Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
This.....................

He was forced to fight Trout, Trout been calling put Canelo since he whipped his bro, Canelo simply ran out of cherries to pick

exactly...being a 154 champ for as long as he has and fighting not even 1 credible 154 contender or fellow champ..shameful shyt

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
exactly...being a 154 champ for as long as he has and fighting not even 1 credible 154 contender or fellow champ..shameful shyt

Yup Yup, I love seeing frauds get exposed though:ahh:

Cant wait til he catch that fade, from a huge JMW

iMajor

MartinLouisTheKingJr
Daps
Reppin
shutter island
It will be a good fight I haven't really seen Canelo defense. So if trout "boxes" him it will be good to see. I disagree about trout being unmarketable. Because that's like 95% of boxing. He just needs the right backing. And maybe open up his mouth a bit more. But if he beats Canelo who will he face? And if Canelo wins who will he face?

tnprince1005

Rookie
Daps
Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer tells SI that @NoDoubtTrout is "being considered" for Canelo but "at this point, don't think it will happen"

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

The Trash Talk...​

The Entire Fight...​

Highlights of the fight​

-Judge Jerry Roth scored the last round for Mayweather, the only judge to do so. Had he scored the twelfth for De La Hoya, the fight would have been a draw.

-Tickets sold out in three hours making a live gate record of over $19 million.

-Broke all pay-per-view records at 2.45 million buys and $136,853,700 million in domestic revenue.

-The bout made $165 million in total gross revenue making it the richest fight ever.

-Both the Associated Press and ESPN's Dan Rafael scored the fight 116-112 in favor of Mayweather.

-"I thought Oscar won the fight on points, threw more punches and was more aggressive," Floyd Mayweather Sr. said after the fight. “My son had good defense and caught a lot of punches but Oscar pressed enough to win the fight." Mayweather Sr. watched the fight from a $2,000 ringside seat, which was purchased for him by De La Hoya.

:wow: and :wtf: at the same damn time...I didn't see this as close at all, 116-112 Mayweather is as close as it got. Oscar's jab was doing ok until that right hand began raining in. This was the last Boxing PPV I actually bought...me and my cuz watched this, good times :obama:

Last edited by a moderator:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It will be a good fight I haven't really seen Canelo defense. So if trout "boxes" him it will be good to see. I disagree about trout being unmarketable. Because that's like 95% of boxing. He just needs the right backing. And maybe open up his mouth a bit more. But if he beats Canelo who will he face? And if Canelo wins who will he face?

154 is a loaded division...trust those 2 will have no problem finding fights there...and don't let trout's performance against cotto convince you he's marketable....there's a reason why only now he's getting attention...his fights generally are stinkers...his fight with delvin rodriguez was one of the worst in 2012..he only got that cotto fight because cotto thought he would be a soft touch

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
speaking of trout :russ:

Article Link - Austin Trout Arrested, Accused of Public Intoxication
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Austin Trout Arrested, Accused of Public Intoxication
Posted by: David P. Greisman on 1/2/2013 .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

by David P. Greisman

Junior middleweight titleholder Austin Trout was arrested early in the morning on New Year’s Day in Texas “on suspicion of public intoxication,” according to the El Paso Times.

Trout was one of a handful of people people arrested at 4:30 a.m. at a restaurant; he was put behind bars at 8:50 a.m. and set free on bail at 11 a.m., according to the newspaper.

Police were called to the restaurant for a report of a fight. Witnesses identified Trout and three other people as being involved. While speaking to those allegedly involved, officers smelled alcohol and noticed “slurred speech and unsteady balance,” according to the article, which cited the police report.

The 27-year-old New Mexico resident is coming off the biggest win of his career: a December unanimous decision over Miguel Cotto that took place at Madison Square Garden and headlined a Showtime main event. The victory brought Trout’s record to 26-0 with 14 knockouts.

Greg Cohen, who is Trout’s promoter, told Steve Kim of MaxBoxing.com that the charge is “ridiculous.”

“We’ll work vigorously to have this incident be taken off the record,” Cohen was quoted as saying, according to a posting by Kim on Twitter.

El Paso County’s online court records did not yet show any cases listed for Trout as of early in the evening on Jan. 2.

David P. Greisman is a member of the Boxing Writers Association of America. Follow David on Twitter @fightingwords2 or send questions/comments via email at fightingwords1@gmail.com

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
oh the irony, cant wait to catch that "Mayweather vs. Guerrero". Just what every boxing fan has been asking for :stopitslime:

You cant compare the 2. floyd actually fought WW when he was ww champ and JMW at JMW. not 140s at 154.

Who else should floyd fight at ww?

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
@patscorpio that Trout arrest sounds like such horseshyt. He's black, it was in Texas, the charge is "suspicion" of public intoxication (gimme a break), they were at a restaurant and he was released 3 hours after being booked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/01/03/13/pacquiao-showing-early-signs-parkinsons-disease

Pacquiao showing early signs of Parkinson's disease?

A neurologist on Thursday said he has been observing early signs of Parkinson's disease from Filipino boxing icon Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao.

Dr. Rustico Jimenez, President of Private Hospitals Association of the Philippines, told radio dzMM that among the early signs of Parkinson's being exhibited by Pacquiao include stuttering and hand twitching.

Jimenez urged the Filipino champion to retire from boxing in order to avoid what happened to Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay) and award-winning trainer Freddie Roach who were both afflicted with the progressive disorder of the nervous system.

n a separate phone interview, Jimenez clarified that he could be wrong with his observations, but nevertheless told Pacquiao to be cautious.

He said while he has not met Pacquiao to personally check on his condition, his hand twitches during television interviews should be a cause for concern.

This is not the first time that a medical expert raised concerns over Pacquiao's health.

Dr. Raquel Fortun, a renowned forensics expert in the country, earlier said she is not convinced with the CT scan results clearing Manny Pacquiao following his knockout loss to Mexican foe Juan Manuel Marquez.

She said severe head trauma could lead to Alzheimer&#8217;s disease or a form of dementia that worsens over time.

She said several studies have been done on the effect of chronic trauma or repeated hits to the head among athletes, particularly boxers and football players.

Fortun said the knockout punch that hit Pacquiao was actually 2 hits: when Marquez's fist connected with Pacquiao's face and when the boxing champ fell face down on the canvass.

She said a severe blow to the head could damage the dura mater, which is a membrane that surrounds the brain. Once damaged, it could lead to a subdural hematoma.

The forensic expert expressed alarm over reports that Pacquiao allegedly had a slight seizure after falling unconscious from Marquez's hammer blow to the head.

Hope it aint true, but this is a Manny proporganda site so they have no reason to lie, prays for Manny, he needs to retire regardless.........fukk Arum for forcing Manny to have war after war with little rest and recovery:snoop:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Mayweather Verbal Assault on De La Hoya - YouTube
The Trash Talk...​

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Oscar De La Hoya - YouTube
The Entire Fight...​

Oscar De La Hoya vs Floyd Mayweather Jr. / Highlights
Highlights of the fight​

:wow: and :wtf: at the same damn time...I didn't see this as close at all, 116-112 Mayweather is as close as it got. Oscar's jab was doing ok until that right hand began raining in. This was the last Boxing PPV I actually bought...me and my cuz watched this, good times :obama:
the punch stats say it all. Mayweather literally doubled DLH in % & also threw so many less punches than DLH. To have it 115-113 for DLH was absurd. Should've been unanimous without question.