Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Daps
I've held my hostility as Im to old for this boxing shyt and may stroke out over the corruption in the sport........

Anybody who had Canelo close or winning, I cant take anything they say about boxing seriously, I could give a fukk if u are trolling or what......Golvokin had so Canelo so frustrated and lost by round six, Canelo was doing dirty shots in the clinch as he was so frustrated, the crowd was dead silent Canelo got the shyt boxed out of him, GGG won 8-9 clear rounds here....Even in the later rounds how are you landing your best shots and running for dear life taking leather in the same instance.....Canelo got schooled here

You know whats funny same guys using the excuse of 'GGG's pressure/ring generalship is why he won' ignore that side of the game when looking at why Jeff Horn beat PEDman :mjgrin:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Means 0.

Anytime he's in with a someone who's special (Floyd) or deemed by the hype to be special (GGG), he looks good but never great.

What makes him a special fighter?

I guess our definition of special is different. Canelo has an elite skill set in everything except for stamina and foot speed to me.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I remember people were saying that Ward won't be able to physically bully and outmuscle Kovalev a natural, big lhw like he did with opponents in smw

guess what he just did
9538d72e6611761058331759ecab128f.png
:russ:

Made em quit and contemplate retirement :huhldup:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I guess our definition of special is different. Canelo has an elite skill set in everything except for stamina and foot speed to me.

But yet Canelo didn't look special vs Floyd, GGG, or Lara :wow:

When I think "special" I think of almost a once in a generation type of talent....apparently just being very good is enough to be deemed special nowadays:wow:

If Canelo is listed as "Special", what would we call Floyd Mayweather, ODLH, Tito Trinidad, Shane Mosley, or Winky Wright when they were at 154 bc Canelo is not on their level to me:hubie:

Last edited:
Daps

This gonna be good :ahh:

2-3 years ago I woulda said Ortiz beats Wilder easy, now I'm not so sure. Definitely think Wilder would need a KO to win because he aint outboxing Ortiz for 12 but man... this is where Wilder can shine and make the fight with Anthony Joshua look more interesting for 2018. Wilder needs this win to shut some people up.

On paper this match is wrong for him because them wild haymakers that he loves wont run with Ortiz.. thats a counter punching disaster waiting for happen BUT Ortiz hasnt looked too great for a while so this is a good match

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

When I think "special" I think of almost a once in a generation type of talent....apparently just being very good is enough to be deemed special nowadays:wow:

If Canelo is listed as "Special", what would we call Floyd Mayweather, ODLH, Tito Trinidad, Shane Mosley, or Winky Wright when they were at 154 bc Canelo is not on their level to me:hubie:

Canelo N his stamina vs Tito N his stamina :merchant:

Mexico would've shed many a tear into their cervesas ...like they did in all of Titos fights

Undefeated against Mexicans :banderas:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
2-3 years ago I woulda said Ortiz beats Wilder easy, now I'm not so sure. Definitely think Wilder would need a KO to win because he aint outboxing Ortiz for 12 but man... this is where Wilder can shine and make the fight with Anthony Joshua look more interesting for 2018. Wilder needs this win to shut some people up.

On paper this match is wrong for him because them wild haymakers that he loves wont run with Ortiz.. thats a counter punching disaster waiting for happen BUT Ortiz hasnt looked too great for a while so this is a good match
He looked good against Allen imo, the Scott fight was meh but Scott just went for surviving and the fight was a stinker mostly because of him not Ortiz... Ortiz as a counter puncher less likely gonna walk down an opponent going for surviving it is what it is... :ld: Wilder will attack more and also gonna be more reckless
that can result in a usual highlight reel Wilder straight right KO but also can result - imo more likely - in an Ortiz counter KO

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

I'm no Canelo stan so I really don't disagree here, my only point would be how old was Canelo when all these fights happened? How old was Tito Trinidad when he faced Hopkins?

Daps
He looked good against Allen imo, the Scott fight was meh but Scott just went for surviving and the fight was a stinker mostly because of him not Ortiz... Ortiz as a counter puncher less likely gonna walk down an opponent going for surviving it is what it is... :ld: Wilder will attack more and also gonna be more reckless
that can result in a usual highlight reel Wilder straight right KO but also can result - imo more likely - in an Ortiz counter KO

Ortiz really is in a win-win situation. I believe hes also the mandatory for Joshua.

Lets say he loses to Wilder, goes on to fight Joshua and loses. Okay, not bad considering you're the underdog and he gets a good paycheck where he can go and retire because truthfully hes old.

Or, he loses to Wilder but exposes Joshua.. sets him up for a rematch with Wilder but it makes Wilder-Joshua less appealing

Or, he beats Wilder but loses to Joshua.. thats okay you can just get a rematch with Joshua which is a guaranteed good payday :manny:

What could also happen (which would make this Heavyweight era look like a right joke) is he beats Wilder and then beats Joshua. If he did this he can happily retire because to be real theres nothing great left after that in the division (Wilder and Joshua arent even great they're just 'better' than whats out there :francis: )

For Ortiz to take this fight now must mean that hes very confident... if he beats Wilder and immediately calls for Joshua next its a bad look for Joshua if he doesnt fight him around May-June especially since he is his mandatory and he has a belt.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I'm no Canelo stan so I really don't disagree here, my only point would be how old was Canelo when all these fights happened? How old was Tito Trinidad when he faced Hopkins?

What does Canelo's age have to do with anything?:dwillhuh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
What could also happen (which would make this Heavyweight era look like a right joke) is he beats Wilder and then beats Joshua. If he did this he can happily retire because to be real theres nothing great left after that in the division (Wilder and Joshua arent even great they're just 'better' than whats out there :francis: )
how would this make it a joke? the best heavies in the division facing each other do you know what a joke is at heavyweight? charles martin, fresh off dark matches on PBC undercards,becoming heavyweight champion or even more asinine fres oquendo being owed a heavyweight title shot and he hasn't fought in how many years...Ortiz beating wilder and femi is not equal to that breh lol