Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
HBO boxing been struggling big time this year. Gonzalez def isn't the #1 p4p, he lost/drew with Caudras IMO

Sucks because the Choc fight was good too. As far as 97g and his numbers going down there is only so long you can put nikkas in squash matches till motherfukkers are :manny: about it. He's been at middle over 10 years and is in his mid 30s w over 200 amateur fights right :sas1:

Now team anti 97k we sit back as the numbers decrease because the casuals still won't bite on what hbo selling w ggg, he will begin to look less impressive due to making weight+ age and that's when.....

nah I see it going more like mosley-margarito. now I think little g is much more skilled than margarito. but the fight will have the same basic premise. the faster, sharper, much more skilled fighter coming in as the huge underdog. vs the unstoppable machine who's walking through everybody. once the fight starts, little g will go right at canelo's chest expecting him to run away. but to his surprise, canelo is gonna stand right in front of him....he's gonna make himself available to little g and dare him to attack. and when little g takes the bait and fires off a shot that hits nothing but air....canelo will respond with a straight right hand that rattles his head around.....little g will hear the crowd gasp and cheer in excitement....he's gonna brush it off and think to himself "yes streetfight. mexican style. tis good"....he will continue to pump himself up as he takes flush accurate counter shots to the face one after another. after canelo lands his first nasty body punch little g will think "what the fukk was that!?".....and the first round will close with the crowd on their feet and abel sanchez in a state of worry as little g's face already shows signs of serious damage. come the 3rd, 4th round, canelo will land something huge....something that will begin to shake little g's mindstate....a punch where he finally has to admit to himself that these shots are hurting like a muthafukker. this cycle will repeat over and over...as little g stalks canelo around, unable to land anything clean, and being bombarded with thundering blows to his face and body. the fight has now turned into target practice.

In the mid rounds, we will see something we've never seen from little g before. canelo will unleash a vicious combination that stops little g dead in his tracks. but this time little g will stop pushing forward....the thousands in attendance and millions watching at home will watch in disbelief as little g takes his first step backwards. his retreat will begin and he will start looking for a safe zone. and this is when canelo will go full blown :demonic:......and what will go down as the most powerful image of the boxing year.....it will be canelo who is now walking little g down and trapping him against the ropes. little g can no longer hear the chants from the crowd. he can no longer hear abel sanchez screaming at him to throw the jab. he can just hear silence as he comes to the realization that he was lied to. that he wasn't an unstoppable force like everybody told him. that "mexican style" isn't just about how many punches you throw, but also about the adversity you can overcome and keep pushing. no more gimmicks, no more hype....nothing can save him now. he's trapped and all he can see is a blurry picture of a red headed assassin releasing hell fire on his domepiece. he just wants it to end. suddenly the lights consume him and he slowly fades to black. he finds himself in a broken down boxing gym in Kazakhstan.....a 15 year old boy looking in the mirror with a 2nd chance at life. he puts the gloves down and walks home. little g never happened.

#CaneloCartel

So :demonic: friend.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Which Wlad fights did that bad? :ohhh:
His fight vs. Jennings did 1.6 million and remember it was primetime in NY. Fury did 1 million and Pulev was 600k.

Not quite apples to apples, but Kovalev's fight vs. Chilemba which aired on a Monday night did 350k and he is normally a 1 million type guy.

IMO, HBO loses on these non-US fights...at least when they decide to show a non prime time showing as the first viewing.

Maybe that is why no one is wanting to pick up Glazkov-Usyk in the US...or everyone is just broke right now.

:yeshrug:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
He needs to decide if it's 154, caneloweight or 160 though.

Although if I were Canelo I'd beat liam fight a 160lb'er in May then ggg in September. Get him before they say he's too old (even though they will nmw), and after a legit 160er. I too think Canelo TKO's ggg with a body shot. Triple G too slow for Canelo and will get countered repeatedly with the hook to the body. He just needs to make that decision.
If only Canelo was as confident as u :wow:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
nah I see it going more like mosley-margarito. now I think little g is much more skilled than margarito. but the fight will have the same basic premise. the faster, sharper, much more skilled fighter coming in as the huge underdog. vs the unstoppable machine who's walking through everybody. once the fight starts, little g will go right at canelo's chest expecting him to run away. but to his surprise, canelo is gonna stand right in front of him....he's gonna make himself available to little g and dare him to attack. and when little g takes the bait and fires off a shot that hits nothing but air....canelo will respond with a straight right hand that rattles his head around.....little g will hear the crowd gasp and cheer in excitement....he's gonna brush it off and think to himself "yes streetfight. mexican style. tis good"....he will continue to pump himself up as he takes flush accurate counter shots to the face one after another. after canelo lands his first nasty body punch little g will think "what the fukk was that!?".....and the first round will close with the crowd on their feet and abel sanchez in a state of worry as little g's face already shows signs of serious damage. come the 3rd, 4th round, canelo will land something huge....something that will begin to shake little g's mindstate....a punch where he finally has to admit to himself that these shots are hurting like a muthafukker. this cycle will repeat over and over...as little g stalks canelo around, unable to land anything clean, and being bombarded with thundering blows to his face and body. the fight has now turned into target practice.

In the mid rounds, we will see something we've never seen from little g before. canelo will unleash a vicious combination that stops little g dead in his tracks. but this time little g will stop pushing forward....the thousands in attendance and millions watching at home will watch in disbelief as little g takes his first step backwards. his retreat will begin and he will start looking for a safe zone. and this is when canelo will go full blown :demonic:......and what will go down as the most powerful image of the boxing year.....it will be canelo who is now walking little g down and trapping him against the ropes. little g can no longer hear the chants from the crowd. he can no longer hear abel sanchez screaming at him to throw the jab. he can just hear silence as he comes to the realization that he was lied to. that he wasn't an unstoppable force like everybody told him. that "mexican style" isn't just about how many punches you throw, but also about the adversity you can overcome and keep pushing. no more gimmicks, no more hype....nothing can save him now. he's trapped and all he can see is a blurry picture of a red headed assassin releasing hell fire on his domepiece. he just wants it to end. suddenly the lights consume him and he slowly fades to black. he finds himself in a broken down boxing gym in Kazakhstan.....a 15 year old boy looking in the mirror with a 2nd chance at life. he puts the gloves down and walks home. little g never happened.

#CaneloCartel
:laff: very creative..props but for it to be believable you gotta pick a fighter who had struggle stamina in their prime :pachaha:..

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Damn, that's not good.

I mean, the numbers themselves aren't bad, but for him to be drawing much bigger numbers against guys who had no business being in title fights to begin with...

People tuning out on one of their main attractions.
No day time fights do big numbers in the US.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
No day time fights do big numbers in the US.
im sure a ratinglike that for a day time fight is really going to make HBO think that they flopped :mjlol:...unless im mistaken i dont recall any pbc daytime cards getting ratings like that and they are on free tv

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
ANDRE BERTO SOUNDS OFF ON DANNY GARCIA FAILED FIGHT: "NOBODY OUTPRICED THEMSELVES...THAT WAS A bytch MOVE"
By Ben Thompson | September 14, 2016

andreberto3.jpg

BT: My man, you know I had to hit you after you put that meme out. Give me the scoop, man! The Garcia fight ain't happening?

AB: I just found out last night; a secret source hit me and kind of told me what was happening. I ain't even get no offer. Al knows that I've always been about my money and made sure I always made a lot of money because I always handle my business correctly. So if it wasn't right, he didn't even bring it to me because he already know what it is with me. So shortly after the conversation, I already see a post on Garcia vs. Molina. I wasn't going to say nothing about it, but then when I heard that they say, "Berto outpriced himself; the fight with Garcia is off," I'm like, hold on, man, I didn't even get no offer. Like, uh uh, don't do this. I just put the meme up like, boy, don't play with me! Don't play with me! If it was a situation where both of us couldn't get paid right, just say that, but don't say nobody outpriced themselves, nobody this, nobody that. Everybody know how you get down, you know what I mean. I ain't knocking your style of trying to fight less for the most money. Man, that's all good, but don't try to throw me in like I'm outpricing myself or I'm ducking you. Come on, man, I've been barking for that fight since after this last one. If it's some type of other capacity, say that, but don't throw my name out there on no other shyt, bro, don't do that.

BT: I know Danny has often said that he doesn't pick his opponents and that he just fights whoever Al wants him to fight. Do you think that's the case here? Was Danny simply told that he'll be fighting John Molina or...

AB: (Cutting in) I mean, if that's the case and that's what you doing, let it be known. Don't go and say some other bullshyt. Just tell them what's really going on, man, you know what I mean.

BT: Or do you think he was offered either you or Molina and he simply preferred Molina?

AB: I don't know. Like I said, I always had love and respect for Danny and his family, to be realistic, you know what I mean. I fukk with his pops, everybody, but I just think that was a bytch move. He just like his dad said in an old interview, man, it's all about fighting the fights for the most money with the less risk. Yeah, that's true sometimes when it comes to a point, but, you know, it also comes to a point of what are you in it for? Of course they here to get money, but fight the better opposition as well. You gonna get paid more fighting the better opposition at the end of the day. But it is what it is.

BT: You've been working with Al for a long time, so you know how fights like this get made. Are you surprised that, for whatever reason, you weren't able to get the fight with Danny?

AB: I'm not surprised because, like I said man, the good thing about Al is, you know, if he could put you in a position to make the most money for the least risk, you know, he's going to do that, which is great, you know what I'm saying, but this right here is a fight that, you know, you were at my last fight and you literally looked at me and you looking at everybody else like, "Yeah, I would love to have that fight next." You know, let's make it happen! My thing is I'm all about the business aspect. Everybody knows me from a long time ago; I've always been about my business. I've always made a shyt load of money because I've been about my business. And if that's the case, just say, "Listen, man, I wanted a good fight, but they wasn't trying to put up enough money for both of us to fight." Don't go and say, "Oh no, he outbidded himself and, you know, this and that and this and that." Come on, dude, don't do that! Don't do that, bro! I've been getting this Al Haymon money since I've been 22 years old, you know what I'm saying. I've been getting a million from 22, 23 and I ain't getting nothing less since, you know what I'm saying, so don't say nobody outbidded themselves, bro. Come on, now! Let's just make it do what it do. Just say, "Hey man, I would love to fight and let me just take this easier fight for the most money. They don't have to pay John Molina as much money and, you know, we gonna make it do what it do. That's it!"

BT: No disrespect to John, but I'm really surprised that he'd be the one to get the fight with Danny. I mean, I know he had a nice win against Provodnikov, but he also lost to Broner and Matthysse. I'm not exactly sure what a win over him does for Danny. I just don't see the point of that fight.

AB: That's crazy! It was just like so, like, so off the radar. But, like I said, a lot of these fights been off the radar lately, man. The Khan and Canelo, the GGG; they kind of just doing whatever they want to do, so, you know, it is what it is. But like I say, man, I ain't finna shyt on John Molina; like I said, that's my guy, but at the same time, listen man, give the people what they want to see, you know what I mean. It's going to be a certain point when you going to sit back and say, "Listen man, I'm at a certain status. I don't want to disrespect the WBC. I'm WBC world champion, you know what I mean. I don't want to fight this guy just because. I want to make sure that folks know I'm not playing. I'm that guy. I'm the WBC champion; I want to give these people fights they need to see. Of course they need to pay me, but these the fights I want." You know what I'm saying? But like I said, man, it's a different situation, different age now. It is what it is.

BT: You used the hashtag #DuckingSeason on a few of your posts. Do you think Danny is literally ducking you? Do you think maybe they saw something that made them think maybe you wouldn't be a good style matchup for him?

AB: I mean, he was up close and personal this last time. He was commentating, so he was up close and personal. So he knows that them punches are coming hard, they coming fast, they coming uppercuts, hooks, all types of different types of ways, and I'm in beast mode right now, you know what I'm saying. So he was able to see it up close and personal. It's a different type of feeling when you hear about it or you think somebody might be slipping or this and that, but really see it up close and see that this nikka is still an animal in so many different ways and he punching like a fukking mack truck, bro. It's a different type of situation, you know what I'm saying. And like I said, he was there my whole time for this last scrap and he just saw that my focus is different, my mentality is different, and, you know, it ain't going to slow down for nobody. Like I said, we just two completely different men athletes. When it comes to business, man, you know I'm all about my business, you know what I'm saying. Al already gave you; he gave you two gimmes them last two fights, so let's get some real shyt cracking, you know what I mean. But like I say, man, I'm not in his mind, I'm not in his head. They handle their business however they want to handle it. They don't want to worry about or care too much about legacy. I mean, they want to make sure they secure they bag, and that's, shyt, there ain't nothing wrong with that either, but when you coming out with it, man, make sure that everything is clear.

BT: Even before your rematch with Oritz, it seemed like all signs were pointing to this fight being next on the horizon. How does it affect your mindset moving forward now that you have to switch gears and start thinking about a different opponent?

AB: I mean, it's the fight game, man, so you just gotta refocus. While he's fighting John Molina, you know, whoever I'm fighting next, I just gotta continue just letting it be known that we one of the top and soon to be the best welterweight in the world, so I'm gonna make it evident that every move that anybody makes with me now is gonna be for a reason. If they don't wanna fight, we know why. You know what I'm saying! If they want to fight, hey, everybody gonna give them those kudos, but at the end of the day, man, listen, I'm on this road of destruction right now. Coming off this Floyd fight, coming off this Ortiz fight, you know, I'm a completely different fighter now just physically, mentally, health-wise. I'm just ready to wreck shyt and just continue moving; that's it. I can't knock a man for what kind of route he's taking, but I know what I'ma do. Everybody know what I'ma do though, you know what I'm saying. If my back's against the wall, everybody know what I'ma do. I'ma motherfukkin' scrap and I've been doing that. Eyes closed, whatever the case may be, they know I'm in that bytch scrapping. I don't care about nothing else.

ANDRE BERTO SOUNDS OFF ON DANNY GARCIA FAILED FIGHT: "NOBODY OUTPRICED THEMSELVES...THAT WAS A bytch MOVE" || FIGHTHYPE.COM

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
[VIDEO] ADRIEN BRONER EXPANDING ABOUT BILLIONS STABLE; SAYS "BIG NAMES" ARE READY TO COME ON BOARD || FIGHTHYPE.COM

"We got some big names in boxing right name that's ready to come over and be About Billions...we really love our fighters...I really care for the fighter...I'm not an ex fighter; I'm a fighter who's still in the game," stated multi-division former world champion Adrien Broner, who made it clear that he's looking to expand the roster of his promotional company, About Billions. Check it out!

#AboutBillions

:aboutbillions:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
To me the story wasn't about the numbers for GGG, but rather for HBO. The numbers were fairly solid for a mid day fight and Hearn says the UK numbers are expected to be good. It looks like the UK market won and HBO loses. HBO would be better off having GGG fight in NY or LA. Wouldn't doubt if HBO wasn't entirely on board with him fighting BJS in the UK because Sky Sports wins more than they do. But I doubt HBO wants to pay for Jacobs in NY. :francis:

Shiiiiiiiiiiiit HBO should have all of ggg's fight broadcast live from Mexico City, to go with the Mexican Style :heh:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Sucks because the Choc fight was good too. As far as 97g and his numbers going down there is only so long you can put nikkas in squash matches till motherfukkers are :manny: about it. He's been at middle over 10 years and is in his mid 30s w over 200 amateur fights right :sas1:

Now team anti 97k we sit back as the numbers decrease because the casuals still won't bite on what hbo selling w ggg, he will begin to look less impressive due to making weight+ age and that's when.....

It did suck for Choc, b/c that was the kind of fight that bring attention to the lower weight classes. Like I will definitely be on the lookout for Cuadras from now on.

In terms of 97g, it is what it is. Whoever's running HBO should go and have a talk with Don King, Bob Arum, or Lou DiBella. If you look at his live gate, and his free HBO numbers, there's no reason he shouldn't be a ppv player by now. shyt if you just re-do 2015, you start with ggg fighting whatever jobber he did and put it on the Manny/Floyd undercard. Then instead of giving him his own ppv against Lemiuex, you load up the Canelo/Cotto ppv with a ggg/jobber co-main, and lemiuex as the first or second fight. Do that and THEN put ggg on his own ppv, and you'd be looking at 300k ish.

But nah they have him fighting in the middle of the day against big WW's...........smh. I'd feel bad for the breh if he and his team weren't such pricks/liars.