Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What I don't get about PBC is they have their guys who are draws...Swift, AB, Thurman,

How does it make sense to keep these nikkas on the bench for 10+ months

You keep them active at least 3 fights a year each...you stack the undercards so the guys there get shine N build a fan base etc

Since your draws are fighting ratings are good N your brand doesn't look pathetic doing TNA impact numbers with Jacobs Mora or Fonfara headlining

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Id Love to see this

He could be a good opponent for T-Craw

It's not a secret that I'm high on Crawford and I do believe he would beat everyone 147 and down but he needs to get those PBC/Sho fights somehow cause the (quality part of the...) TR stable in welter and jr welter is paper thin... I'm glad that they already tried to negotiate Crawfrod fighting on Showtime. That must mean he hasn't got exclusive HBO contract and that Bob finally let go on making fight between the same 3-4 guys in 140-147 and if he runs out of options make rematches and trilogies out of them...

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Errol Spence Jr vs Gennady Golovkin in 2017?:ohhh:

“I had never seen Brook fight much before, really,” said Derrick James, trainer to Errol Spence Jr. “I said he would be too fast. He exposed ‘Triple G,’ I believe.”

Whoah…didn’t GGG maybe have an off night? Or no, this was a case of us seeing deficiencies in Golovkin’s game?

“True,” James said. “Errol would knock both of them out!”

James continued the thought process.

“He spars with heavyweights and cruiserweights every day and these guys don’t have a lot of great skills. Their reaction time is too slow. You can see what Brook is thinking. If it were Errol, you wouldn’t know what he was going to throw next because, he’s thinking so fast, all you see is the punches coming, not his thought process before he throws the punch.”

Fascinating and bold and ballsy. So would Spence take the gig if K2 Promotions’ Tom Loeffler and Team Golovkin wanted to make Golovkin vs. Spence next?

“I have talk to (Spence) about it and I believe he will beat (Golovkin) with skill, power and speed but it’s up to him to actually take the fight because he knows himself so I will let him make his own calls. I will ask him when I see him next.”

Derrick James: 'Spence would knock Golovkin and Brook out' - The Ring

#TruthSeekers

:demonic:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

Let's see what Jacobs wanna do....or will he vacate the regular title:mjlol:

Fight will be Saturday, November 26th:ehh:

This is the fight I desire to see the most (outside of Canelo). I find Jacobs a bigger threat and more interesting matchup than BJS (who would be my 3rd preferred matchup).

As people have been saying, there is so much fukkery in the negotiations, I have no idea what would happen. As @reservoirdogs said, GGG has that HBO contract, so even if GGG agrees to fight Jacobs outside the network he couldn't without HBO approval. For guys like this, if Jacobs and PBC were willing to put Jacobs on HBO and let them eat off the matchup, then Jacobs deserves a little extra cash for giving that up. Then we run into the fact that the fight itself may not get made, because HBO is broke itself, let alone give someone a few hundred K's extra so they could be the lead network.

I have a feeling Jacobs might believe this fight is worth more than it is. I don't know what Jacobs got for the Mora rematch, but he got $1.5 million for the Peter Quillin fight, which is right around where I think he should be, $1.5-2 million seems fair.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
@Newzz

so that would be impressive even tho hes naturally a 140 guy right. still not bigger.

plus bob in the way....once that's settled I believe we see craw in some good fights but right now its useless to call out someone u cant fight.lol

when the last time dibella worked with arum?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
@Newzz

so that would be impressive even tho hes naturally a 140 guy right. still not bigger.

Imo, it would be a more impressive win than any other win Crawford can get at 140 at this point.

plus bob in the way....once that's settled I believe we see craw in some good fights but right now its useless to call out someone u cant fight.lol

So, Crawford doing this...

...was just him putting on a show then right?

when the last time dibella worked with arum?

That's Top Rank and their fighters problem. Crawford doesn't have an exclusive deal with anyone & can fight on any channel just like Felix Diaz Jr can.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
this coli server fukkin up right now cant even quote...lol

@Newzz

1.felix wouldn't be wayyyyyy better than anyone to me tho. he has one win over an unproven prospect in vasquez. would not be impressive to me cause he has no power to test craw chin that yall love to talk about all the time.lol so no just another so-so win...I would rather be unified champ over burns/troy than him. to me it wouldn't be better than Frankie Gomez, also another so-so win for craw.

2.yes craw did some useless ranting cause he got in his feeling(rightfully cause they took shots for reason lol).
you can do something and mean it but it can still be considered useless. that's maybe what diaz is doing cause craw does have a bit of status as no 5 p4p fighter and it would be a good win for him but only so-so for craw.

3.so yes its arum/top rank fault for not working with others especially when craw wants to fight outsiders and hasn't limited his self to an exclusive contract like kkk/ggg.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Thurman,porter,Garcia,broner,spence,mikey.g,brook,pac

those are the fights that would impress me ore than what I already am with craw. solid name, solid resumes, good power/skills. @Newzz