Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
"I have no doubt that right now Canelo knock out Floyd Mayweather in a rematch. The Canelo who fought with the English fighter Liam Smith, would have knocked Mayweather out at 154 pounds - I have no doubt about that," Valcarcel said to BoxingScene.com/Notifight.com.

"Every day that passes, Canelo becomes a better fighter. He has better use of his jab, throws combinations better, has a better chin, he is handsome, intelligent in the ring and most important he has the heart of Mexico.
He is the fighter that everyone wants to [face]."

:dame:

JDee323

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LA
I got a question that i asked in the chat...

We all know the hw division has come back to life within the past year, there are now legit names at the top.
Wlad has been considered a future hof'er for a while now since before these new contenders and champs rose to the top. It was mainly due to the fact that Wlad went on a long title run and dominated all the top challengers that were available. They mostly weren't anywhere near Wlad's skill level, or were considered real threats to beat him.
It's not his fault, but the hw division wasn't shyt for a long time. Now that it's better than its been in years, Wlad already took another L and appears to be avoiding 2 other top names.
If he finishes his career without fighting the other top names(which are 50/50 fights imo), or loses to them, can we still consider him a future hof'er now that he has a chance to enhance his resume?

I'm leaning towards yes, but I'm not 100% sure now that he's looking funny in the light.:patrice:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

We all know the hw division has come back to life within the past year, there are now legit names at the top.
Wlad has been considered a future hof'er for a while now since before these new contenders and champs rose to the top. It was mainly due to the fact that Wlad went on a long title run and dominated all the top challengers that were available. They mostly weren't anywhere near Wlad's skill level, or were considered real threats to beat him.
It's not his fault, but the hw division wasn't shyt for a long time. Now that it's better than its been in years, Wlad already took another L and appears to be avoiding 2 other top names.
If he finishes his career without fighting the other top names(which are 50/50 fights imo), or loses to them, can we still consider him a future hof'er now that he has a chance to enhance his resume?

I'm leaning towards yes, but I'm not 100% sure now that he's looking funny in the light.:patrice:

He's easily a HOFer. He dominated a division for 10 years and beat all the best HWs during his run.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Wlad is a hall of famer...its hard to find a reason to not put a cat who nearly unified all the heavyweight titles and held them for almost 10 years in there..he clearly dominated his division more than any fighter..i mean the hall of fame has cats like Arturo Gatti in there and there is more of an argument on why he shouldn't be in there.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
14680600_347646768914019_5864048646938252686_n.jpg
Looking like a Jr. Welter :sas2:

JDee323

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LA
He's easily a HOFer. He dominated a division for 10 years and beat all the best HWs during his run.

Wlad is a hall of famer...its hard to find a reason to not put a cat who nearly unified all the heavyweight titles and held them for almost 10 years in there..he clearly dominated his division more than any fighter..i mean the hall of fame has cats like Arturo Gatti in there and there is more of an argument on why he shouldn't be in there.

Longevity is the reason why I'm leaning towards yes, but these past couple of days with all the bs going on right now in boxing, and for him of all people to start contributing to it when he's never had that problem in the past. shyt really pissed me off

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Question that i asked in the chat...

If you were asking that for the Dan chat he will absolutely say yes. He loves the Klitscko's and has both of them in his top 20 HW's of all-time.

Seeing what he has done i woild assume he is an easy HOF...I just dont care for the HW division much, so i never followed him at all, but the visual resume test passes. I wouldnt be suprised that he was being overly cautious like you said. He was always seemed very cautious because he is a bit chinny and now his athleticism is slipping. He had his run, but i dont think he is the best anymore.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He must get his coke straight from El Chapo....KOing Mayweather? :dahell:

And :mjlol: at using "he's handsome" as part of the reasons he thinks Canelo is a better fighter now:dead:

I thought the sanctioning bodies prez supposed to be impartial?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
@patscorpio

A deal has been reached for Jermall Charlo to defend his IBF junior middleweight title against mandatory challenger Julian Williams on Dec. 10 at USC’s Galen Center in Los Angeles on Showtime, multiple sources told RingTV.com on Thursday

Charlo-Williams, Cuéllar-Mares on Dec. 10 in LA - The Ring

So, yeah...being that I fukk with J Rock, I'ma be there for my birthday weekend if AB ain't fighting on the 17th in Vegas.

JDee323

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LA
If you were asking that for the Dan chat he will absolutely say yes. He loves the Klitscko's and has both of them in his top 20 HW's of all-time.

Seeing what he has done i woild assume he is an easy HOF...I just dont care for the HW division much, so i never followed him at all, but the visual resume test passes. I wouldnt be suprised that he was being overly cautious like you said. He was always seemed very cautious because he is a bit chinny and now his athleticism is slipping. He had his run, but i dont think he is the best anymore.

I could imagine fat Dan's reaction like this
:russ: