Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
This post kinda :mjpls:

white man ice colder right? even though Tank still sells out...

I know it seems like that on the surface but America is still only 12.5% black. In order to cross over to the mainstream, you need white people.
Tank is definitely doing numbers. He did 13,249 at the MGM with Frank Martin but there's another level he can get to and unfortunately that requires white people. Floyd was always the man in the barbershops and in the hood but until he got in there with Oscar, did dancing with the stars, fought Hatton,did Wrestlemania and fought the Big Show, he just wasn't a Superstar.

That's the level Tank hasn't quite reached that Canelo has. There's a huge difference between Hollywood A listers like Harrison Ford who was in Star Wars and Indiana Jones attending your fight and Gillie The Kid, Micah Parsons, Jose Alvardo attending. It just has a different level of cachet. And it's not just whiteness either.....If Will Smith or Denzel showed up, it would have that same level of oh shyt, they're here?

I'll add, I wish Tank did more mainstream media. He needs to put himself out there a bit more in the same ways Floyd did when he was crossing over. He's one of the best athletes alive but he needs that extra push. It's not on PBC either. He's still a bit of a nukka to be honest. Like for his last fight, David Benavidez was on ESPN doing press but Tank didn't want to wake up and go on Sportscenter. Those are eyeballs that could push him to the next level.

Last edited:

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Screenshot-20240915-173046-Instagram.jpg

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I know it seems like that on the surface but America is still only 12.5% black. In order to cross over to the mainstream, you need white people.
Tank is definitely doing numbers. He did 13,249 at the MGM with Frank Martin but there's another level he can get to and unfortunately that requires white people. Floyd was always the man in the barbershops and in the hood but until he got in there with Oscar, did dancing with the stars, fought Hatton,did Wrestlemania and fought the Big Show, he just wasn't a Superstar.

That's the level Tank hasn't quite reached that Canelo has. There's a huge difference between Hollywood A listers like Harrison Ford who was in Star Wars and Indiana Jones attending your fight and Gillie The Kid, Micah Parsons, Jose Alvardo attending. It just has a different level of cachet. And it's not just whiteness either.....If Will Smith or Denzel showed up, it would have that same level of oh shyt, they're here?

I'll add, I wish Tank did more mainstream media. He needs to put himself out there a bit more in the same ways Floyd did when he was crossing over. He's one of the best athletes alive but he needs that extra push. It's not on PBC either. He's still a bit of a nukka to be honest. Like for his last fight, David Benavidez was on ESPN doing press but Tank didn't want to wake up and go on Sportscenter. Those are eyeballs that could push him to the next level.

The issue is Tank hasn't had a streak of 2+ fights a year with his stardom. If Tank can get at least 2 3 fight years at his current level then it's a wrap. Tank is everyones fav fighter even Canelo lol

Tank can surpass Canelo because it seems he has the Mexicans on his side too lol.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
The issue is Tank hasn't had a streak of 2+ fights a year with his stardom. If Tank can get at least 2 3 fight years at his current level then it's a wrap. Tank is everyones fav fighter even Canelo lol

Tank can surpass Canelo because it seems he has the Mexicans on his side too lol.

I definitely agree.

He truly has it. Everyone loves Tank. I really wished he could have gotten the Loma fight because that was the one.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I definitely agree.

He truly has it. Everyone loves Tank. I really wished he could have gotten the Loma fight because that was the one.

Loma ass aint want to end up a Meme. If Tank takes Ryo's belt in Dec, that can set up a Unification with Teo 2025. Tank could try to hit a lick with the WBO belt but TR probably giving Ukraine dude incentive to wait for Keyshawn

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
what happened to danny garcia is the end result of not moving right...i called out EVERY bad move he's made since the matthysse fight..you dont fight the right fights..you duck certain fighters....you keep your father as a trainer and you further retard your growth as a fighter....this is what happens...it only took him going up ONE division to be nothing but a job boy for real welterweight champs...you know its bad when mfrs look to wins over adrian granados and brandon rios as a plus nevermind he was soundly defeated by 3 of the 4 top welters in his era.... won his welterweight belt in a competitive 116-112 over a blown up welter who was nearly ko'd by a can in his previous fight and needed a gift to win that...that is not HOF caliber...now he had a chance to maybe wake up his career by going up to 154..the best division in boxing full of killers...he fought jose benavidez and couldn't stop or drop or hurt dude...it was a bad fight..instead of staying in the mix...dude decided he wanted an easier path to a title by trying to go after an older more battle scarred lara thinking he was going to score a lick..instead old ass non moving no legs having lara wore him out to the point where dude had a panic attack and took a knee from a glancing left hand that clearly didnt hurt him...shyt was pathetic...danny garcia is not a hall of a famer and frankly doesnt belong on TV or in the ring anymore..let him deal with his money and his mental illness in peace...he disgraced himself enough..i only wish crawford was the one who laid the serious beats on him instead
Agree with some of this. Some is a bit much.

Lara will rock the fukk out of you, his straights are gun barrels and rattle the fukk out of opponents that aren't ready for it.

Imo Garcia got a great chin (you gotta give him that at least) and hid the fact that he got his lights popped with those one two's that landed all night.

As you said, Garcia at 160 is a bad idea for the most part, the power is different, he's old and less hungry, this was all on display last night.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Imo Garcia got a great chin (you gotta give him that at least) and hid the fact that he got his lights popped with those one two's that landed all night.
I've said over and over garcia was a caveman with his chin and lara had a one hitter quitter with his left..but what danny got hit wasn't it...he quit

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
I've said over and over garcia was a caveman with his chin and lara had a one hitter quitter with his left..but what danny got hit wasn't it...he quit
Yeah id say he quit too. But id also say he got the snot beat out of him with that left, but the difference between him and say Lara's last opponent (Zerafa) was that Danny can get rocked with the left / one two from Lara and stay on his feet. That happened about a dozen times.

TDUBB

All Star
Daps
Yeah id say he quit too. But id also say he got the snot beat out of him with that left, but the difference between him and say Lara's last opponent (Zerafa) was that Danny can get rocked with the left / one two from Lara and stay on his feet. That happened about a dozen times.
Poor Danny saying it was “mental health issues” which is why he lost the fight. Welp at least he has a retirement check from Al to help him feel better. :francis: