Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
UX3R7iS.png
Arum... :dead:

Thx

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Sorry coli boxing heads, but what kind of fukkin question is; Has loma improved since he fought Salido?!
Tag me... :mjpls:

The question is legit imo cause Salido was arguably his hardest opponent.

Is it only makes me wonder whether someone like Loma who was the most successful amateur ever with damn near 400 fights and knows the book A-Z can improve in anything significant in the pros other than the departments I talked about and everyone else takes it for granted that he is much better since?

He LOOKED better, yeah but Salido was his most awkward opponent who also weighted heavier than him that's not spmething to look over.
So idk...

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Tag me... :mjpls:

The question is legit imo cause Salido was arguably his hardest opponent.

Is it only makes me wonder whether someone like Loma who was the most successful amateur ever with damn near 400 fights and knows the book A-Z can improve in anything significant in the pros other than the departments I talked about and everyone else takes it for granted that he is much better since?

He LOOKED better, yeah but Salido was his most awkward opponent who also weighted heavier than him that's not spmething to look over.
So idk...

So, you don't know if the guy who fought Salido in his 2nd professional fight has improved...when he just went out and destroyed the guy who beat Salido (Martinez) & outclassed GRJ afterwards?

Too bad we couldn't get the rematch since Salido priced himself out of a rematch with Lomachenko.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
@Knicksman20 if he comes out like porter/Thurman with no ring rust then I could see what u talking bout. I just don't know if he can man.

any examples of a guy with ring rust beating an active in prime great fighter?

Not comparing him Sugar Ray Leonard comes to mind. Ike Quartey, vs Jose Luis Lopez. To me I have no doubt that Walters knew the fight was gonna happen this year, Arum probably had him sit after the first negotiations failed bit told him they'd work something out because of his this all of the sudden happened. I also have no doubt Walters has been in the gym since they first tried to make the fight.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that pbc and fox article intrigues me

if true no more spike..espn..and i wonder how many and what showtime cards would happen

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Not comparing him Sugar Ray Leonard comes to mind. Ike Quartey, vs Jose Luis Lopez. To me I have no doubt that Walters knew the fight was gonna happen this year, Arum probably had him sit after the first negotiations failed bit told him they'd work something out because of his this all of the sudden happened. I also have no doubt Walters has been in the gym since they first tried to make the fight.

srl said himself he saw haggler wasn't the same prime guy at that mugabi fight...they got him on camera n everything. okay example but not really the best....

now ill check out this ike fight.

I know he might have stayed in shape but ive been told sparring doesn't really help ring rust like that. hope he proves me wrong tho.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
@Knicksman20 if he comes out like porter/Thurman with no ring rust then I could see what u talking bout. I just don't know if he can man.

any examples of a guy with ring rust beating an active in prime great fighter?

Kostya Tszyu bombing Shramba Mitchell out early in the rematch.

Big Mitchell fan. Wouldn't call him a great fighter, but he was really good and the number 2 guy at the time.

fukked up thing is Mitchell performed better in the 1st fight with 1 leg. :snoop:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
srl said himself he saw haggler wasn't the same prime guy at that mugabi fight...they got him on camera n everything. okay example but not really the best....

I know he might have stayed in shape but ive been told sparring doesn't really help ring rust like that. hope he proves me wrong tho.

Great example & I remember that fight. I thought Mitchell had a chance to win too. Couldn't have gotten that more wrong :lolbron:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

305px-SI6615.jpg

:troll:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

Ike was very sharp still & set a record of most jabs landed in that fight at the time I believe. It was a great scrap. Ike was inactive due because of a couple of fights falling through I believe. One was Trinidad & the other was Sweet Pea. I think he was shelved for about a year & an half