Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
How did Shakur look?
He is smooth and has good skillset. Tough to really put much into that fight as the opponent was clearly over matched and had nothing for Stevenson.

I agree with what Ward was saying and you have to let him get acclimated to the pros and slowly increase his competition. Teddy was going on the his amateur career was great so fast track him. To me history has proven that the pro game is different and give these kids some time to work their way into elite competition.

Stevenson looked patient and did a nice job sticking to his gameplan. He fought a guy that let him be at the distance he wanted and control the pace. Stevenson's natural style seems like he will want to box and not try to rely on power. In many ways very Andre Ward esque, without the inside fighting (yet).

Let's give Stevenson some time to work his skills and develop all aspects of his game. Potential looks great.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
He is smooth and has good skillset. Tough to really put much into that fight as the opponent was clearly over matched and had nothing for Stevenson.

I agree with what Ward was saying and you have to let him get acclimated to the pros and slowly increase his competition. Teddy was going on the his amateur career was great so fast track him. To me history has proven that the pro game is different and give these kids some time to work their way into elite competition.

Stevenson looked patient and did a nice job sticking to his gameplan. He fought a guy that let him be at the distance he wanted and control the pace. Stevenson's natural style seems like he will want to box and not try to rely on power. In many ways very Andre Ward esque, without the inside fighting (yet).

Let's give Stevenson some time to work his skills and develop all aspects of his game. Potential looks great.

he can fight on the inside

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
good jab and step back. does not know when to add on more punches to jabs yet. not a risk taker. takes turns. perfectionist.
You think he was pushing his left hand, or just not putting his whole body into it? His head didn't move the entire fight.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
he can fight on the inside
Hadn't seen enough of him to know he had an inside game. In general one of the things amateurs need to learn about the pro game, case in point Loma-Salido.
Stevenson wasn't forced to use the inside game last night, would love to see it though. His outside game looks really good, if he has that inside game like you say, dude can go a long way.