Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I know breh...like I say Im always looking for consistency

You know damn well if tank got into so shyt in Bmore all these people shytting on Floyd now would be blaming Floyd...

"Why Floyd got his hot prospect in the hood"

"Floyd don't care bout his fighters"

"TMT don't know how to handle they fighters"

"Tank was copying Floyd...its Floyds fault"

With AB its Floyd doesn't care...Floyd shows care N concern for tank N its ... "Let him learn on his own"

Its corny :manny:

Then Word on the Curb so desperate to hate she says some shyt like...all boxers who leave home end up losers N slumped :comeon:

GGG
Kovalev
Floyd
Porter
Manny
Cotto
The 100s of fighters who go to big bear or wild card to train for fights

Yup all losers...should a stayed training in bumfukkizstan :martin:

Floyd could've put him up in a nice suburb of Maryland

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
This makes no sense at all. Weren't you the same guy complaining he didn't take Broner under his wings to mentor him ?

That dumb negga Tank trynna be in videos with Young Thugand he whining ?

First of all...am I Gervonta Davis? Am I ghostwriting HIS tweets??? No:ufdup:

If HE feels more comfortable training around in an area he's grown up in and being able to see his friends/family while doing so, who are any of you to say he's wrong for feeling that way?:dahell:

How can yall say what HE needs to do when he is only 21 years old and obviously missing his support system? :what:

Secondly, Floyd doesn't "mentor" anyone:camby:

Taking young Boxers on your private jet, buying them jewelry/clothes/cars, giving them cash....that's not "mentoring". That's buying them...the same shyt he does for the thots that inhabit the "Big Boy Mansion". Mentoring is taking them under your wing & showing them the way to be outside AND inside the ring. Floyd has never been in the ring with AB or Tank. Floyd hasn't trained with EITHER of them. My criticism of Floyd/AB has nothing to do with this, but no, he didn't mentor AB at all. AB told you how their relationship went.

Yall Mayweather stans always quick to defend him, but you telling me that if your fighter is saying he's not happy thousands of miles away from his comfort zone, and he's only 21, that he should just "shut up & be happy he knows Floyd"?:ohhh:

Maybe that's how yall would feel, happy to just be in Floyd's presence, but me? I'm not fighting out of Vegas when my whole team, family, friends are in Maryland & and I'm Vegas by myself. Hell, ain't Berto still living in Florida? :jbhmm:

Did he ever move to Oakland to be near Virgil Hunter?:jbhmm:

No right? :mjpls:

So why are you basically demanding Tank to shut up & do what Floyd says when living in Vegas ain't everybody's dream. Some people need familiar people/places to feel comfortable...Tank seems to be 1 of em as he's said in his tweet, and the fact he's 16-0 with 15 KOs lends validity to his claim that he doesn't want to "move from the place that got me where I'm at today" to go hang around and admire Floyd's career earnings all day, everyday. Some of us aren't impressed with that:manny:

Floyd could've put him up in a nice suburb of Maryland:ufdup:

Last edited:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I know a few people in that camp/gym and she's pretty much right. If you're not mature enough to know how stay out the way and navigate Floyd's feelings, he'll make things hard for you. Tank is young and he's Floyd's only real star over there, so Floyd isn't risking him going back home to screw up.

Floyd will take care of you if he sees the potential, but it is a lot to deal with. Most of those dudes don't wanna stay in Vegas but I could think of a lot bigger sacrifices to make to advance your career. It's messed up but tank gotta deal with it until he's a big enough to make moves on his own

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I clearly remember plenty of people taking Cotto in that fight and saying that this was the best version of him with Roach
100% Fact I was one of them

@((ReFleX)) no need to retroactively shyt on Lucas. Canelo's best win>Danny's best win but at that time Matthyssee was a MONSTER. That fight was just as anticipated, if not more by us heads, than Canelo/Floyd

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She is wrong about him giving them a lavish lifestyle though. You gotta earn everything you get with performance and potential. He's not flying dudes around on jets and buying them benzes. more like a decent apartment and a decent whip.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

@((ReFleX)) no need to retroactively shyt on Lucas. Canelo's best win>Danny's best win but at that time Matthyssee was a MONSTER. That fight was just as anticipated, if not more by us heads, than Canelo/Floyd

By the way he posts about Matthysse now, you could never guess he was a key member of the #MatthysseMafia:heh:

But at the same time, due to the fact I've argued for years with Flex ( #LWO > #HeatWave/ #Heatles :ahh:)...I know he's using his :troll: skills, so I know he aint being all the way serious but it's still :russ: because Flex is a funny dude:heh::dead:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I mean you sign to TMT which is based out in Vegas...TMT gets you on TV dates...TMT was/is in the process of getting you a title fight you don't really deserve yet... All you gotta do is train in Vegas at the TMT gym to make sure you stay out ta trouble/put in work at the gym

You reply with "I wanna be in BMore" "get me fights or ima cry on twitter" :birdman:

:deadmanny::dead::deadrose:

Could Floyd N TMT be on some middle ground shyt sure

This ain't the first time a promoter or trainer wanted they fighter away from home, in a certain state etc...

Boxing is about sacrifice... They ain't asking him to train in Buffalo or in Willie Monroe's trainers brothers house with the roaches:mjlol:
I don't see how you nikkas take up for this nikka Floyd.

That Luis Aries shyt let me know what type of nikka he is. Even the Broner situation.

But because you nikkas love Floyd the fighter you're blind to his bullshyt.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I don't see how you nikkas take up for this nikka Floyd.

That Luis Aries shyt let me know what type of nikka he is. Even the Broner situation.

But because you nikkas love Floyd the fighter you're blind to his bullshyt.

Exactly...choc is always talmbout be consistent...shyt look no further than Floyd's TMT dealings...that's some consistency for your ass right there

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
The difference with Matthysse and Lara when they were about to fight Swift and Canelo is that....

Lucas was looked at as some type of beast that could hurt and KO anybody. The Soto, Dallas Jr, and Peterson KO's had nikkas thinking he was the 2nd coming of Hagler. nikkas thought Danny would bytch up and not even take the fight. nikkas were already chanting that duck shyt. Then when the fight got signed, nikkas thought Swift would get killed and that his father was mismanaging his career by taking that fight.

Now Lara was always looked at as being skilled as fukk, and some thought Canelo would duck him, but on the other hand he fought Trout who a lot of cats thought he'd duck so it wasn't some given that Canelo wouldn't fight him. Leading up to the bout Lara still had those Angulo knockdowns in everybody's head so although he posed a stylistic challenge for Canelo while having some good pop on his shots, he wasn't looked at as some guy that was going to kill him. Most cats still gave Canelo a shot at winning or at least doing enough to impress the judges and get a decision.

Is Lara a better boxer than Matthysse? Yes, of course.

but I don't think he was ever seen as big of a threat as Matthysse was going into the Danny fight.

In the end, everyone perceives threats differently so :manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Yeah flex be flip flopping all over the got damn place lol

And truth...I gave 2 shyts about floyd vs a green, no stamina canelo...it was all about lucas trying to send Swift to the bushes and king Carlos trying to become the champ I knew he could

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
@Newzz There's video of Tank and Floyd sparring, so I'm pretty sure dude has been 'in the ring' doing hands on training with him. But we shall see.....

To me, Floyd's a front man. Imagine if Nike just used MJ to recruit athletes, that type of shyt. Not saying Floyd ain't about his business, but it doesn't seem like he's about anyone ELSE'S business, unless they were day ones. Which I get as a person, but not as a promoter.