Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps

I guess the Boxing fan has spoken:hubie:

I keep seeing the media run with this
:mjlol:

Ringside seats will set you back $10,000 a pop, while the “cheap” seats will run you $500 each.

Prices in between the extremes at the 20,000-seat facility check in at $1,500, $2,500, $3,500, $5,000 and $7,500.

Updates:
On StubHub, the most expensive ticket costs a whopping $100,250 for a fan to sit ringside.

With tickets ranging from $1,500 for upper level seats to more than $24,000 for seats on the floor,

Ringside seats are sold out, but tickets are available in the next tier of seats. Be prepared to pay -- a quick scan shows seats range from $5,000 to $15,000 in these sections just off the floor. Upper-deck seats range from $1,500 to $3,500.

Tickets for Canelo vs. Golovkin are priced at $5,000, $2,500, $2,000, $1,500, $800, $700, $500 and $300, not including applicable service charges and taxes.

May-McG: $100K/24K/10K - $1500
Canelo-GGG: 5K-$300

:heh: shyt is simple math, the selling out is irrelevant.

If I got 10 tickets at 10K, and you got 10 tickets at 5K...you sell 10 tix and I sell 6 tix, I still earned more. I can't believe people even comparing the two when you factor this in. Yeah there's tickets left but they are making up for it with that crazy pricing. MayPac had a 35K ticket sold.

Besides your average boxing fan can't afford these tickets.

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I keep seeing the media run with this
:mjlol:

Updates:

May-McG: $100K/24K/10K - $1500
Canelo-GGG: 5K-$300

:heh: shyt is simple math, the selling out is irrelevant.

If I got 10 tickets at 10K, and you got 10 tickets at 5K...you sell 10 tix and I sell 6 tix, I still earned more. I can't believe people even comparing the two when you factor this in. Yeah there's tickets left but they are making up for it with that crazy pricing. MayPac had a 35K ticket sold.

Besides your average boxing fan can't afford these tickets.

Stubhub? Who buys after market tickets for a fight that isnt sold out?:dwillhuh:

On Ticketmaster.com, there are TONS of seats still available:wow:

View media item 14642View media item 14643

Only the floor seats are sold out. However all the rest of the tickets left are between $2,500 & $10,000 which is affordable for the average high income Boxing fan looking to see Floyd break Marciano's record if they really wanted too:yeshrug:

View media item 14644View media item 14645View media item 14646View media item 14647View media item 14648

And they still aint selling with only 2 days left before the event:ld:

The Boxing fans have chosen breh..
Canelo/GGG > Floyd making Boxing history by going 50-0 & retiring after an exhibition fight which is counting towards his record:hubie:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
And its not just Boxing fans going to this event. Its MMA fans, Celebrities, and The Casuals of both sports also:ehh:

I believe way more TRUE Boxing fans are going to Canelo/GGG....Floyd vs McGregor wasnt made for us....Ellerbe told us this himself in the press conference :manny:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
@Newzz so you think GGG Canelo does more at the gate than Mayweather McGregor?

I'm not talking about who supports which fight more I'm talking about dollars earned...

Boxing fans are undoubtedly more interested in the toss up fight of GGG Canelo than May McG im not arguing that.

This is the money fight and it's gonna do more numbers all across the board which was always the goal, $$. If Floyd wanted a fight like that (toss up) he

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California

I'm not talking about who supports which fight more I'm talking about dollars earned...

Boxing fans are undoubtedly more interested in the toss up fight of GGG Canelo than May McG in not arguing that.

This is the money fight and it's gonna do more numbers all across the board which was always the goal, $$.

U being serious?:dahell:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Where's the confusion in what I said...if they wanted a sold out fight they could lower the pricing and be sold in a half second
Breh it's not about trying to sale out the fight it's about making the most money they can in ticket sales.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Boxing fans are undoubtedly more interested in the toss up fight of GGG Canelo than May McG im not arguing that.

This is the money fight and it's gonna do more numbers all across the board which was always the goal, $$. If Floyd wanted a fight like that (toss up) he

I dont care who makes more money breh

All Im saying is the Boxing fan has chosen...they couldve used the same money to go to Floyd/McGregor to witness history, but chose Canelo/GGG instead:manny:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Breh it's not about trying to sale out the fight it's about making the most money they can in ticket sales.

:dwillhuh: Are you slow...

that's exactly what I said from the jump. :beli:

Media trying to compare a sold out event to a non sold out event, as if Floyd can't sell that shyt out with ease by lowering his tix.

A sell out would be great but that's not the goal, he's trying to maximize dollars.

I dont care who makes more money breh

All Im saying is the Boxing fan has chosen...they couldve used the same money to go to Floyd/McGregor to witness history, but chose Canelo/GGG instead:manny:

It's a better and cheaper fight. If May put his tix at the range they did, it's sold out also.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh: Are you slow...

that's exactly what I said from the jump. :beli:

Media trying to compare a sold out event to a non sold out event, as if Floyd can't sell that shyt out with ease by lowering his tix.

A sell out would be great but that's not the goal, he's trying to maximize dollars.

It's a better and cheaper fight. If May put his tix at the range they did, it's sold out also.

So then why are so many 5k and under tickets still available when thats the same price as Canelo/GGG?:dwillhuh:

Shouldn't they have been the 1st ones to go?:ld:

Vs Pacquiao, the tickets were $1,500-$7,500 and the fight sold totally out....while now, hes not even 50% sold and the tickets are $2500 - $10k with plenty tickets at the price of $7500 - $2500 still available:dwillhuh:

You could make this argument if all the 7500 and under tickets were gone....but they not, they still available:

View media item 14643View media item 14644View media item 14645View media item 14646

Same prices as Pacquiao fight available, but still them tickets not moving bc people see through the bs imo breh:hubie:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Stubhub? Who buys after market tickets for a fight that isnt sold out?:dwillhuh:

On Ticketmaster.com, there are TONS of seats still available:wow:

View media item 14642View media item 14643

Only the floor seats are sold out. However all the rest of the tickets left are between $2,500 & $10,000 which is affordable for the average high income Boxing fan looking to see Floyd break Marciano's record if they really wanted too:yeshrug:

View media item 14644View media item 14645View media item 14646View media item 14647View media item 14648

And they still aint selling with only 2 days left before the event:ld:

The Boxing fans have chosen breh..
Canelo/GGG > Floyd making Boxing history by going 50-0 & retiring after an exhibition fight which is counting towards his record:hubie:

You like to argue over nonsense breh :mjlol:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The game of boxing aint fair but fukk it thats how it is. It takes more than just being the most skilled fighter to be popular. At the same time you also know that politics is funny :mjpls: so you're gonna have other fighters that are 'more appealing to viewers :mjpls: ' pushed over others - hence why no personality-cant-speak-english ass Lomachenko is pushed more than any TR fighter. Terence Crawford aint popular because apart from his skills theres no reason to wanna follow him.. he got no personality and hes from fukkin Omaha.. who the hell wants to follow some fighter from the middle of nowhere

This is why he should just join TMT.. Tank is more popular than him.. hes trash in interviews but just the Mayweather association alone will get you somewhere.

These fighters grew up watching Floyd and saw him leave Arum cause he was going through the same shyt, no sympathy for any black fighter still falling for Arums lies in 2017. nikka needs to know that as long as Lomachenko doesn't lose hes always gonna be number 2 in terms of priority. Facts. He will not get the same type of promo that Loma gets as long as he stays at Top Rank. Facts.

I think black fighters need a black promoter to truly thrive. Someone that understands them. TR is great at developing fighters, but don't really know what to do with black fighters.

Imagine if he was on TMT. Look at what TMT has done with guys that aren't top tier. Look at what they are doing when they finally got a top tier talent. Their development with Tank has been impressive and his popularity continues to increase.