Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Wtf is about this with Wlad trying to get the fight made for the WBA title? King Kong Ortiz holds the interim title and since Fury was stripped, he should bow be promoted to full champion.

exactly..i dont know what wlad is trying to pull besides Femi has a belt...that in no way should be thee reason to hold up a fight..if he wants the belt so bad he should make a fight with Ortiz then...and why in the hell hasn't he been promoted to full WBA HW champ yet..thats how interim belts are suppose to work

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

Prime Terry Norris vs Prime Floyd Mayweather would be :banderas:

Terry Norris: A Few in My Era Would Beat Mayweather - Including Me! - Boxing News

In the opinion of Norris, if fighters like Mayweather and some of the other top welterweights would have competed in his era - they would have never captured world titles. He has several fighters in mind, during his time period, who would have beaten Mayweather (49-0, 26KOs). Mayweather, who captured world titles in five weight divisions, retired from the sport last September.

"You know I really don’t think too much of those guys. If they were back in my era they wouldn’t be champions. Boxing has gotten soft. If you put Floyd Mayweather in my era, I know a number of guys that were in my weight division that would beat him, including me! I don’t think that much of boxing today," Norris told On The Ropes Boxing Radio.

How would Norris beat Mayweather? He explains the necessary game plan to get the job done.

"The key to beating Floyd is somebody that’s going to go in there and mix it up with Floyd. Not box him, but go at him, bang Floyd, push Floyd around, and hit him with uppercuts and hit him with things that he’s just not expecting to be hit with. You need somebody strong, somebody bold, and somebody that’s real aggressive and just throws a lot of punches, and goes in there in the best shape of their life and ready to go," Norris said.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Terry Norris: A Few in My Era Would Beat Mayweather - Including Me! - Boxing News

In the opinion of Norris, if fighters like Mayweather and some of the other top welterweights would have competed in his era - they would have never captured world titles. He has several fighters in mind, during his time period, who would have beaten Mayweather (49-0, 26KOs). Mayweather, who captured world titles in five weight divisions, retired from the sport last September.

"You know I really don’t think too much of those guys. If they were back in my era they wouldn’t be champions. Boxing has gotten soft. If you put Floyd Mayweather in my era, I know a number of guys that were in my weight division that would beat him, including me! I don’t think that much of boxing today," Norris told On The Ropes Boxing Radio.

How would Norris beat Mayweather? He explains the necessary game plan to get the job done.

"The key to beating Floyd is somebody that’s going to go in there and mix it up with Floyd. Not box him, but go at him, bang Floyd, push Floyd around, and hit him with uppercuts and hit him with things that he’s just not expecting to be hit with. You need somebody strong, somebody bold, and somebody that’s real aggressive and just throws a lot of punches, and goes in there in the best shape of their life and ready to go," Norris said.

He is literally saying all the shyt Floyd opponents say b4 they fight him and then they realize you can't do that stuff because he doesn't let you and will make you pay. With all due respect Floyd would be a problem in any era might not have that zero but def easy work some og these "greats". :mjpls:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
He is literally saying all the shyt Floyd opponents say b4 they fight him and then they realize you can't do that stuff because he doesn't let you and will make you pay. With all due respect Floyd would be a problem in any era might not have that zero but def easy work some og these "greats". :mjpls:

True. But Norris is one of the few fighters that size & stylistically wise is a bad matchup against Floyd. He's one of the few that could have success doing that because of his physical gifts.