Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You wanna say DLH won ok

Miss me with this lesson shyt :camby:

:merchant: had it 6-5-1

Lederman had it 6-6

HBO the biggest Oscar dikk riders of all time only gave DLH 6 rds

Lampley was :damn:....did DLH do enough :lupe:

It was a boxing lesson tho :mjlol:

Undefeated against Messicans :umad:

I7LSg2.gif

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm dead serious explain to me how tito is a better boxer.

Cotto'S resume>>>>>tito

Cotto legacy>>>>>tito

Cotto when he moved up in weight >>>>>>>tito

Tito was a special fighter at 147 but once he fought nikkas his own size he got exposed time and time again

Oscar......bodybag

B hop .....bodybag

Winky put his bodybag in a bodybag.

:russ:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
You wanna say DLH won ok

Miss me with this lesson shyt :camby:

:merchant: had it 6-5-1

Lederman had it 6-6

HBO the biggest Oscar dikk riders of all time only gave DLH 6 rds

Lampley was :damn:....did DLH do enough :lupe:

It was a boxing lesson tho :mjlol:

Undefeated against Messicans :umad:

I7LSg2.gif

They gave Juan the last 3 rounds bc ODLH didn't do anything at all....prior to the last 3 rounds, their cards wouldve read:

:merchant: 6-2-1 DLH

Lederman: 6-3 DLH

Anyone watching that fight could see that DLH clearly outboxed Juan the first 9 rounds and that DLH gave the fight away...Juan didn't beat him:yeshrug:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
The "Oscar was robbed" drumbeat has grown steadily louder as the years have passed, but in the moment, opinions were mixed and few felt much sympathy for De La Hoya after he spent the final three -- some would say the final four -- rounds dancing away from danger. HBO's Harold Lederman had De La Hoya ahead six rounds to three before giving Trinidad the 10th through 12th to end up with a 114-114 card. Collins, seated ringside, had it 115-114 for Trinidad. The majority of the press seemed to favor De La Hoya, but in nearly all cases, the margin was only a point or two.

To most, it seemed easier to find seven rounds to give Oscar than to find seven to give Tito. But you certainly don't need a "smoking gun" round to count to seven for Trinidad. You just need to give him a couple of the close early rounds in which not a whole lot was happening offensively. That's what Roth did, and then some, stretching the bounds of reason by giving Trinidad three of the first four rounds. Even more curious was Logist's round-by-round, which saw him somehow award De La Hoya the 12th; conspiracy theorists have since suggested it was a make-up round to make the scorecard look closer.

The CompuBox statistics (which are not a substitute for scoring the fight round by round, but do typically offer insight) heavily favored De La Hoya. Oscar landed 263 of 648 punches, while Trinidad went 166-of-462. It was a CompuBox blowout -- though that was based mostly on jabs, as De La Hoya's edge in power punches landed was only 124-120.

Oscar De La Hoya vs. Felix Trinidad revisited

I would love to know what 4 rounds, within the first 9 rounds, that anyone who believes Tito won gives him:patrice:

I'll concede the 10th thru 12 to him, which Oscar gave away stupidly, but I didn't see the fight as close as 5 rounds DLH to 4 rounds Tito after 9. In order to say Tito won, you have to have seen it that way at very MINIMUM...so Ima need them rounds brehs:jbhmm:

Last edited: