Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
The last Pacquiao matchup you were dying for ended up with Pacquiao taking the ultimate L:mjpls:

Pacquiao needs to avoid Swift...that's a spoiler waiting to happen, bc Pacquiao offensive strengths play into Swift's
Nah man swift not catching pacman imo. I can see swift hurting him but I think many still quick enough to outbox him. Would be a great fight I'm 60-40 pac tbh

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Like Skip said, the winner of the 140lb tourney is better qualified. Martinez is better qualified. You get things twisted. I dont doubt that Canelo at this stage would be a big fight for Floyd, and more money.

My problem is everything thinking he is so much better than Guerrero or the JWW's or anyone in the JMW division. The kid is an average fighter but people have him stamped for greatness. I said the same thing about Cotto. He was supposed to be the next Tito. I told people that guy wasnt that great of a fighter. I admit, Cotto may have turned out slightly better than I anticipated, but still....I dont see him as an All Time Great. I dont see Canelo being as good a fighter as Cotto though.

Just ran across this post of you talking about Canelo 3 years ago.....and had to go :mjlol:

Sorry breh, but :heh:

Also, ran across this post of mine from 3 year ago when the #CaneloCartel was just starting off:smugbiden:

lol @ Alvarez being on the same level as Garcia/Judah/Peterson/Matthysse/Khan:heh:

He is better than all of em and is gonna do Cotto like he did Mosley.

I only got 1 dap for this post too:wow:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
The only thing we disagree on is you think a fight between the 2 ends with Spence KOing him...and I will bet whatever that Spence can't.

Win on the cards? I can see it:ehh:

Win via KO? Nah..can't see it. Maidana couldn't do it even in his custom MX Gloves and Broner ain't a Lightweight sparring a Junior Middleweight anymore:manny:
I think the levels of boxing will help Spence do what Maidana couldn't. We know Maidana was a monster puncher and PFP he is a bigger puncher than Spence, but Spence is naturally bigger, so I think their power may be closer than the initial reaction at first glance. The thing with Maidana is that he suffered from Matthysse syndrome as well, a monster puncher who knocked nearly every opponent he fought down, but fighters who possessed superior boxing skills could make their power a lot less effective. Spence is a better and more diverse fighter than Maidana to me. I think Spence could get openings on Broner that Maidana couldn't and land those power shots that Maidana couldn't get against better boxers.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Honestly we haven't had a Stan war like that since

(I guess Floyd vs Manny but that was filled with casuals wasn't the same)

The OG #garciagang #swiftset Myself, King, Yawn N skip

Vs the entire fukking Coli except Tua

#matthyssemafia got crushed like fetty waps eye N erased from history :smugdraper:

Something like thatll prolly never happen again

It was #Swiftset vs #matthyssemafia which was mostly myself @SuikodenII @patscorpio (:francis: pat) and @((ReFleX))

Man that was a live ppv

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Just ran across this post of you talking about Canelo 3 years ago.....and had to go :mjlol:
Sorry breh, but :heh:

Also, ran across this post of mine from 3 year ago when the #CaneloCartel was just starting off:smugbiden:

I only got 1 dap for this post too:wow:

Breh Canelo got +5 overall by that masterclass given by Floyd. I don't think Canelo would be as good as he is now had he not fought Floyd.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It was #Swiftset vs #matthyssemafia which was mostly myself @SuikodenII @patscorpio (:francis: pat) and @((ReFleX))

Man that was a live ppv

Nobody else gave Swift a chance tho...people were clowning us for stanning Garcia... The memes...the ducking claims...the Swift "scared face" watching the ped ko...swift won't last 2rds....angel going be crying throwing in the towel

It was #swiftset against the world :banderas:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Tank Davis vs "Sweet T" Farmer twitter beef for those who missed it:

kobe-youre-welcome.gif

:dead:

yeah but to the people that don't know they been beefin

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Adrien Broner is a draw and the A-side in every fight. All he has to do is create a weight class that works for him. If it's 144-145, just fight at a catch weight. This is a business and as the A-side, it's your right to get every advantage as possible. Pick the ring size, gloves, weight, etc. He should only have to give up these perks if he is the B side, which would mean it's beneficial for him financially in a big fight against a Mayweather/Pacquaio opponent.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Adrien Broner is a draw and the A-side in every fight. All he has to do is create a weight class that works for him. If it's 144-145, just fight at a catch weight. This is a business and as the A-side, it's your right to get every advantage as possible. Pick the ring size, gloves, weight, etc. He should only have to give up these perks if he is the B side, which would mean it's beneficial for him financially in a big fight against a Mayweather/Pacquaio opponent.

He tried that vs Shawn Porter N almost didn't make weight...Haymon had to men in black memory wipe errybody N act like there was no rehydration clause too

Khan already told him no catch weight
Thurman wouldn't
Porter already did N won
Swift wont N is the A side vs AB
He won't fight Peterson
Spence wouldnt/can't

What fights does that leave for Broner?? Diaz maybe...

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He tried that vs Shawn Porter N almost didn't make weight...Haymon had to men in black memory wipe errybody N act like there was no rehydration clause too

Thurman wouldn't
Porter already did N won
He won't fight Peterson
Spence wouldnt/can't

That does not mean he should not do it again. Porter is just a better fighter. He should have tried to get that fight at 142.

He needs to target guys at 135-140 and bring them to his weight class. He does not need to fight any of those guys you named.

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Thurman wouldn't
Porter already did N won
He won't fight Peterson
Spence wouldnt/can't

Diaz style should be bad for Broner, he could be a good measuring stick whether Broner improved anything (still able to improve?) or not. If Diaz bullies him and Broner doesn't do anything, doesn't throw counters and etc... (like the Porter fight) then he didn't improve and probably won't. If he peppers up Diaz with counters, doesn't let him to bully him and stays active he may have still an upside in his career.