Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Not sure what's the message is

Sure I get that he made it eve though he was a mediocre student but nobody said on first place that you have to be a good student to be a successful entertainer and/or sportman. These two categories never needed university graduations.

If this was supposed t be a message to the society then it's dangerous to encourage people to stop studying cause just because he and a small as fukk percentage of the world can make it big from entertainment and sports the vast majority who tries to live from these are starving and often have to take other jobs in order to not starve. The worst is when sport kids start out as big talents, they neglect studying then the majority of them still don't make it big from different reasons mostly cause the people in position tell them that they aren't that talented at the end of the day and then they have to start over their neglected studies or choose a profession to learn if they don't want to take the worst jobs possible for peanuts... And they have to start this rebuilding when they are probably already in their late teens or early 20's.

Mayweather is rather an exception than the rule.
Just because his employees have master degrees and Floyd hasn't the fact that people with university degrees usually have higher salary and better jobs than people without university degrees is still stand.
Among people with university degrees the number of unemployed people is significantly less than among people who has high school degree as their highest level.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I criticize hI'm yes. I don't hate on him. Ask smokeweed I been saying GGG is right for taking HBO money since they wanted to pay him a mil to fight cans. I criticize Danny Garcia plenty times. I criticize Broner and Ward plenty times. It's just that it's the same group of ppl that used to stan Hatton, Pacman that now stan Golovkin. Always in their feelings
#ConsistencyCops

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I don't disagree with you. But we all know the fight he really wants. That's why he's being an ass with the Danny J negotiations.

No. he's ducking the fight. Plain and simple. Just say hey man I want Canelo or I want next year. Stop toying around and misleading everybody.

Not sure what's the message is

Sure I get that he made it eve though he was a mediocre student but nobody said on first place that you have to be a good student to be a successful entertainer and/or sportman. These two categories never needed university graduations.

If this was supposed t be a message to the society then it's dangerous to encourage people to stop studying cause just because he and a small as fukk percentage of the world can make it big from entertainment and sports the vast majority who tries to live from these are starving and often have to take other jobs in order to not starve. The worst is when sport kids start out as big talents, they neglect studying then the majority of them still don't make it big from different reasons mostly cause the people in position tell them that they aren't that talented at the end of the day and then they have to start over their neglected studies or choose a profession to learn if they don't want to take the worst jobs possible for peanuts... And they have to start this rebuilding when they are probably already in their late teens or early 20's.

Mayweather is rather an exception than the rule.
Just because his employees have master degrees and Floyd hasn't the fact that people with university degrees usually have higher salary and better jobs than people without university degrees is still stand.
Among people with university degrees the number of unemployed people is significantly less than among people who has high school degree as their highest level.

Floyd did not even type that statement brehbreh

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Broner More Likely For December in Brooklyn Than GGG V Jacobs
By Michael Woods Oct 7, 2016 No Comments

Fight fans have been eagerly anticipating as a holiday heart warmer a December tussle between middleweight aces Gennady Golovkin and Danny Jacobs.

The best fighting the best, the Kazahkstani assassinator versus the Brooklyn kid with the magnificent back story and mouth watering fast twitch muscles, possible possessor of the sort of explosivity to give the unbeaten GGG fits, if not a loss.

So, Andre Rozier, trainer to Jacobs, you think we will get Jacobs, who whipped cancer and wants a crack at the middleweight top dog, Dec 10 in NY?

“I doubt it,” said the Brooklyn tutor, who also works with Gary Stark Sr teaching a handful of Eastern Euro contenders on the cusp.

He heard maybe Adrien Broner headlines Barclays Center Dec 10 and maybe Ivgen Khytrov, one of those hammer fisted boys fights underneath.

Too many moving parts, too complex a plan to activate that quickly, Rozier told me, of the Jacobs v GGG proposed clash. “It’s like a wedding, you got the bride and groom deciding on the guest list and celebration for 500 people and the wedding date isn’t set. It will happen, this is a legacy fight for both men.” Let us let the stew get to a boil and then simmer a spell, he reasons.

But he thinks we need more time to get it right, iron out money and venue and tv platform. Rozier understands there maybe will be chatter about this one or that one wanting “too much” money. He’s taking the optimistic but realistic stance that money will sort itself out, and that mouth watering match will take place. Just not in December.

Tom Loeffler negotiates as the GGG promoter. On Friday AM, I asked him for an update on where the fight stands.

“Still in discussions, nothing new to report,” he said.

Broner coach Mike Stafford was asked about AB headlining in BK Dec 10. “We may,” he told me.
If and who he fights could be contingent upon Ricky Burns holding on to his 140 strap in Scotland against Kiryl Relikh later tonight.

So the boxing world turns. Follow those turns and twists on TALKBOX!

#AboutBillions

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
By Michael Woods Oct 7, 2016 No Comments

Fight fans have been eagerly anticipating as a holiday heart warmer a December tussle between middleweight aces Gennady Golovkin and Danny Jacobs.

The best fighting the best, the Kazahkstani assassinator versus the Brooklyn kid with the magnificent back story and mouth watering fast twitch muscles, possible possessor of the sort of explosivity to give the unbeaten GGG fits, if not a loss.

So, Andre Rozier, trainer to Jacobs, you think we will get Jacobs, who whipped cancer and wants a crack at the middleweight top dog, Dec 10 in NY?

“I doubt it,” said the Brooklyn tutor, who also works with Gary Stark Sr teaching a handful of Eastern Euro contenders on the cusp.

He heard maybe Adrien Broner headlines Barclays Center Dec 10 and maybe Ivgen Khytrov, one of those hammer fisted boys fights underneath.

Too many moving parts, too complex a plan to activate that quickly, Rozier told me, of the Jacobs v GGG proposed clash. “It’s like a wedding, you got the bride and groom deciding on the guest list and celebration for 500 people and the wedding date isn’t set. It will happen, this is a legacy fight for both men.” Let us let the stew get to a boil and then simmer a spell, he reasons.

But he thinks we need more time to get it right, iron out money and venue and tv platform. Rozier understands there maybe will be chatter about this one or that one wanting “too much” money. He’s taking the optimistic but realistic stance that money will sort itself out, and that mouth watering match will take place. Just not in December.

Tom Loeffler negotiates as the GGG promoter. On Friday AM, I asked him for an update on where the fight stands.

“Still in discussions, nothing new to report,” he said.

Broner coach Mike Stafford was asked about AB headlining in BK Dec 10. “We may,” he told me.
If and who he fights could be contingent upon Ricky Burns holding on to his 140 strap in Scotland against Kiryl Relikh later tonight.

So the boxing world turns. Follow those turns and twists on TALKBOX!

#AboutBillions
:francis:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
@SuikodenII

Povetkin-Stiverne: Ryabinsky Wins Purse Bid - $3.16 Million

By Igor Lazorin, tass

Andrey Ryabinsky has outbid Don King to secure the promotional rights to the mandatory WBC eliminator between Alexander Povetkin and Bermane Stiverne.

The World Boxing Council held the purse bid earlier today in in New York City. Both Ryabinksy and King - among other promoters - took part in the bidding procedure.

Ryabinsky - who promotes Povetkin - stamped down a bid of $3.16 million to secure the rights. While Ryabinsky was looking to stage the fight in the United States, he intends to place the contest in Russia.

povetkin-stiverne_6.jpg

King had suggested paying homage to Muhammad Ali by staging Povetkin vs. Stiverne in The Democratic Republic of Congo, Russia or the Philippines.

The Congo (formerly Zaire) hosted the "Rumble in the Jungle" in 1974 between Ali and George Foreman, while the Philippines hosted the legendary "Thrilla in Manila" in 1975 between Ali and Joe Frazier.

"This sparked the idea to do something fantastic by memorializing 'The Greatest of All Time' Muhammad Ali, to the benefit of the people," King said of the possibility of taking Stiverne-Povetkin to one of those two countries.

The World Boxing Council ordered Povetkin and Stiverne to face each other to establish a mandatory challenger to WBC heavyweight king Deontay Wilder, who is recovering from injuries that were suffered in his last fight. Wilder suffered a broken hand and a torn biceps muscle in his July knockout of Chris Arreola.

The WBC had given both sides until September 16. They were unable to reach a deal and requested an extension, which the WBC granted. The additional time came and went, with WBC finally losing their patience and ordering the bid.

Wilder had been due to take on Povetkin in Russia in May before the challenger failed a drug test by testing positive for newly banned substance meldonium and the fight was cancelled. After a long investigation by the WBC, the sanctioning body ordered Povetkin-Stiverne.