Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

kbtwofour

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Donaire will fight Rigo in the spring of 2013.

Arum will put them together in the ring because he will be able to keep all the money in house and can potentially set up a rematch later in the year if he wants to.

If Arum makes Donaire vs. Rigo this will force Mares to fight his mandatory. Terrazas is his mandatory and will porbably be his next opponent. Terrazas is signed to Arum and Top Rank.

So Arum and Top Rank will be eating good off 3 potential fights instead of two.

Donaire vs. Rigo, Terrazas vs. Mares, and Doniare/Rigo vs. Mares.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
i hope not, just do a 4 way mini tourney and keep shyt moving. That super 6 became a disaster..people dropping out liike flies, fighters getting home play advantage then the delaying of fights due to injuries etc..

it should have been single elimination then round robin next round..regardless of the BS that tore it apart it brought attention to what was an underrated deep division and made them names somewhat in the boxing world...it took ward to the next level, ended jermain taylor's career, exposed abraham for being a limited boxer, etc etc..i still enjoyed every one of those super 6 fights and the behind the scenes stuff

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
it should have been single elimination then round robin next round..regardless of the BS that tore it apart it brought attention to what was an underrated deep division and made them names somewhat in the boxing world...it took ward to the next level, ended jermain taylor's career, exposed abraham for being a limited boxer, etc etc..i still enjoyed every one of those super 6 fights and the behind the scenes stuff

It did highlight the best of the crop and the toughest names to cement their path in that class. The idea and set up was great but the time scale pretty much tore the anticipation of some and future fights ahead of that division.

Now that Bute got brutally exposed, the best of the super 6 boys are looking to rematch each other next year..ward/froch, froch/kessler and hearing dirrell/abraham..

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Watching the Pac Marquez fight again makes me realize how underrated Marquez body work was during the fight. Pac was moving a whole lot and Marquez hitting the body with those strong hooks got Pac to slow down and Pac been gassing since round 3. I don't know if Pac had leg cramps or not in rd 6, but Pac was wobbly and he was never steady. HBO is horrible. They were straight up ignoring Marquez body shots until Roy Jones started giving him props. Pac was strugling to breathe. Now, I wanna see Marquez-May II

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
ortiz back at 140? Ortiz v Khan would be a rematch if you count the amateur days.

I always hear that Ortiz dropped his guard and let Khan tee off with a bunch of shots and they stopped it. :wtf:

If Victor doesn't have some sort of mental breakdown he should be able to beat Khan, but you never know with that fukk stick.

As far as another super 6, I think Showtime got it right with the Bantam weight tournament. Less fighters and it moved faster except for the end when Agbeko got hurt and the fight had to be postponed and then the fukkery with that dumb ass ref in the Finals.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
A important source has informed Fightnews.com about the possibility that former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. could have ended his training relationship with Hall of Fame trainer Freddie Roach. According to the source, Chavez Jr has apparently been talking with another Hall of Famer Nacho Beristain as well as Robert Garcia. Chavez Jr has also been using Twitter to challenge current world champion Sergio ‘Maravilla’ Martinez to a rematch.

:ehh:

Ned

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chavez won't be able to pull that shyt with Nacho. I'd bet on him going with Garcia. Added bonus of being in Oxnard.

Oroko Saki

The Shredder
Daps
Chavez would be much better off with damn near anybody but dead beat Roach

I dont respect Chavez Jr nor do i think he should be allowed to fight at middleweight again, but hes a decent fighter with a good chin. His power might just be a product of him being bigger then all these other middleweights but at the end of the day Id love to see Chavez Jr vs Martinez 2

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I always hear that Ortiz dropped his guard and let Khan tee off with a bunch of shots and they stopped it. :wtf:

If Victor doesn't have some sort of mental breakdown he should be able to beat Khan, but you never know with that fukk stick.

As far as another super 6, I think Showtime got it right with the Bantam weight tournament. Less fighters and it moved faster except for the end when Agbeko got hurt and the fight had to be postponed and then the fukkery with that dumb ass ref in the Finals.

Yep...but it was a point stoppage, something like if you go up by 20 they stop the fight

Computer scoring :ld: