Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Larry Merchant response to the LA TIMES about the "death of boxing"
CtEIsKZVIAE2sKZ.jpg

@((ReFleX)) @krackdagawd @Newzz @#SOG_soldier @reservoirdogs :whew:

52,000 mourners:wow:

Canelo runs the sport....nikka aint even from America and still filling an American venue up with 52k:ohlawd:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Figgy popped up on twitter for a while...

Said he fractured his hand first week of sparring for the Burns fight...his body was breaking down so this year off has been to heal up...wants to be back by early 2017

Oh N this too :smugfavre:

Figueroa gets his ass beat by AB....lol at him saying he has more important stuff to do than fighting AB:mjlol:

Like what.........eat?:dahell:

:russ:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I'm going to the Ward v Kovalev. When should I get tickets though? Don't want to buy prematurely and somebody has an injury in camp.

if the fight is off because of injury you do get your money refunded back breh lol..so that makes about 3 from here thats going to be in the house for it...thats whassup

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
from that same forum thread

"We will not talk to fat can at all. He's in the no fly zone.
We are going to give our interviews to Kellerman"

"I just finished texting with Gennady and he isn't going to to talk to fat can either. This is great "

"He can cry as much as he wants. He will not get a single interview or quote from Danny. Gennady said he'll do the same I'm actually going to send him this link.
His boy literally ruined all his potential interviews. I'm sure that will go over well with ESPN"

:mjlol::mjlol:
Dan can't talk to GGG? If his crush throws him in the bushes like that he will get a mental breakdown, depression and shyt... :scust:
Lol, I missed that one. Funny as shyt. Wonder what he did that really pissed Danny's team off? Or just a long term beef.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This shyt with Fury is the same thing I always say...your fat boxers gotta stay active or they get fukking fat

Klit shoulda took an immediate rematch...instead nikka wanted a break but didn't want Fury fighting nobody else... Now look at the fukkery this caused

Shoulda let Fury fight a mando then get his rematch... Things wouldve been much smoother

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
This shyt with Fury is the same thing I always say...your fat boxers gotta stay active or they get fukking fat

Klit shoulda took an immediate rematch...instead nikka wanted a break but didn't want Fury fighting nobody else... Now look at the fukkery this caused

Shoulda let Fury fight a mando then get his rematch... Things wouldve been much smoother
U blaming this on wlad:what:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
U blaming this on wlad:what:

Early on the fight getting pushed back was not Fury

Theres articles from March...Fury bytching Wlad N em keep dragging to set a date pushing the date back... Wlad Hoping Fury gets lazy N fat

Its Fury fault for being fat N unfit to fight... Wlad knew wtf he was doing tho N I ain't bout to be feeling sorry for him

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Early on the fight getting pushed back was not Fury

Theres articles from March...Fury bytching Wlad N em keep dragging to set a date pushing the date back... Wlad Hoping Fury gets lazy N fat

Its Fury fault for being fat N unfit to fight... Wlad knew wtf he was doing tho N I ain't bout to be feeling sorry for him
Fights get pushed back everyday b.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps
Yo @The Infamous if that breh posts on sherdog tell his ass to come post here lol

I think he's a mod there.

Here's another interesting thread, a Q & A. You guys could make an account and ask him anything. Or you could post your question here and I'll ask for you :
Q: How are you involved with the sport?

- Very involved. Set up camps, sparring, sit in on negotiations, ect...fukk I even wake my ass up (or stay awake for Saturday morning fighter meetings)

Q: How prevalent are PEDs in boxing? give an honest answer. No names needed.

- Very prevalent. Not as bad as 4 years ago but still it's ugly

Q: How much percent would you estimate are on PEDs?

- 35%. Complete guess though. I would have said closer to 55% 4 years ago

Q: What REALLY happen in the Canelo-GGG sparring sessions in Big Bear?

- Not much from what I understand. The truth is a lot less interesting then the media narrative. Think both guys were getting work but GGG got the better of Canelo seems to be the consensus.I wasn't there though so that is all second hand

Q: Does it piss you off when other fighters/promoters misrepresent stuff in the media about Jacobs?

- Nah. It is how it goes in boxing. Can't be concerned about bs as it is out there daily. Fights aren't made in the media
like I said before and there is a reason GGG never has landed a major fight.

Q: Corruption in boxing

- There's no question there is corruption. I think it is a combination of everything you mentioned. There is so much money invested in all of this that I would be naive to think judges have not taken numerous payoffs on fights. As far as having firsthand knowledge of it happening though, I don't. That would obviously be something that wouldn't be shared to anyone (not even the fighter). Certain judges are definitely shills for certain promoters. You know which judges you prefer all the time. Another thing though is judges are human so what style they prefer or if they dislike a certain guy because of his persona, how he carries himself in the ring, ect...plays a role too. Just look on here when some of the most knowledgeable posters score certain fights differently. Pac/Bradley 1 is a perfect example.

Q: Also who's the coolest fighter you've ever met and who's the biggest a$$hole?

- Winky, Toney or Tito. a$$hole is easily Tarver.

Q: Regarding Tarver

- Just his general attitude towards people. He's just a dikk. Treats workers at the venues like shyt is probably the thing that bothers me most. Those people work their ass off for short pay and most are huge fans who get excited to meet a fighter. Just want a picture,auto,handshake,ect...It makes their week. Doesn't take much time to do that and not act like an entitled prick.

Q: Fighters involvment in negotations

Depends on the fighter. Some like to be heavily involved in negotiations while others prefer not to deal with most of it. Danny and Deontay want to be on as many calls as possible. E (Errol Spence) stays almost completely out of it. Canelo definitely calls his shots.

Q: Any brawls in sparring between top fighters?

- Best I have seen was Danny and Omar Henry (RIP). Danny's brother started that and definitely finished it (got sent home from camp the following day). His brother remains one of my favorite people. Definitely the last person you want to fukk with but if you give him a working TV and video game system he is Golden.