Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
@LauderdaleBoss if winky wright is ATG what that does that make danny swift? :ohhh:

Swfit is a HOF bound fighter at the moment. I can't say more since his career is still going.

I've never said Winky was an ATG. He's just not some random B level guy that's all.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Swfit is a HOF bound fighter at the moment. I can't say more since his career is still going.

I've never said Winky was an ATG. He's just not some random B level guy that's all.
I consider swift to be b level. A level to me is a p4p nikka that has been on the p4p list for at least a few years ala canelo or andre.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I consider swift to be b level. A level to me is a p4p nikka that has been on the p4p list for at least a few years ala canelo or andre.

Swift is like B+ to me or A- because he is undefeated and his two biggest wins were when he was the underdog (Khan/Fetty)

I can't rank Canelo over Swift, because Swift has taken more chances opponent wise and has looked good in beating them for the most part. Canelo's biggest win is against Cotto. Other than that he's had close fights with Trout and Lara. Got schooled by Floyd, but dominated everyone else that were beneath him. He hasn't fought enough cats who were at his level imo.

I guess when you look at it, I just feel like Swift dominates his comp more than Canelo does, but I feel where you coming from and we all look at shyt different. :manny:

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Swift is like B+ to me or A- because he is undefeated and his two biggest wins were when he was the underdog (Khan/Fetty)

I can't rank Canelo over Swift, because Swift has taken more chances opponent wise and has looked good in beating them for the most part. Canelo's biggest win is against Cotto. Other than that he's had close fights with Trout and Lara. Got schooled by Floyd, but dominated everyone else that were beneath him. He hasn't fought enough cats who were at his level imo.

I guess when you look at it, I just feel like Swift dominates his comp more than Canelo does, but I feel where you coming from and we all look at shyt different. :manny:
I disagree with you but I get your reasoning I suppose danny is very much like winky not flashy but gets the job done. :yeshrug:

As for canelo I thought he beat lara 7-5 but you gotta remember he was like 23 at the time iirc. He is even better now imo. I think canelo at this very moment is the 3rd best fighter in the world :yeshrug:only behind dre and pretty boy loma:yeshrug:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Lara, Trout, Cotto, > Khan, Matthysse,
:manny:

He solved two bad style matchups for him (Lara, Trout) who were both on a high level. He beat them closely but clearly. Swift on the other hand stuggled really hard against opponents who are bad for him style wise (Herrera, Peterson), he won those fights very questionably, more questionably than Canelo did against Lara and Trout and from those two fighters only Peterson can be argued as the same level as Trout or Lara imo...

While Canelo has only one clear lose but that was against the very best of the "last" generation

so Canelo's resume > Swift's resume

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

He solved two bad style matchups for him (Lara, Trout) who were both on a high level. He beat them closely but clearly. Swift on the other hand stuggled really hard against opponents who are bad for him style wise (Herrera, Peterson), he won those fights very questionably, more questionably than Canelo did against Lara and Trout and from those two fighters only Peterson can be argued as the same level as Trout or Lara imo...

While Canelo has only one clear lose but that was against the very best of the "last" generation

This. Lara is better than swift imo and Canelo clearly beat him. Canelo is basically swift on roids. A stalking counter puncher that can bang and prefers an opponent to come to him. Only difference is canelo got great speed and tremendous power. Canelo is who danny wishes he was.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

That's where we'll disagree.

Canelo didn't really solve Lara and Trout. He neutralized them and got the close decision. Pretty much what Swift did against PED and Herrera.

Solving a difficult style is what Abner Mares did against Moreno and he did it clearly. Fight was competitive, but he won and you didn't have cats saying he got a gift.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
That's where we'll disagree.

Canelo didn't really solve Lara and Trout. He neutralized them and got the close decision. Pretty much what Swift did against PED and Herrera.

Solving a difficult style is what Abner Mares did against Moreno and he did it clearly. Fight was competitive, but he won and you didn't have cats saying he got a gift.
Disagree, I got Peterson vs Danny to Ped, Herrera vs Garcia to Herrera. both close but still...
on the other hand I got Canelo vs trout to Canelo and Lara vs Canelo to Canelo, both close but still...

that makes tthe difference

and Peterson + Herrera added < Trout + Lara added (in level of competition)

They both slapped Khan unconscious but I intenionally didn't say that since Khan was obviously smaller than Nelo
I'm not the biggest Lara fan but Lara > any fighter Danny has fought
also Trout would be probably a top 3 opponent for Danny I mean the version who Canelo fought (if he would be a little smaller, p4p wise)

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
This. Lara is better than swift imo and Canelo clearly beat him. Canelo is basically swift on roids. A stalking counter puncher that can bang and prefers an opponent to come to him. Only difference is canelo got great speed and tremendous power. Canelo is who danny wishes he was.
I thought about the same thing

similar style just Canelo is a little better at it