Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Swift vs Hank Lundy or Karim Mayfield should happen then...at least that would be a grudge match, a cheaper opponent with a name within the Boxing community, & has a back story to sell viewers on:manny:

I thought the same... Its finally time to give Hard Hittah his shot......

BUT he lost his last 2 fights :scust:

Lundy ain't even a 140 fighter let alone

PBC gotta be offering pennies if Kermit Cintron, Sam Egg N Cheese turning down title fights :beli:

My list goes
Felix Diaz (ideal not likely)
Diego Chaves
Collazo
Dig up Josesito

Molina

Then whoever PBC likely to actually get :beli:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
swift vs kermit cintron as a possible fight :childplease:...its been a minute since i seen him on TV..the last time i did...he got a draw that I thought he lost..that was some time back though..gotdamn thats some level of desperation

Word on the Curb dropped that Cintron info

But then we get this...

Its a shyt show :francis:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
ANDRADE VS. CULCAY WILL TAKE PLACE NOV. 5 IN GERMANY

weigh-in-0010-demetrius-andrade.jpg

OCT
BY MITCH ABRAMSON

Former U.S. Olympian Demetrius Andrade and Jack Culcay have agreed to terms to fight on Nov. 5 in Potsdam, Germany for Culcay’s secondary junior middleweight title, though it won’t be on Showtime because the network doesn’t want to go up against Manny Pacquiao’s return on the same day, Andrade co-promoter Artie Pelullo told RingTV.com on Thursday.

The contracts are being finalized and Pelullo expects them to be signed in the next couple of days. “The fight is 100% a go,” Pelullo said in a phone interview. “The fight is 100% a go. The deal is done.”

Culcay’s promoter, Sauerland Event won a purse bid in August at the WBA’s Panama offices with an offer of $425,144 compared to Banner Promotions bid of $201,000. The minimum offer was $150,000 with 75 percent going to the titleholder and 25 percent to the opponent.

Showtime, which has strong interest in Andrade’s future on the network, will not broadcast the fight because it’s on the same day as Pacquiao’s return against Jessie Vargas, Pelullo said. “Showtime doesn’t want to do a fight on that day because it’s Pacquiao,” said Pelullo, who added the goal for the fight is to be shown on another U.S. network, which hasn’t been identified yet. “I know Sauerland wants to put it on some kind of American medium,” said Pelullo, president of Banner Promotions, who promotes Andrade with Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing. “I know it’s going to happen.”

Andrade (23-0, 16 knockouts) already handily beat Culcay (22-1, 11 KOs) in the amateurs in the quarterfinals of the 2007 World Championships. Pelullo hopes a second win against Culcay is a springboard for bigger fights to come for the talented Andrade. Pelullo hopes to see the 28-year-old southpaw back on Showtime in the first quarter of 2017.

“After the fight he comes back to the United States and it gives him a bigger position at 154 and 160,” Pelullo said. “He’s now a two-time junior middleweight world champion and he’ll bring something to the table when there’s a Canelo or Golovkin fight. And there will be fights like that. Or one of the Charlo brothers. It will be a meaningful fight for him because now he’s a champion again.”

@HeruDat...we back:ohlawd:

#ATeam

November is :wow:

It's a shame Showtime and parties involved couldn't pick a date to get this on TV tho, even if it was aired early in the states way b4 PAC Vargas since it's in Germany.
:francis:

I won't complain cause I don't want him to sit anymore but they need a good alternative telecast because people need to see this ass whippin

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
ANDRADE VS. CULCAY WILL TAKE PLACE NOV. 5 IN GERMANY

weigh-in-0010-demetrius-andrade.jpg

OCT
BY MITCH ABRAMSON

Former U.S. Olympian Demetrius Andrade and Jack Culcay have agreed to terms to fight on Nov. 5 in Potsdam, Germany for Culcay’s secondary junior middleweight title, though it won’t be on Showtime because the network doesn’t want to go up against Manny Pacquiao’s return on the same day, Andrade co-promoter Artie Pelullo told RingTV.com on Thursday.

The contracts are being finalized and Pelullo expects them to be signed in the next couple of days. “The fight is 100% a go,” Pelullo said in a phone interview. “The fight is 100% a go. The deal is done.”

Culcay’s promoter, Sauerland Event won a purse bid in August at the WBA’s Panama offices with an offer of $425,144 compared to Banner Promotions bid of $201,000. The minimum offer was $150,000 with 75 percent going to the titleholder and 25 percent to the opponent.

Showtime, which has strong interest in Andrade’s future on the network, will not broadcast the fight because it’s on the same day as Pacquiao’s return against Jessie Vargas, Pelullo said. “Showtime doesn’t want to do a fight on that day because it’s Pacquiao,” said Pelullo, who added the goal for the fight is to be shown on another U.S. network, which hasn’t been identified yet. “I know Sauerland wants to put it on some kind of American medium,” said Pelullo, president of Banner Promotions, who promotes Andrade with Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing. “I know it’s going to happen.”

Andrade (23-0, 16 knockouts) already handily beat Culcay (22-1, 11 KOs) in the amateurs in the quarterfinals of the 2007 World Championships. Pelullo hopes a second win against Culcay is a springboard for bigger fights to come for the talented Andrade. Pelullo hopes to see the 28-year-old southpaw back on Showtime in the first quarter of 2017.

“After the fight he comes back to the United States and it gives him a bigger position at 154 and 160,” Pelullo said. “He’s now a two-time junior middleweight world champion and he’ll bring something to the table when there’s a Canelo or Golovkin fight. And there will be fights like that. Or one of the Charlo brothers. It will be a meaningful fight for him because now he’s a champion again.”

@HeruDat...we back:ohlawd:

#ATeam

November is :ahh:

I really wish Sho and the parties involved could've picked a date to get this on tv or even get it aired early in the states since it's in Germany, guess it don't make sense tho or float on its own.

People need to see this ass whippin, we all do. What a week, finally get an announcement on Rock Charlo for December and this. 2017 should be lit at all weight classes with unifications.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
November is :wow:

It's a shame Showtime and parties involved couldn't pick a date to get this on TV tho, even if it was aired early in the states way b4 PAC Vargas since it's in Germany.
:francis:

I won't complain cause I don't want him to sit anymore but they need a good alternative telecast because people need to see this ass whippin

I don't want to have to, but I will probably be forced to stream it to see it. Hopefully he KOs him, so a chance of robbery is eliminated

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Sooooooooooooo....if Canelo vs Lemieux happens on PPV on Cinco De Mayo, are we gonna pan this matchup like we did GGG vs Lemieux on PPV or nah?:jbhmm:

I didn't pan it; I actually paid for the PPV hoping it would be an entertaining slugfest for however long it lasted.