Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
So then why are so many 5k and under tickets still available when thats the same price as Canelo/GGG?:dwillhuh:

Shouldn't they have been the 1st ones to go?:ld:

Vs Pacquiao, the tickets were $1,500-$7,500 and the fight sold totally out....while now, hes not even 50% sold and the tickets are $2500 - $10k with plenty tickets at the price of $7500 - $2500 still available:dwillhuh:

You could make this argument if all the 7500 and under tickets were gone....but they not, they still available:

View media item 14643View media item 14644View media item 14645View media item 14646

Same prices as Pacquiao fight available, but still them tickets not moving bc people see through the bs imo breh:hubie:
Might be a good time to be a fan spending some dough in Vegas. Could walk away with some comped tickets. You know it will be "sold out" on Saturday. :sas2:

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Might be a good time to be a fan spending some dough in Vegas. Could walk away with some comped tickets. You know it will be "sold out" on Saturday. :sas2:

Bro, you think it'll come down to them having to give away a few of those tickets? I realize the fight is in two days but I never thought about that as a possibility for this fight

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Who y'all got in the Sergiy Derevyanchenko vs. Tureano Johnson fight. Johnson a +300 underdog is good betting numbers for me. But I dnt know too much about the dude he facing. He seems to be one of the upcoming euro-demons tho:patrice:.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
You like to argue over nonsense breh :mjlol:

Im not arguing anything...its #FACTS. The tickets aint moving at the box office or on the secondary market :hubie:

You can either add to the topic or not, but dont respond to me with personal attacks bc you cannot dispute what i posted breh:camby:

Fans have spoken with their wallets:manny:

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Who y'all got in the Sergiy Derevyanchenko vs. Tureano Johnson fight. Johnson a +300 underdog is good betting numbers for me. But I dnt know too much about the dude he facing. He seems to be one of the upcoming euro-demons tho:patrice:.

i got derevyanchenko but johnson is very game

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Gervonta Davis: Lomachenko Fight Won't Make My Career

By Keith Idec

LAS VEGAS – Gervonta Davis and his promoter, Floyd Mayweather Jr., have been unapologetic about refusing to consider a fight against Vasyl Lomachenko just yet.

Mayweather has made it clear that the fast-developing Davis won’t pursue a 130-pound title unification fight against Lomachenko any time soon.
If it never happens, the 22-year-old Davis doesn’t think it’ll adversely affect his career.

“I don’t think [I’ll be] disappointed,” Davis said before a press conference Thursday at MGM Grand. “If the fight happens, it happens. I believe that he’s a great fighter. I don’t think he’ll make my career. It’s not that I can say I have to fight him for my career to go well. If the fight happens, it happens. I wish him the best with his upcoming fight and I’m focused on my fight.”

davis-lomachenko.jpg

Davis referred to Lomachenko’s potential fight against WBA 122-pound champion Guillermo Rigondeaux on December 9 in The Theater at Madison Square Garden. The powerful southpaw from Baltimore is looking forward to watching Ukraine’s Lomachenko (9-1, 7 KOs) battle Cuba’s Rigondeaux (17-0, 11 KOs, 1 NC) if their deal gets finalized.

For now, though, Davis (18-0, 17 KOs) is focused on the expansive platform on which he’ll fight Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Davis is scheduled to defend his IBF super featherweight title against unknown Costa Rican Francisco Fonseca (19-0-1, 13 KOs) in the co-featured fight before Mayweather meets UFC superstar Conor McGregor in a 12-round, 154-pound main event (Showtime Pay-Per-View; $99.95 in HD).

Davis is listed as a 50-1 favorite over Fonseca by most Las Vegas and Internet sports books. Assuming Davis defeats Fonseca, he hopes to pursue a 130-pound title unification fight against WBC champion Miguel Berchelt (32-1, 28 KOs) or WBA champion Jezreel Corrales (22-1, 8 KOs, 1 NC).

“I actually wanna unify pretty soon,” Davis said. “If not unify, move up to 35 and get a fight at 135 [against] one of them champs up there. I’m open for it. … I might move up. If I don’t get a [unification fight] against one of the guys at 30, I’m gonna move up to 35 to try to get one of them belts, and then probably move back down.”

Gervonta Davis: Lomachenko Fight Won't Make My Career - Boxing News

But....he could unify by fighting Lomachenko instead of hoping to avoid him:dead:

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Gervonta Davis: Lomachenko Fight Won't Make My Career

By Keith Idec

LAS VEGAS – Gervonta Davis and his promoter, Floyd Mayweather Jr., have been unapologetic about refusing to consider a fight against Vasyl Lomachenko just yet.

Mayweather has made it clear that the fast-developing Davis won’t pursue a 130-pound title unification fight against Lomachenko any time soon.
If it never happens, the 22-year-old Davis doesn’t think it’ll adversely affect his career.

“I don’t think [I’ll be] disappointed,” Davis said before a press conference Thursday at MGM Grand. “If the fight happens, it happens. I believe that he’s a great fighter. I don’t think he’ll make my career. It’s not that I can say I have to fight him for my career to go well. If the fight happens, it happens. I wish him the best with his upcoming fight and I’m focused on my fight.”

davis-lomachenko.jpg

Davis referred to Lomachenko’s potential fight against WBA 122-pound champion Guillermo Rigondeaux on December 9 in The Theater at Madison Square Garden. The powerful southpaw from Baltimore is looking forward to watching Ukraine’s Lomachenko (9-1, 7 KOs) battle Cuba’s Rigondeaux (17-0, 11 KOs, 1 NC) if their deal gets finalized.

For now, though, Davis (18-0, 17 KOs) is focused on the expansive platform on which he’ll fight Saturday night at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Davis is scheduled to defend his IBF super featherweight title against unknown Costa Rican Francisco Fonseca (19-0-1, 13 KOs) in the co-featured fight before Mayweather meets UFC superstar Conor McGregor in a 12-round, 154-pound main event (Showtime Pay-Per-View; $99.95 in HD).

Davis is listed as a 50-1 favorite over Fonseca by most Las Vegas and Internet sports books. Assuming Davis defeats Fonseca, he hopes to pursue a 130-pound title unification fight against WBC champion Miguel Berchelt (32-1, 28 KOs) or WBA champion Jezreel Corrales (22-1, 8 KOs, 1 NC).

“I actually wanna unify pretty soon,” Davis said. “If not unify, move up to 35 and get a fight at 135 [against] one of them champs up there. I’m open for it. … I might move up. If I don’t get a [unification fight] against one of the guys at 30, I’m gonna move up to 35 to try to get one of them belts, and then probably move back down.”

Gervonta Davis: Lomachenko Fight Won't Make My Career - Boxing News

But....he could unify by fighting Lomachenko instead of hoping to avoid him:dead:
Tank my dude but we gotta call it what it is at this point.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
tureano is tough but this sergiy dude is a beast

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Charles Conwell Focused on Accomplishing Big Things in Career

By Thomas Gerbasi

As one of nine children, this may sound cliché, but Charles Conwell had to learn how to fight.

“I was the second youngest, so I got picked on a lot,” he said with a chuckle.

But after taking the necessary lessons from his siblings, nothing Conwell faced in the boxing ring would be quite as daunting, with the result eventually being a spot on the 2016 U.S. Olympic team and a 4-0 pro record he hopes to make 5-0 when he meets Reynaldo Trujillo in Miami, Oklahoma Friday night.

“I’d say at first I was always trying to compete with them,” he said of growing up with his family in Cleveland. “They were way bigger and older than me, but I still tried to keep up and hang with them. Now, we compete in a friendly way, but it’s more like we motivate each other, push each other and support each other since we got older.”

And now one picks on him anymore.

“Yeah, no one picks on me,” he laughs.

charles-conwell.jpg

Of course, getting older is a relative term when it comes to Conwell, who will turn 20 in November. He’s the latest of the Baby Bombers of the 2016 Team USA squad to start making some noise in the pro game, along with 20-year-old Shakur Stevenson, 21-year-olds Nico Hernandez, Carlos Balderas and Antonio Vargas, and 22-year-old Claressa Shields, who recently won a world title in just her fourth fight.

“That did motivate me a lot to see somebody I know so close accomplish something so fast and so big,” Conwell said of Shields’ win over Nikki Adler. “She’s a two-time Olympic gold medalist, so I knew she could do it. It was just a matter of time before she got the job done.”

Despite Shields’ rapid ascension, Conwell isn’t in a rush to nab his own world title, saying, “I’m cool at the pace I’m going at.”

That pace is a fast one, though, as he has fought every month since his debut in April, scoring knockouts in each victory, with no fight going into the third round. And while he isn’t scheduled for September yet, expect to see him kept busy by his promoter, Lou DiBella, and Conwell has no problem with that.

“I don’t know if that’s the plan, but I like fighting, and I like staying active,” he said. “It keeps me in shape, and if that’s what they plan to do, I’m ready for it.”

Maybe it’s the product of growing up in a big family, but Conwell does appear to be more mature than most teenagers, and with his work ethic evident, his future has the potential to be as bright as he wants it to be.

“You gotta know what you want in life and have a good team behind you,” he said. “You want to keep your focus on what you want and how to get it. I try to keep those things on my mind at all times. Stay focused and stay sharp, not just physically, but mentally.”

And while it might not take him that long, he is well aware that by the time five years pass on his career and that of his Olympic teammates, the Class of 2016 may very well be running boxing.

“For sure, I think in five years we should all be world champions or contenders,” he said. “We should all be on top of our game then.”

Charles Conwell Focused on Accomplishing Big Things in Career - Boxing News

:obama: