Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
how would this make it a joke? the best heavies in the division facing each other do you know what a joke is at heavyweight? charles martin, fresh off dark matches on PBC undercards,becoming heavyweight champion or even more asinine fres oquendo being owed a heavyweight title shot and he hasn't fought in how many years...Ortiz beating wilder and femi is not equal to that breh lol
you aren't letting that one go are you :lolbron:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
you aren't letting that one go are you :lolbron:

nope...fres should have beaten byrd for his belt but then he got ko'ed by ruiz :hhh:..never liked fres anyways ever since his dirty ass "karate chopped" mo harris in the back of his head on the jones-ruiz undercard because harris was going into spoiler mode and winning...and the ref actually ruled that as a KO :camby:

Daps
how would this make it a joke? the best heavies in the division facing each other do you know what a joke is at heavyweight? charles martin, fresh off dark matches on PBC undercards,becoming heavyweight champion or even more asinine fres oquendo being owed a heavyweight title shot and he hasn't fought in how many years...Ortiz beating wilder and femi is not equal to that breh lol

The two most hyped getting the beats put on them by a guy who is probably already halfway out of the game puts this division into purgatory.. I wont say bushes and Ill take back the 'joke' part but imo its not a good look for the division when these two are supposed to be carrying the heavyweight division this era

Joshua-Wilder is a fight people want to see but if they both take L's before..... :wow:

stay tuned for October I believe BJS said Fury would announce his return to the ring (again).. by 2019 the UK will be holding all the heavyweight belts :wow:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Ortiz really is in a win-win situation. I believe hes also the mandatory for Joshua.

Lets say he loses to Wilder, goes on to fight Joshua and loses. Okay, not bad considering you're the underdog and he gets a good paycheck where he can go and retire because truthfully hes old.

Or, he loses to Wilder but exposes Joshua.. sets him up for a rematch with Wilder but it makes Wilder-Joshua less appealing

Or, he beats Wilder but loses to Joshua.. thats okay you can just get a rematch with Joshua which is a guaranteed good payday :manny:

What could also happen (which would make this Heavyweight era look like a right joke) is he beats Wilder and then beats Joshua. If he did this he can happily retire because to be real theres nothing great left after that in the division (Wilder and Joshua arent even great they're just 'better' than whats out there :francis: )

For Ortiz to take this fight now must mean that hes very confident... if he beats Wilder and immediately calls for Joshua next its a bad look for Joshua if he doesnt fight him around May-June especially since he is his mandatory and he has a belt.
I think with taking this fight he loses his mandatory position at WBA, if he loses then probably no Joshua fight for him, however if he wins, he will get it anyway

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I think with taking this fight he loses his mandatory position at WBA, if he loses then probably no Joshua fight for him, however if he wins, he will get it anyway
He'll still get the Joshua fight. Hearn is just keeping Ortiz around until he feels he's vulnerable enough to put him against Joshua. The name will look good on his resume regardless

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Canelo N his stamina vs Tito N his stamina :merchant:

Mexico would've shed many a tear into their cervesas ...like they did in all of Titos fights

Undefeated against Mexicans :banderas:

Just the thought of #TitoTitan landing those compact hooks mid range while Canelo is gassing out on the ropes during the 6th rd :ohlawd:

If GGG could make Mexican's boo Canelo, Tito would of had them throwing chairs while Canelo ran for the locker rooms:mjlol:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Just the thought of #TitoTitan landing those compact hooks mid range while Canelo is gassing out on the ropes during the 6th rd :ohlawd:

If GGG could make Mexican's boo Canelo, Tito would of had them throwing chairs while Canelo ran for the locker rooms:mjlol:
:deadmanny: