Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Yea but he didn't fight the best competition breh.

Funny thing is an in shape Fury beats Klitschko 9 times out of 10, it'd just be a replay of their first fight over and over.

Yes he did.

Who did Klitschko miss over the last 16 years at HW? He fought:

Monte Barrett, Frans Botha, Ray Mercer, Jameel McCline, Corrie Sanders, Lamont Brewster 2x, Samuel Peters 2x, Chris Byrd, Calvin Brock, Ray Austin, Sultan Ibragimov, Tony Thompson 2x, Hasim Rahman, Ruslan Chagaev, Eddie Chambers, David Haye, Mariusz Wach, Alexander Povetkin, Kubrat Pulev, Bryant Jennings, Tyson Fury.....and he's about to face Anthony Joshua.

His HW resume looks list a combination of all the active HWs from Fight Night 1-4:wow:

He didn't fight Arreola, Stiverne, Ortiz, and Wilder...none of them I would call bad misses, except I did want to see him vs Wilder & Ortiz and it's still something that can happen.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Which is exactly why Swift is fighting a Chipotle dishwasher... Might as well do something instead of sit on the couch for 14+ months

You say yourself Keith could ask for more money N delay the fight like he did with Porter...all the more reason to get that tune up in

Were you ok with Ward fighting Brand?? Can't be cool with one tune up N not the other...the talent Gap between Ward v Brand is greater then the talent gap between Swift v Vargas

N the March date has been put out there by PBC themselves its not your usual rumor its confirmation from PBC which never happens

When Ward vs Brand happened Ward was only inactive 5 months long, he didn't behold any belt but most importantly he beat a legit contender before tge fight in Barrera.

Now after the fight some people started to trash Barrera like he was never a decent opponent but the tunes were different before the fight.

Garcia is inactive for 10 months (not because of promorional dispute like Ward was) he is the WBC champion and his last two opponents were both shot, walking corpses.

Important differences

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
When Ward vs Brand happened Ward was only inactive 5 months long, he didn't behold any belt but most importantly he beat a legit contender before tge fight in Barrera.

Now after the fight some people started to trash Barrera like he was never a decent opponent but the tunes were different before the fight.

Garcia is inactive for 10 months (not because of promorional dispute like Ward was) he is the WBC champion and his last two opponents were both shot, walking corpses.

Important differences

So we jus going pretend the Berto fight wasn't posed to happen in the summer, it kept getting pushed back N finally dropped

We jus going pretend PBC wasnt offering 100k or less for an opp...got turned down by multiple fighters...with a fight date coming in a month

There are reasons for that inactivity...it wasnt DSG saying ima vacation N sit:comeon:

P4P, super six winner, olympian > Paper champ....Fighting Barrera doesn't give you a pass to fight Brand :dead:

We all gave Ward a pass with Brand Cuz he didn't want to sit on his ass...HBO was offering little for an opp, fight date was coming up N we knew Kovalev was next

Swift didn't want to sit on his ass, PBC was offering little for an opp, fight date was coming quick N we now know Thurman is next

Same exact scenario :beli:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
i didnt give ward no damn pass for fighting brand, i ripped that fight rightfully for being aired on HBO..a channel i pay for..should have been on HBO latino instead

Thats cool if you shytted on Brand shyt on Vargas :manny:

Ain't nobody happy with Vargas :mjlol:

But Don't tell me Brand was ok but Vargas wasn't tho :stopitslime:

Don't tell me "Swift is not good, :pacspit:Vargas"

But the undefeated P4P Olympian fighting Brand was "I get it, I understand :ehh:"

Cuz of Sullivan fukking Barrera :russ:

shyt Paulie on a 3 fight W streak since Swift... jus beat Bracero

Bracero > Mario Kart (Barreras best W) :Lol88:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
So we jus going pretend the Berto fight wasn't posed to happen in the summer, it kept getting pushed back N finally dropped

We jus going pretend PBC wasnt offering 100k or less for an opp...got turned down by multiple fighters...with a fight date coming in a month

There are reasons for that inactivity...it wasnt DSG saying ima vacation N sit:comeon:

P4P, super six winner, olympian > Paper champ....Fighting Barrera doesn't give you a pass to fight Brand :dead:

We all gave Ward a pass with Brand Cuz he didn't want to sit on his ass...HBO was offering little for an opp, fight date was coming up N we knew Kovalev was next

Swift didn't want to sit on his ass, PBC was offering little for an opp, fight date was coming quick N we now know Thurman is next

Ehh a little different. Danny was hoping that Floyd was going to return. I have no problem with him fighting a jobber in November, but it's like god damn they picked the most jobberish of jobbers.

Glad to see #ConsistencyCops out here though choc

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

Thats cool if you shytted on Brand shyt on Vargas :manny:

Ain't nobody happy with Vargas :mjlol:

But Don't tell me Brand was ok but Vargas wasn't tho :stopitslime:

Don't tell me "Swift is not good, :pacspit:Vargas"

But the undefeated P4P Olympian fighting Brand was "I get it, I understand :ehh:"

Cuz of Sullivan fukking Barrera :russ:

shyt Paulie on a 3 fight W streak since Swift... jus beat Bracero

Bracero > Mario Kart (Barreras best W) :Lol88:

:forreal:

Ward was negotiating to face Vyacheslav Shabranskyy (they couldnt get to terms), Nathan Cleverly (who wanted to much $$$), and Erik Skoglund (who backed out at the last minute, bc he didn't want to take a VADA test)....that's how they arrived to Brand.

Swift was negotiating to face Andre Berto (they couldn't get to terms), and then 2 other laughable opponents in Kermit Cintron & David Peralta....but ended up with Samuel Vargas.

It's not the same at all.

Danny Garcia wasn't trying to face anyone outside of Berto. ANY of his other 3 options were garbage matchups...you cant say the same for Ward.

Nathan Cleverly is WBA Light Heavyweight Champion....#9 RING ranked.
Vyacheslav Shabranskyy is undefeated...#7 RING ranked.
Erik Skoglund is undefeated...#3 IBF, #5 WBO, #9 WBC, and #15 WBA.

After Berto, Swift just picked the 3 juiciest cherries left on the tree and picked who ever would take the least amount:wow:

Last edited:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:forreal:

Ward was negotiating to face Vyacheslav Shabranskyy (they couldnt get to terms), Nathan Cleverly (who wanted to much $$$), and Erik Skoglund (who backed out at the last minute, bc he didn't want to take a VADA test)....that's how they arrived to Brand.

Swift was negotiating to face Andre Berto (they couldn't get to terms), and then 2 other laughable opponents in Kermit Cintron & David Peralta....but ended up with Samuel Vargas.

It's not the same at all.

Danny Garcia wasn't trying to face anyone outside of Berto. ANY of his other 3 options were garbage matchups...you cant say the same for Ward.

Nathan Cleverly is WBA Light Heavyweight Champion....#9 RING ranked.
Vyacheslav Shabranskyy is undefeated...#7 RING ranked.
Erik Skoglund is undefeated...#3 IBF, #5 WBO, #9 WBC, and #15 WBA.

After Berto, Swift just picked the 3 juiciest cherries left on the tree and picked who ever would take the least amount:wow:

You nit picking like a muhfukker right now breh :snoop:

You also conveniently left out negotiating with Molina who is on the same level as them Euro Cacs you jus mentioned N most certainly has more notable Ws on his resume

Cleverly wasn't no champ or ranked at that time he was Guerrero status...1-2 his last 3 fights N jus lost to Fonfara :stopitslime: