Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Fair post expect nikkas to flame you for this though. You gotta remember the media and these nikkas been calling Canelo all kinds of shyt up to here and claiming he was going to get stopped. It didn't happen so they gotta change the narrative, running etc.

Ain't no running in boxing its a fukking ring literally everything that is done in the ring can be countered thats why they call this shyt chess w fist. GGG didn't know the move to counter Canelo's movement that's on him. Not on Canelo.

that's true but I'd also like Canelo to move a little less on the rematch for simply stamina reasons. He moves more, he tires out earlier. He needs to stick to h ground more and counter also I'd say he needs to make it a little rougher, go on the inside, get messy etc... but from stamina reasons I still wouldn't suggest to Canelo. Otherwise it would be a good game plan cause Golovkin can't really fight on the inside like that.

If there would be a 160 pounder version of Shawn Porter or Sor Rungvisai I'd pick them to beat Golovkin at this point.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
the problem is Femi had 2 mandatories..pulev is his IBFmandatory
Ortiz vs Wilder gonna eliminate one of the mandos though...
I mean if Ortiz wins he can go fight Joshua he's gonna be the most reasonable fight for him in 2018, people won't care that much about Wilder vs Joshua if Ortiz beats Wilder.
If Wilder wins then Wilder vs Joshua may can happen earlier cause I guess with now going for the WBC title and then losing Ortiz would lose his mandatory position.

Hope Brehzale bushes Stiverne and then Stiverne won't be a problem either

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Ortiz getting knocked the fukk out. I'm sorry I just don't see the hype with this dude:yeshrug:......he's a solid fighter but wilder will be too much for him. He's faced nobody to prepare him for what wilder brings.
ortiz is like a heavyweight lara to me in the way he fights but one thing that i will not front on is ortiz has stupid power...i was in the house in DC when he fought tony thompson..the fukking audible from his punches are no joke...wilder is in for a fight if he gets sloppy

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
that's true but I'd also like Canelo to move a little less on the rematch for simply stamina reasons. He moves more, he tires out earlier. He needs to stick to h ground more and counter also I'd say he needs to make it a little rougher, go on the inside, get messy etc... but from stamina reasons I still wouldn't suggest to Canelo. Otherwise it would be a good game plan cause Golovkin can't really fight on the inside like that.

If there would be a 160 pounder version of Shawn Porter or Sor Rungvisai I'd pick them to beat Golovkin at this point.

#FACTS

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

He stick to his ground he gets dropped, GGG was moving him with shots, since when is moving Canelo's strategy, he felt moving and keep hi back near the ropes for 80% of the fight was his best bet to not get leaned in the center of the ring with those heavy shots

There's nothing Canelo can improve on with GGG, his stripes are his stripes, he can only hope to face a older GGG, does he survive 160, he threw the kitchen sink at to MW and they didnt even flinch

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
He stick to his ground he gets dropped, GGG was moving him with shots, since when is moving Canelo's strategy, he felt moving and keep hi back near the ropes for 80% of the fight was his best bet to not get leaned in the center of the ring with those heavy shots

There's nothing Canelo can improve on with GGG, his stripes are his stripes, he can only hope to face a older GGG, does he survive 160, he threw the kitchen sink at to MW and they didnt even flinch
GGG was at his mot effective and always at his most effective when his opponents either move backward or is at the ropes/corner, he can't fight nearly as good going backwards or standing. When they both were in the middle of the ring, in the pocket, Canelo was winning the exchanges and landed the more significant shots.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
GGG was at his mot effective and always at his most effective when his opponents either move backward or is at the ropes/corner, he can't fight nearly as good going backwards or standing. When they both were in the middle of the ring, in the pocket, Canelo was winning the exchanges and landed the more significant shots.
Canelo was wild throwing pot shots missing majority and getting the sweat knocked off him with laser jabs and straights in the pocket.......Punches can be deceiving the more effective shots is the shots that has the other fighter back peddling, if Canelo wasn't getting hurt there he would have fought in the pocket.....Where no knock down occurs there is no way to measure one punch from another, sometimes in the ring a jab may buzz the shyt out of a fighter and no one knows......Am i gonna ignore Canelo being bobble headed over and over sweat flying all over the damn place and him running, while he poses for his wild single shots which couldnt even literally make ggg take a step back

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Canelo was wild throwing pot shots missing majority and getting the sweat knocked off him with laser jabs and straights in the pocket.......Punches can be deceiving the more effective shots is the shots that has the other fighter back peddling, if Canelo wasn't getting hurt there he would have fought in the pocket.....Where no knock down occurs there is no way to measure one punch from another, sometimes in the ring a jab may buzz the shyt out of a fighter and no one knows......Am i gonna ignore Canelo being bobble headed over and over sweat flying all over the damn place and him running, while he poses for his wild single shots which couldnt even literally make ggg take a step back

nah not agree at all

when they were in the middle Canelo landed the better punches, then he got tired because of his strategy, because of the constant pressure and because he has a bad stamina in general. Golovkin gained steam in the rounds where Canelo backed to the ropes, from the 5th round or so

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
nah not agree at all

when they were in the middle Canelo landed the better punches, then he got tired because of his strategy, because of the constant pressure and because he has a bad stamina in general. Golovkin gained steam in the rounds where Canelo backed to the ropes, from the 5th round or so
Canelo having 2-3 good 30 sec flurries in 2-3 rounds dont mean shyt, when GGG is landing more than him, pushing him back back, touching him on the ropes winning 6-7 rounds in a row, having the crowd on silent, etc.......People pretend that all GGG landed was a jab stop that fukking lie though...GGG fought the fought the fight in Canelo face from round 1-12, aint no he should of fought in the pocket more, Canelo had a choice felt those hands and said early I cant survive this way.....

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Canelo having 2-3 good 30 sec flurries in 2-3 rounds dont mean shyt, when GGG is landing more than him, pushing him back back, touching him on the ropes winning 6-7 rounds in a row, having the crowd on silent, etc.......People pretend that all GGG landed was a jab stop that fukking lie though...GGG fought the fought the fight in Canelo face from round 1-12, aint no he should of fought in the pocket more, Canelo had a choice felt those hands and said early I cant survive this way.....
I didn't say that Golovkin had no success but as you said too he had success mostly when he got Canelo on the ropes not when they traded in the pocket in the middle of the ring

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
GGG was oversize and not even as in shape as he usually is off the eye, still dominated......Canelo would never beat GGG unless he suffers a brutal ko somewhere before hand

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I didn't say that Golovkin had no success but as you said too he had success mostly when he got Canelo on the ropes not when they traded in the pocket in the middle of the ring
GGG won 8-9 rounds he had success wherever, even rounds where Canelo flurried GGG stormed back and took those rounds......