Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Erry time id see Farmers pic on fighthype
20110908_weights_0016.jpg

I'd right away think of this lil guy
high.gif

I ain't shyt :francis:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 8/26:

- Believes Canelo vs. GGG will happen, just not soon. They will milk it a bit and try to grow it.
- Joshua vs. Parker? Good matchup, right now probably favor Joshua.
- Ward vs. Kovalev tickets? No word yet. The promoters are locked in a battle over childish stuff that was already agreed to, until Roc Nation decided to renegotiate.
- Yes the Ward vs. Kovalev fight is potentially in jeopardy because Roc Nation is being unprofessional. 20 percent chance it doesn't get made.
- Desiree Perez (a top RN exec) is solely responsible for the hold up with Roc Nation and fighting Kovalev. She is a nightmare to work with. Reader wrote in that it was Perez who convinced A-Rod to sue MLB after he was suspended for PED's, also was arrested in 1994 for having 35 kg's of cocaine and wore a wire to get indictments on major drug traffickers.
- No news on Devon Alexander. Since he has lost 3 of 4, he probably is deciding what he wants to do.
- Lemiuex vs. Stevens is in discussions, but not a done deal yet.
- What is next for Broner? He needs to decide if he is a serious fighter or just a guy with a big mouth who loses his biggest fights. He has talent, but doesn't live or train the right way.
- The Spence fight and 6 million viewers was a one time deal with the great time slot, but it was good for boxing and people got to see a young, talented, and exciting fighter.
- Should PBC had Spence fight a tougher opponent for that audience? No. The audience got a massive KO, which is what the casual fan wants.
- Spence vs. Thurman? Hard to pick, but right now leaning towards Spence.
- Is Spence the best fighter at 147 or below? Not necessarily, would give Crawford a great chance to beat him.
- Spence vs. Broner? Why not, but Spence would destroy Broner.
- No news on Klitschko vs. Fury, other than Klitschko says he may need to take Fury to court to enforce their contract.
- According to ODH life is too short to deal with people who back out of contracts, so he gave Ortiz's team the option to: fight to his agreed upon contract or sit out until you pay us the release money we want. Ortiz's team paid a seven figure contract release.
- It seems that Ortiz will end up with PBC.
- Shocked that Angulo is still fighting? You can say that about a lot of fighters. What are they going to do besides box? They will continue to do what they know.
- Winner of Stiverne vs. Povetkin will be Wilder's mandatory.
- Rigo vs. Wilfredo Gomez? Gomez by brutal KO.
- Is Matthysse going to retire? Thinks he will be back.
- Will Maidana un-retire? No.
- Jarrell Miller vs. current HW champs? Those would be interesting fights, but Miller needs to step up his competition before he deserves a title shot.
- Is Cotto vs. Bradley possible? Anything is possible if both sides want to make the fight. There would be no TV or weight issues, it would just be a matter if they want to fight. Personally wants to see it.
- Bradley vs. Vargas rematch is unlikely to happen. Bradley wants the Cotto fight.
- Not very hopefull we get Usyk vs. Glowacki on US TV. Best case scenario seems to be to have it shown on delay, but is not even hopeful for that.
- No 24/7 or Face Off from HBO for GGG vs. Brook. The fight is two weeks away, if they were doing it we would know.
- Where would Brook beating GGG rank on the upset scale (Buster vs. Tyson being a 10)? 8.
- Crolla vs. Linares is a good under the radar fight. Will be on AWE.
- Josesito Lopez has not announced his retirement, so he does not consider him retired.
- DLH says that Canelo's fight will outsell both of Pacquiao's fights at Cowboys Stadium. Thinks it outsells Margarito (41,734), but will be hard to outsell Clottey (50,994).
- If Arum takes Vargas vs. Pacquiao to Showtime, will Arum continue to do Pacquiao business with them or is it a one off? Undetermined.
- Vargas is not his first pick for a Pacquiao opponent, but the fight is not THAT bad. Vargas has looked good recently and has a lot of confidence coming off of the Ali victory. He and his trainer Dewey Cooper seem to work really well together.
- Donaire very likely could fight his mandatory Magdaleno on the Pacquiao undercard.
- Plans for Amir Khan? Doubtful he fights for the rest of the year.
- Showtime doesn't have much on the schedule, but a lot in the works: Garcia in mid-October (likely vs. Berto), possible Charlo vs. J-Rock, Culcay vs. Andrade, and Joshua on Nov. 26.
- Gatti vs. Provodnikov at 140? Sick bloodbath. Winner is whoever's face holds up the best.
- Per Top Rank, Verdejo won't fight for the rest of the year.
- Mason Menard? Big puncher, good up and comer. Hopes to see him vs. better competition, he can fight for a title now and should be competitive vs. anyone at 135.
- Chocolatito vs. Cuadras is a very good and interesting fight, but if Chocolatito dominated would anyone be surprised...he is that good.
- Shakur Stevenson has nothing to be ashamed about. He lost about as close as you can to the guy who won the 2012 gold medal. He is weighing his pro options, Floyd and Arum are interested. Someone is going to have to show him the money.
- Juan Francisco Estrada is still out with a hand injury.
- Perez vs. Petrov will be on Estrella TV. Has the potential to be a really good fight.
- No news on Schaefer's company. He is working on many things and will have announcements soon.
- Agree with the Hardy Vincent fight decision, but not the judge who had it 9-1.
- How do the Eubanks explain fighting a nobody after turning down the GGG fight? They live on a different planet. They have no one to blame but themselves.
- Per Top Rank we will see Crawford fight again this year, but no opponents yet.
- Interested in Crawford vs. Granados? Why...that is a big mismatch.
- If Clarissa Shields decides to turn pro, he knows for a fact there are promoters who want to sign her. She is the best amateur boxer in the world.
- Rios says he is going to fight again. Always thought he would and didn't believe his retirement.
- Why isn't Lamont Peterson fighting? Good question and no answer.
- Salido vs. Miura is a possibility.
- Lomachenko vs. GRJ rematch in the next 18 months? Doubtful.
- DeGale vs. Jack? Not sure if they plan on having it this year.
- Nicholas Walters is at the Winky Wright School Of Business.
- Pryor vs. Duran at 140? Duran.
- Carlos Ortiz the GOAT Puerto Rican fighter? In the conversation, but many will say: Gomez, Trinidad, Cotto, or Benitez.

Last edited:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Spence beating Broner...possible:ehh:

Spence destroying Broner...stop it:camby:
You might have to make a poll. When I saw someone wrote that in it kinda surprised me because I think Spence KO's Broner. It would be an interesting fight and I would want to see it, but I would not feel conflicted about picking Spence....and very likely by KO.
:manny:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
- Desiree Perez (a top RN exec) is solely responsible for the hold up with Roc Nation and fighting Kovalev. She is a nightmare to work with. Reader wrote in that it was Perez who convinced A-Rod to sue MLB after he was suspended for PED's, also was arrested in 1994 for having 35 kg's of cocaine and wore a wire to get indictments on major drug traffickers.

^^^^^^^^^Dunno how Fat man feels so kosher posting shyt like this? I'd be furious if I was that bytch.

Funny to see Sweet T calling out Tank for acting like a bytch (after initially giving him props). Tank has very much been showing his age the past week. Sure Ellerbe is happy about that :heh:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
You might have to make a poll. When I saw someone wrote that in it kinda surprised me because I think Spence KO's Broner. It would be an interesting fight and I would want to see it, but I would not feel conflicted about picking Spence....and very likely by KO.
:manny:
Didn't Spence allegedly KD or KO Broner in sparring (granted it's just sparring) ? Spence is much bigger than AB though, IDK why they'd fight.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

^^^^^^^^^Dunno how Fat man feels so kosher posting shyt like this? I'd be furious if I was that bytch.

Funny to see Sweet T calling out Tank for acting like a bytch (after initially giving him props). Tank has very much been showing his age the past week. Sure Ellerbe is happy about that :heh:
The way it was worded, it was very intentional. He usually doesn't call people out behind the scenes. He usually does it in a Top Rank, PBC, HBO is making it difficult, differing opinions type of way. But in this case and the first I can remember, where he specifically called out someone from a fighter's camp (behind the scenes). It must be an industry bridge he doesn't care if it gets burned and doesn't feel threatened by losing a relationship (he often says RN is pretty worthless to deal with, so there is no relationship).

He even made a point later to state it wasn't Ward holding it up, it is strictly that one person. Kinda makes me want to know what she is trying to renegotiate that is worth risking this fight and why is RN letting one person potentially derail a fight that means so much to them and their client. It doesn't do anything to help their image of being a boxing promotional company that is run by people that know nothing about the business. Once Ward agreed to the fight, it should have been a slam dunk to make.

That said, Dan is good at taking L's via Twitter and other media, wonder if someone will go at him over this.