Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

Norris's coming out fight, fighting another over the hill fighter in SRL. Leonard hadn't fought in over a year and while still a formidable fighter, couldn't really compete with the top dogs anymore. Ref gets whacked at the end of round 6 :pachaha: Knocked down twice, Leonard really took an ass-whooping in this one

:wtf: :russ: @ BOTH of their entrance songs

Last edited by a moderator:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
That's why I just :snoop: when people come at Floyd for being "too defensive". Fans really don't care about the boxers they just want bloodsport. Most of the fans talking about "Mayweather fights boring I'll never pay for his fights" prob watch Pacquiao or other "exciting" fighters via free stream. People talking about "atleast Amir Khan doesn't back down" look at his ass getting wobbled left and right. If his last opponent had ANY type of decent power Khan woulda been looking at his 3rd straight loss and maybe the end of his career you never know. But he did it for the fans though right :rudy:

This is definitely not a good look though I stayed trying to tell people Boxing ≠ Parkinson's but shiieeeet

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
I think that Margarito fight is what really started Manny's decline. Although he wasn't hit with any bombs he was hurt to the body and had to fight at an intense pace just to keep a much naturally bigger dude off of him. That shyt takes a lot out of you. Fighting and sparring dudes like Margarito/Angulo etc..might look easy cuz they defense is below average but them nikkas really make you put in work on them. After that fight Manny ain't look like the Manny who terrorized Diaz all the way to Clottey. It's like he went to cruise control. I don't fault him too hard for the Mosley fight, because once Shane got dropped nikka went bytch and ran the rest of the fight, shyt reminded me of Taylor/Joppy.

Now that I think about it. Manny and Taylor got mismanaged hard when it came to a certain point of their careers. Taylor fighting 3 southpaws in a row:what: After Manny beat Clottey, Arum should have been grooming younger more fan friendly type of opponents for him instead of having him fight the senior circuit making him look worse than what he really was.

aint no way in hell u can say lou mismanaged jermain or the fault of his career going down the drain. he did fight 3 soutphaws but lets not act like 2 (spinks,ouma) of them weren't junior middleweights. lou knew what he was doing by putting jermiain in there with them. they weren't no where near big of a threat to taylor like miranada, abraham and pavlik were at 160.

the ouma and spinks fights both backfired when jermain put up back to back lackluster performances. he was favorite to knock out both guys. can't blame lou for that.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
aint no way in hell u can say lou mismanaged jermain or the fault of his career going down the drain. he did fight 3 soutphaws but lets not act like 2 (spinks,ouma) of them weren't junior middleweights. lou knew what he was doing by putting jermiain in there with them. they weren't no where near big of a threat to taylor like miranada, abraham and pavlik were at 160.

the ouma and spinks fights both backfired when jermain put up back to back lackluster performances. he was favorite to knock out both guys. can't blame lou for that.

We'll just have to disagree then breh.

Those fights especially the Spinks fight were bad style match ups for Taylor. Winky was cool because of the stature of the bout so I'm not really shytting on them for that, but if they wanted Taylor to get some winnable fights against 154 guys after the Winky fight they could have went for dudes who were more suited for Taylor's style. I know that Sergio Mora turned down a shot, but getting Spinks as a replacement wasn't doing Jermain any favors. After seeing how Joppy ran and moved all night, his folks should have known that Taylor can't really fight movers like that. Plus dude was going through the whole trainer switch. You don't throw a guy in there with a spoiler when you're trying to gel with a new trainer.

And for the record I think Lou's a good promoter, but I don't think he handled that part of Taylor's career as good as he could have.
:manny:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Jermaine Tay messed it for himself..
he barely got through fukkin corey stink spinks!!
Then nearly took out kelly pavlik which later resulted in his crushing Loss.Props to Kelly for finding a way to hurt him and take him out..what a fight!

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

yeah taylor was pulling the shyt that canelo is pulling now..it eventually caught up to him...that fight with spinks didn't sit well with me because i thought spinks gave him a boxing lesson and won that fight handily

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Of course it's up to Jermain to perform and win the fight. Nobody can fight for dude. the point I'm making is Taylor had no business fighting Spinks in the 1st place. It was a lose lose situation for him. He knock dude out, so what Zab did that too and he's supposed to win. He loses or doesn't look good and people shyt all over him still.

I wouldn't even compare those Taylor fights to anything Canelo is doing now. Taylor at least fought Joppy and Edouards who were natural middles before challenging for a title against Hopkins. Canelo hasn't fought any type of natural 154lber that was at least close to their prime before or after he's won a belt.

I'm just looking at shyt in a match maker type of way. I would rather throw a guy like Broner in there with Beltran before I let him fight a guy like Vasquez especially if I want to him to keep building his name up and looking impressive. This way you at least get a fan friendly fight.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
miranda (after the pavlik fight) v taylor (before or after the pavlik fight)?

I think Taylor beats Miranda by late stoppage after boxing his head off.

Although Miranda has a puncher's chance, he was too crude for a guy like Taylor who had a great jab, quicker hands, and good power himself.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
I think Taylor beats Miranda by late stoppage after boxing his head off.

Although Miranda has a puncher's chance, he was too crude for a guy like Taylor who had a great jab, quicker hands, and good power himself.

miranda (after the pavlik fight) v taylor (before or after the pavlik fight)?

we talkin bout the miranda before pavlik, same one who broke arthurs jaw. even though i do agree wit lauderale, and think taylor would have won that fight, it was a fight that was on the verge of happening but pavlik fukked that all up :laff:

yeah back to eddie mustapha muhammad.
Dawson was great with Floyd snr..

I read that dawson wants to change trainers

dawson is a head case, Period. it aint got shyt to do with the trainers anymore,

u go from scully, to birmingham, to floyd sr, to eddie , to steward and now back to scully now he wants to change. :smh: it aint like none of those guys are bad trainers either. i like eddie but, during chads 1st fight wit hopkins mustapha tried to reach out to hopkins camp and help them out with :laff: guess he really was mad about chad leaving him.