Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
@GREENandYELLOW @The Infamous

What'd the Jacob's advisor say about this on sherdog? I thought everything was settled?

Still wouldn't worry about the fight but I will tell you if it becomes in jeopardy. There is a concern about what the holdup is on signatures as it's been a while hence the motion to raise the purse considering Danny has negotiated in good faith. Thought this would have done over a week ago.

As I mentioned before, there's an issue on his management's end but we don't know the extent of it. I'll also say I don't blame Gennady for this.

There is no current backup opponent for the 10th. A list of approved hasn't even been asked for. He's training for GGG only.

I just want this to get done and over with. It's rare you literally agree to terms and can't get paperwork back.

Honestly, I want as many people talking about this fight as possible. Even if it's shytting on Danny which will be the general public. Need the viewers

Fight will happen though. Danny wants it too bad which is why we've stayed cool despite delays

I wouldn't listen to anything in the media honestly.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
@GREENandYELLOW @The Infamous

What'd the Jacob's advisor say about this on sherdog? I thought everything was settled?
Read my mind. Read about it earlier and didn't have a chance to post.

He basically said:

- Jacobs side is 100% agreed and they are in camp right now training for GGG and don't want any other fighter.
- He has 100% confidence that GGG has agreed and is ready to fight.
- Still believes patience is needed and the fight will get done.
- Not sure the specifics, but knows GGG's management is the reasons for the hold up. Believes it is because they owe GGG money and they are trying to negotiate the budget towards the purse to be higher to pay GGG what they owe.

Also added:
- Jacobs will never take a fight below 160. In fact, he doesn't like Jacobs taking fights at 160 and can't wait for him to move up.

Interesting how this directly contradicts what @Newzz posted. Is Jacobs really the one trying to up the purse and don't want you to believe the media because it makes them look bad?

I dont know which side is the hold up. :yeshrug:

Just make the fight! :damn:

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
November is :wow:

It's a shame Showtime and parties involved couldn't pick a date to get this on TV tho, even if it was aired early in the states way b4 PAC Vargas since it's in Germany.
:francis:

I won't complain cause I don't want him to sit anymore but they need a good alternative telecast because people need to see this ass whippin
i guess it will be stream time unless a channel like wealthTV picks it up

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Read my mind. Read about it earlier and didn't have a chance to post.

He basically said:

- Jacobs side is 100% agreed and they are in camp right now training for GGG and don't want any other fighter.
- He has 100% confidence that GGG has agreed and is ready to fight.
- Still believes patience is needed and the fight will get done.
- Not sure the specifics, but knows GGG's management is the reasons for the hold up. Believes it is because they owe GGG money and they are trying to negotiate the budget towards the purse to be higher to pay GGG what they owe.

Also added:
- Jacobs will never take a fight below 160. In fact, he doesn't like Jacobs taking fights at 160 and can't wait for him to move up.

Interesting how this directly contradicts what @Newzz posted. Is Jacobs really the one trying to up the purse and don't want you to believe the media because it makes them look bad?

I dont know which side is the hold up. :yeshrug:

Just make the fight! :damn:
Media is heavily biased, especially for GGG, I don't trust em...

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Luis Ortiz vs. Carlos Takam on November 12 in Monaco

By Elisinio Castillo

The return of Cuban heavyweight Luis Ortiz (25-0, 22 KO) is going to land in Monaco, as part of a big show on November 12th.

As part of the card, Jason Sosa will defend his WBA super featherweight title against Stephen Smith, and a WBO super middleweight eliminator where Arthur Abraham battles Martin Murray in a rematch.

Ortiz recently parted ways with promoter Golden Boy Promotions. Next month he faces the durable and dangerous Carlos Takam (33-2-1, 25 KO) in what might be the first of two fights before the end of 2016.

luis-ortiz-2_1.jpg

"We know that there are many expectations for the future of Luis' career, but we never doubted that there would be better things coming for him," said Ortiz's manager Jay Jimenez to George Ebro.

"We secured this fight in November and we're not losing faith on seeing him in the ring again in December. ''

The interim-heavyweight champion of the World Boxing Association (WBA), Ortiz was in the midst of negotiations to be measured Alexander Ustinov, but everything came crashing down when the Russian's team refused to use an outside agency for the doping tests.

If the Ustinov fight would have happened, then the winner would have advanced to face the winner of the rematch between Wladimir Klitschko and Tyson Fury - which is also canceled at this point.

According to Jimenez, there is a solid plan to bring Ortiz to a world title fight.

"With the possible departure of Tyson Fury, a lot of things can change and we are making sure that Luis is in the best possible position,'' said Jimenez. "We are still betting big on Luis and we believe he has everything to get the job done in his division."

Takam has been out of the ring since losing a close and very competitive decision to Joseph Parker back in May.

"This is a tremendous opponent for Luis, but also an opportunity to reaffirm his talent, '' said Jimenez. "He has never been afraid to face anyone or anything, and his career will not stop. Quite the contrary. ''

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Gary Russell Jr. pushes for higher purses
jhonny-gonzalez-vs-gary-russell-jr-photo-by-naoki-fukuda05.jpg

Photo by: Naoki Fukuda
Oct
by Mitch Abramson

Gary Russell Jr. provided a little context as to why he has only fought once in the last 18 months, saying he’s still waiting on the proper financial package to lure him back into the ring.

“We’re businessman, no matter what the situation is,” Russell told RingTV.com of why he hasn’t fought since April. “The objective is you want to have financial stability no matter what it is that your occupation is. So I think it’s the smart thing to do on our end,” he said of making sure he’s appropriately compensated.

The talented Russell, who holds a featherweight title, framed his career as nearing its end, with just three years left before he moves onto the next phase of his life, making the income he receives for any future fights that much more important. Russell declined to specify the types of financial numbers he’s looking for. But a source said he made in excess of $800,000 for his second-round knockout of Patrick Hyland on April 16.

“Before I compete again, there’s definitely a couple things that I need before I step back into the ring,” he said of receiving the right deal. “I have a great working relationship with (advisor) Al Haymon. He’s done everything that we’ve asked in my entire career. I’ve got another three years, maybe it depends on how these fights are spread apart. We’re looking at taking everyone who’s supposed to be someone and scratching them off the list.”

Russell (27-1, 16 knockouts) made it clear he’s happy with the way Haymon has handled his career, even if he hasn’t fought since April 16. His last fight before then was March 28 of 2015, a fourth-round stoppage of Jhonny Gonzalez. A number of high profile fighters under Haymon have also been plagued with inactivity and fought only once this year, such as Danny Garcia, Danny Jacobs, Keith Thurman and Shawn Porter, among others. No one has complained publicly and Russell was careful to make sure his comments weren’t construed as criticism of Haymon.

“Al Haymon has done a wonderful job so far with my entire career,” Russell said. “I’ve been blessed. We’ve had a smooth working relationship with Al for my entire career. There’s nothing that I haven’t asked him for that he didn’t fulfill and I’m looking forward to moving on this year.” Because of that relationship, Russell plans to stay with Haymon for the rest of his career, he said.

A Haymon spokesman explained Russell’s situation, defending his activity level and describing it as somewhat self-imposed and basically his decision to fight at his current pace. “If it were up to fans they would want to see their favorite boxers in the ring once a month. However, boxers fight at different paces and for different levels of compensation based on different factors such as age, health, championship status,” said Tim Smith, VP of Communications for Haymon Boxing. “Gary fought just once in 2015. So he knows the pace and compensation that he’s comfortable with at this stage of his career. He’s earned that privilege. It is a very physically and mentally demanding sport so boxers need to be certain that everything is on point before they step in the ring and risk their lives to entertain their fans.”

The WBC recently announced that Russell and interim titleholder Oscar Escandon have been ordered to face off.
The 28-year-old former U.S. Olympian spoke of returning to the ring before the end of the year. “We don’t have a date set as of yet,” he said, not specifically addressing that fight. “I plan on getting back into the ring in the next couple of months. There’s a couple of things that we were looking for specifically before competing anyway. It’s certain things that we’re asking for before we even compete again. It’s in the making. I’m in the gym every day.”

In the meantime, Russell has kept busy by sponsoring a team of 13 top amateurs called “Team Gary Russell” that he hopes to match with other teams supported by professional boxers such as Deontay Wilder, Porter, Thurman and Adrien Broner. Russell said he’s already reached out to them and there is strong interest in forming such a consortium of amateur teams. Russell hopes to one day manage or promote these fighters and is in the process of creating his own promotional company.

Gary Russell Jr. pushes for higher purses - The Ring

:mjlol: at @patscorpio's fighter being the biggest example of the "PBC strategy being a failure" that he tells he predicted in advance (:mjpls:), & the problems that every other PBC boxer gets blamed over like lack of activity, Champion just sitting on the belt, & demanding higher purses while facing weak opposition:mjlol:

You cant even make this up:heh:

:dead:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I'm a novice but doesn't Guillermo rigondeaux do this a lot?

You talk about some I could watch box all day.

:wow:
Rigo has probably employed that before but I only seen him versus Donaire and that was live. I don't really watch Rigo since he only fights bums

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps

@Newzz @mr.smokeweed

I'm done with this charade and GGG stan acting like he's a manager or some shyt. No. GGG team is playing hardball and not being honest with the negotiations. They don't want the fight. When you offer a fighter as a Mando a 80 20 type deal, you're bullshytting. Thats the biggest name in your resume. When you take 1 week to return paperwork or answer to requests, we all know u delayung, stalling, and playing hardball. Mind you, Haymon even said the fight can take place next year of they want.

I thought he said the fight was done and nobody wanted to talk to Dan and all that. Haymon knows wassup and Andre Ward was right. These guys pump fake and lie to the media. The major difference is this time we all know Danny want the fight. He said it and he pressed for it. Golovkin team is shady and dumb as hell. PBC is starving for a big fight. You think they gonna let K2 and HBO win that purse bid? Don't be shocked if Golovkin drops the belt. He knows it's hard for him to make 160 and Danny is a big 160. He has to defend the belt at the full 160 like he told Canelo. However nobody is reporting anything because either they don't know or HBO put the gag on the media. Also, it has nothing to do with his management. Zero. If that was the case, things could have been ironed out.

I know you dudes think I hate on GGG whenever I spit the real, but as a boxing fan you can't support and respect that flip flop bullshyt.

I hate when fights go to purse bids man. Boxing looking weak as fukk now. Why can't two fighters come to conclusion we need to make a deal as 2 men, 2 fighters willing to get past my opponent ?