Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Moving to 168 would be dumb imo that dikkson damn near just as shytty as 160. Lil g know what he doing. Canelo will probably fight him in either 2017 or 2018. No reason to move up now unless he can't make 160

He should have done it already 2 years ago or so

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
so u support ab going after weak fighters?

yall always talk bout craw need to move up but he aint got nobody to face at 147 unlike ab with pbc.

I know the division weak for the most part....im just looking for consistency from yall.:yeshrug:

What do you mean? AB HAS went up. He started at 130, moved up & fought in 3 other weight classes, including having 3 Welterweight fights and a Welterweight Championship on his resume already, while Crawford has only moved up 1 division.

We've seen it. AB has proven that his peak he can go as an A caliber fighter is 140. At 130, 135, & 140...he's elite. At 147, he isn't. He's just good at very best like many others.

Why would I want him to go up & fight outside his best levels just to lose? Just like Roman Gonzalez won't be moving up to 122 ever to make a dream fight vs Rigo, because his abilities would take a hit, it's the same thought process when it comes to AB. I've seen AB in 4 different weight classes and 130, 135, & 140 is him at his best. He can no longer make 130 or 135, but he can still make 140. I want him to stay where he's at his best. Those 3 fights at Welterweight shows he's not the same up there as he is at 130/135/140

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
What do you mean? AB HAS went up. He started at 130, moved up & fought in 3 other weight classes, including having 3 Welterweight fights and a Welterweight Championship on his resume already, while Crawford has only moved up 1 division.

We've seen it. AB has proven that his peak he can go as an A caliber fighter is 140. At 130, 135, & 140...he's elite. At 147, he isn't. He's just good at very best like many others.

Why would I want him to go up & fight outside his best levels just to lose? Just like Roman Gonzalez won't be moving up to 122 ever to make a dream fight vs Rigo, because his abilities would take a hit, it's the same thought process when it comes to AB. I've seen AB in 4 different weight classes and 130, 135, & 140 is him at his best. He can no longer make 130 or 135, but he can still make 140. I want him to stay where he's at his best. Those 3 fights at Welterweight shows he's not the same up there as he is at 130/135/140

lol I could've sworn ab just said that he cant make 140 no more after failing on the weight scales and dropping the belt.:dwillhuh:

then all of a sudden he goes to jail and coms out calling burns out....:dwillhuh:

so to me that looks like hes draining him self to fight "weak fighters" as u guys put it, instead decent comp at 147.:manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
lol I could've sworn ab just said that he cant make 140 no more after failing on the weight scales and dropping the belt.:dwillhuh:

then all of a sudden he goes to jail and coms out calling burns out....:dwillhuh:

so to me that looks like hes draining him self to fight "weak fighters" as u guys put it, instead decent comp at 147.:manny:

He weighed in .4 over. Not even a half pound over the weight. All it means to me is that he must've cut weight late...I could see if he weighed in at 142 or something breh:comeon:

He was fighting Ricky Burns in October all along, after the Pacquiao fight didnt go through, but going to jail through off the plans, so they pushed it back to December:

Plan was always to go back to 140 and get his belt.

Again, Broner has fought 3 times at Welterweight & knows he's not as good there as he is at 140...on the other hand, Crawford hasn't even tried to face anyone bigger than him yet and never fought at Welterweight. At the same point of his career, 29 fights, Broner had fought twice at Welterweight.

That's why I want to see Crawford move up & test his skills against bigger opps like we asked of Adrien Broner to do....and he did.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
He weighed in .4 over. Not even a half pound over the weight. All it means to me is that he must've cut weight late...I could see if he weighed in at 142 or something breh:comeon:

He was fighting Ricky Burns in October all along, after the Pacquiao fight didnt go through, but going to jail through off the plans, so they pushed it back to December:

Plan was always to go back to 140 and get his belt.

Again, Broner has fought 3 times at Welterweight & knows he's not as good there as he is at 140...on the other hand, Crawford hasn't even tried to face anyone bigger than him yet and never fought at Welterweight.

That's why I want to see Crawford move up & test his skills against bigger opps

1.postol/burns/brediscott was "bigger" in a way. whether u think they trash or not is something else.

I want to see craw go up to but pushing it right now when there is no one there to fight pointless.

u gonna be satisfied to see him go up and face vargas,jmm,sadam....when u think all those guys are trash( and jmm old)? you'll ignore it just like u ignore postol/burns/bredis cause u don't think they good lol. so in fact its useless, so I don't know why yall feel the need talk about it.

2.didn't know they already planned to fight burns.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
1.postol/burns/brediscott was "bigger" in a way. whether u think they trash or not is something else.

None of them were bigger than Crawford

I want to see craw go up to but pushing it right now when there is no one there to fight pointless.

u gonna be satisfied to see him go up and face vargas,jmm,sadam....when u think all those guys are trash( and jmm old)?you'll ignore it just like u ignore postol/burns/bredis cause u don't think they good lol. so in fact its useless, so I don't know why yall feel the need talk about it.

In what world is Vargas, JMM, & Ali on the same level?

JMM is a HOFer...where have I ever said he was trash?:jbhmm:

I always give Bradley props for easily beating him.

Also, did you just try & slip bredis prescott and Ricky Burns in the same sentence with Postol?:heh:

Then...did you try & compare having Ws over THEM to having Ws over Vargas and Marquez?:dead:

No...a win over Burns & Prescott is not = to having wins over Vargas & Marquez. Hell, it's not even proven than Postol is on Vargas level or even better than Sadam Ali. A win over Aydin is a win that Vargas or Ali could get as well imo.

2.didn't know they already planned to fight burns.

#AboutBusiness