16 KO's), who recently entered into a multi-fight agreement with HBO, defeated Alantez Fox on October 21st.

Rowland countered the claims of Derevyancheko's manager:

"Connolly says that negotiating in October... well, we didn't find out about this fight from Peter Nelson (Executive V.P. of HBO Sports) till the second week of November and we were already told by HBO that there was no fight for Demetrius till the first quarter of next year.

"We still tried to make the fight, Lou (DiBella, the promoter of Derevyanchenko) I guess was having trouble with Connolly. They were saying there was a management dispute, promotional dispute. I didn't really know but I guess they worked it out."

Rowland makes it clear - "Our goal was to try to make that fight the first quarter of 2018."

And he believes this potential match-up can be salvaged.

"Yeah, I think so," says Rowland. "Because listen, we only knew about the fight four weeks before the scheduled date. Even HBO was in agreement that it was just too crazy. So if we actually pulled out like Connolly says, like we did something terrible like he said - why isn't his guy fighting December 16th?"

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Andrade feels that with contract deals on the same network, and fighting in the same division, there is nothing to prevent them from facing each other in the future.

"Canelo Alvarez who is popular and was at the 154lb weight division. I was knocking on his door numerous times trying to make a fight happen with him and he kept staring different ways. Now he’s at the 160lb weight class as I am, so he cannot run from this, eventually it’s going to happen and the best and the strongest will survive," Andrade told On The Ropes Boxing Radio.

Andrade believes Canelo ducked him when the two boxers were at junior middleweight. The WBO stripped Andrade of his belt for inactivity and he was poised to get a title shot at newly crowned champion Liam Smith.

But the WBO allowed Canelo to skip over Andrade, :sas2: and fight Smith for the title.

After Canelo knocked Smith out, he had little interest in facing Andrade.

"Yeah definitely [he ducked me], and people will hear me say that when I had the WBO Jr Middleweight title, he was supposed to be my mandatory and they somehow took him from being number one and put him somewhere else. :sas2: I ended up not fighting Canelo Alvarez because I had some politics of boxing business," Andrade said.

"I got my belt stripped from me because of lack of activity and all of the sudden here comes Canelo Alvarez fighting for the belt that I got stripped of, but he didn’t want to fight me when I had it. :sas2: That’s a good example for people to understand."

Who gone speak on this?

Mrdiaz1021

Rookie
Daps
He fought Heiland...and how did that help him or raise his profile with casuals?:jbhmm:

He last fought in July...when's his next fight or who's he fighting next?:jbhmm:

Exactly...and Andrade only has 2 fights left on his exclusive deal with HBO, before possibly being sent back into the abyss.:francis:

#ATeam has to make it count & facing Alantez Fox & Sergiy Derevyancheko in his first 2 fights (even though I believe Derevyancheko is a good fighter), leaving only 1 fight left on his HBO deal after only 2 months, isnt smart imo:manny:

No shyt fighting Heiland didn’t do anything for his fan base, but you acting like Charlo isn’t #1WBC and mando for GGG n Cinamonn because of it.

Andrade v Chenko might not have been for the #1 IBF spot but makes a whole lot of more sense than his Fox fight right.

Not a hater, just dumb move after dumb move... hope his next fight is actually meaningful is all. Love me some boxing

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
No shyt fighting Heiland didn’t do anything for his fan base, but you acting like Charlo isn’t #1WBC and mando for GGG n Cinamonn because of it.

Andrade v Chenko might not have been for the #1 IBF spot but makes a whole lot of more sense than his Fox fight right.

Not a hater, just dumb move after dumb move... hope his next fight is actually meaningful is all. Love me some boxing

No it doesn't. He fought Fox to get acclimated to a new division.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
No it doesn't. He fought Fox to get acclimated to a new division.
It’s a good fight breh I agree with them on that :yeshrug:

And Andrade’s promoter told Derevyanchenko gonna get that work early next year so they see some sense in it.
Derevyanchenko is a good enough contender that with beating him Andrade would secure himself in the top 4-5 MWs. Better opponent than Centeno for Charlo. PBC basically gives Charlo their other best middleweight and it’s Hugo Centeno Jr. while HBO has Canelo, GGG, Andrade, Jacobs, Lemieux, BJS :mjlol:
Derevyanchenko might be a free agent now

Point is almost everybody who matters in that division is at HBO so Andrade is on a good place and a SD fight would be good for him on the other hand Charlo needs to junp ship. 160 is HBO Land just as 154 is Showtime land (except Cotto who won’t be an active fighter anymore 3 days from now)