Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
As I said he has a title fight coming up. Supposedly in October. If that's not good enough for him then idk... :yeshrug:

He has been in the ring 1x for less than 60 seconds since April....he's supposed to fight for the Championship in October in a step up fight.

I feel his grievance...another fight in July or early August would've been good for him to get some rounds in before facing Sosa. Instead, he is going to end up facing Sosa on basically a 6 month layoff.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Porter pushing for son to return before November, wants Thurman
Mitch Abramson
August 24, 2016

Shawn-Porter-Media-Workout_Training-camp_Ryan-Greene-_-Premier-Boxing-Champions.jpg

Photo courtesy of Premier Boxing Champions

Kenny Porter is pushing for his son, Shawn, to return to the ring in the next “eight to ten weeks” in either New York, Las Vegas or California, and is lobbying hard for a rematch with Keith Thurman in 2017, he told RingTV.com on Tuesday.

One opponent Porter doesn’t think Shawn (26-2-1, 16 knockouts) will face in the near future is Errol Spence Jr.
, who looked sensational in stopping 41-year-old Leonard Bundu in the sixth round on Sunday in Coney Island on NBC.

“That would be an excellent and wonderful fight,” Porter said of a matchup with Spence. “It’s a fight that could possibly happen one day, a little further down the line. Errol hasn’t quite gotten to where we’re at with the people we want to fight right now, the Keith Thurmans, Danny Garcias of the world — those guys who we have unfinished business with.”

Porter is very familiar with Spence from his time working with him in the amateurs as a technical advisor for USA Boxing; Porter says he accompanied Spence to tournaments in the Ukraine and Azerbaijan. But a bout with Thurman, whom Porter lost a close, entertaining decision to in June, remains the priority.

“If you really think about it for a second, the Keith Thurman fight is a bigger fight and that’s something we will be revisiting before we’re looking at a guy like Errol,” said Porter, who spoke from Anaheim, California, where Victor Morales Jr., a fighter he just signed, will make his pro debut on Saturday on the undercard of Robert Guerrero-David Peralta. “That rematch is more realistic in terms of what we will do and what might be in the upcoming year of 2017,” he went on. “That’s the biggest fight for us. Errol had a big fight but we’re looking at Keith and getting back in there with him.”

Porter said the possibility of facing Thurman next remained remote because Thurman has been ordered by the WBA to face mandatory David Avanesyan. “I think because of the mandatory situation I don’t think a (rematch) would happen next,” Porter said. “The mandatory is the mandatory.” In any event, discussions are ongoing with respect to trying to find the next opponent for Shawn, a former welterweight titleholder, though his father and trainer declined to go into detail.

“It’s not something that they want to put out at this point but we’re definitely working hard at what I call the fight before the fight,” Porter said. “It could be a championship fight. It could be a top-10 guy. It could be a rematch. We’re open to all those. Obviously, that was a great fight with Keith and we definitely want to revisit that. As far as if that will be the next fight, that will be determined by the networks and the people that are in place putting things together.”

Porter doesn’t think his friendship with Spence would hinder a potential fight down the road between the two since, according to Porter, “We fight our friends.”

Porter pushing for son to return before November, wants Thurman - Ring TV

A fight with Spence vs Porter wont happen right now anyways, bc Spence is looking to fight for the IBF Championship (or even the WBO, WBA, WBC Championship) in his next fight. A fight vs Porter doesn't do him any good right now:manny:

However, I would love to see them get it in in the ring:banderas:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
She is wrong about him giving them a lavish lifestyle though. You gotta earn everything you get with performance and potential. He's not flying dudes around on jets and buying them benzes. more like a decent apartment and a decent whip.

I don't see how you nikkas take up for this nikka Floyd.

That Luis Aries shyt let me know what type of nikka he is. Even the Broner situation.

But because you nikkas love Floyd the fighter you're blind to his bullshyt.

Exactly...choc is always talmbout be consistent...shyt look no further than Floyd's TMT dealings...that's some consistency for your ass right there

I don't give af bout TMT nor do you ever see me Stan TMT or any of them bums

This ain't got shyt to do with Floyd

Fighters leave home N sacrifice to train erry fukking single day

Willie Monroe was sleeping with roaches on his managers brothers floor ...having to pay rent N groceries

This nikka tank misses his momma N brothers N can't be a way from them for 8-10 weeks?? Boo fukking hoo :aicmon:

He's getting a title shot he doesn't deserve but he can't leave his momma house for 8 weeks in order to get it??:heh: 95% of dudes boxing right now with 15 Ws would train in fukking Siberia eating moose meat with Provodnikovs momma if they were to get a title shot they don't deserve :aicmon:

When its Jccjr or Omar Figueroa or Victor Ortiz that say nah im not feeling being away from home or away from my friends... Its all lazy, N spoiled, N dumb, N fat jokes tho :camby:

Edit*** my fault Squirrel I quoted you on accident

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Willie Monroe was sleeping with roaches on his managers brothers floor ...having to pay rent N groceries

This nikka tank misses his momma N brothers N can't be a way from them for 8-10 weeks?? Boo fukking hoo :aicmon:

He's getting a title shot he doesn't deserve but he can't leave his momma house for 8 weeks in order to get it??:heh: 95% of dudes boxing right now with 15 Ws would train in fukking Siberia eating moose meat with Provodnikovs momma if they were to get a title shot they don't deserve :aicmon:

When its Jccjr or Omar Figueroa or Victor Ortiz that say nah im not feeling being away from home or away from my friends... Its all lazy, N spoiled, N dumb, N fat jokes tho :camby:

:dead:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Edit*** my fault Squirrel I quoted you on accident

It's not about being away for 8-10 weeks. Floyd had him MOVE out to Vegas a few months ago...to LIVE. Not just train.

He's not feeling it right now though breh....he wanna go back home:manny:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It's not about being away for 8-10 weeks. Floyd had him MOVE out to Vegas a few months ago...to LIVE. Not just train.

He's not feeling it right now though breh....he wanna go back home:manny:

Then thats different

Floyd wanting you to train in Vegas vs Floyd wanting you to live in Vegas 24/7

You can't force someone to live someplace they don't want to...train yea no problem... Live?? Nope

If thats the case then that's when you call a Watson N get in touch with Al to get Liam Neesons to come rescue your ass

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Is he meant to be next?

floyd had been going around proclaiming he was the next mayweather and all that that..what made this messed up is the actual champion in his camp who proved his mettle, badou jack, is in there and not even getting a 1/4 of the mention that davis got....davis is not next though..the dude has pop but thats it...he is not an errol spence..he needs more work

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Man I really hope Porter can stick around at 147 for a while longer. Once he hits 154 IT'S A WRAP for his career!

he's been having trouble making weight lately..dude has fought as high as super middle...his career was going nowhere at 154..at least though he's a professional when it comes to making weight