Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
PACQUIAO-VARGAS WILL NOT BE ON HBO PPV!

In a shocking development, future hall of famer Manny Pacquiao's next fight will not take place on HBO PPV. After reliable sources informed Boxingtalk that Pacquiao's November 5 WBO welterweight title bout with Jesse Vargas would be televised on ESPN PPV with pound for pounder Vasyl Lomanchenko facing Jezreel Corrales in a unification bout as the chief support, we reached out to Bob Arum for confirmation. Although Arum, who is currently in the Philippines with Manny Pacquiao, couldn't officially confirm which network would be televising Pacquiao-Vargas, he made it clear that it would not be an HBO PPV."We haven't figured out which network it's going to be. We still have to talk to Showtime when I get back." Arum was evasive regarding the Lomanchenko-Corrales unification, but did say "it was something Todd (Duboef) liked", which likely means it is in the works and in the stages of being finalized. HBO's right of first refusal is probably the reason Arum chose not to elaborate much. However, the Bobfather was considerably more vociferous when asked why Manny wouldn't be fighting on HBO. "That's something you're going to have to ask them, because he's been fighting on HBO for many years and after so many fights with them, you're going to have to ask HBO why." When pressed further Arum stated, "They're looking to protect that light-heavyweight (Kovalev-Ward) fight and don't want anything to interfere with that." The Kovalev-Ward fight suffered a setback when the annoucement of ticket sales was recently postponed. "They have no idea what they're doing." The international connection was lost when Boxingtalk asked if they was Main Events, Roc Nation or HBO. HBO VP Peter Nelson was unavailable for immediate comment

yall believe this?

I wan a believe it as it would be in everybody's besgt interest if it was on reg HBO

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Whats really good with the Jermall Charlo vs J Rock fight? I see on BoxRec a date of 10-1 last I heard a SoCal venue?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Whats really good with the Jermall Charlo vs J Rock fight? I see on BoxRec a date of 10-1 last I heard a SoCal venue?

PBC is unorganized af

Theres Rumors it will be on Swift vs Berto undercard in LA

Theres Rumors Charlo wants it in Houston

It avoided purse bid so the fight will happen tho

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Bute says he took contaminated supplement
The “B” Sample of former world champion Lucian Bute turned out positive, just like the “A” Sample. Bute tested positive for the banned substance Ostarine after his fight against Badou Jack on April 30 in Washington DC. He maintains he has never knowingly used illegal products throughout his career in professional boxing. To determine out what happened, his team had all the supplements he used analyzed and found that the problem was with a product identified as “Dynamite PM Night Fuel” prescribed to him by fitness trainer Angel Heredia that was supposed to be free from any illegal substances. The Bute Team says the supplement was contaminated in the lab that prepared it and they have the intention of suing that lab for damages. The details have been sent to the DC Commission. In the meantime, Bute is in training at the Grant Brothers Gym and ready to resume his career.
:sas1:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
PACQUIAO-VARGAS WILL NOT BE ON HBO PPV!

In a shocking development, future hall of famer Manny Pacquiao's next fight will not take place on HBO PPV. After reliable sources informed Boxingtalk that Pacquiao's November 5 WBO welterweight title bout with Jesse Vargas would be televised on ESPN PPV with pound for pounder Vasyl Lomanchenko facing Jezreel Corrales in a unification bout as the chief support, we reached out to Bob Arum for confirmation. Although Arum, who is currently in the Philippines with Manny Pacquiao, couldn't officially confirm which network would be televising Pacquiao-Vargas, he made it clear that it would not be an HBO PPV."We haven't figured out which network it's going to be. We still have to talk to Showtime when I get back." Arum was evasive regarding the Lomanchenko-Corrales unification, but did say "it was something Todd (Duboef) liked", which likely means it is in the works and in the stages of being finalized. HBO's right of first refusal is probably the reason Arum chose not to elaborate much. However, the Bobfather was considerably more vociferous when asked why Manny wouldn't be fighting on HBO. "That's something you're going to have to ask them, because he's been fighting on HBO for many years and after so many fights with them, you're going to have to ask HBO why." When pressed further Arum stated, "They're looking to protect that light-heavyweight (Kovalev-Ward) fight and don't want anything to interfere with that." The Kovalev-Ward fight suffered a setback when the annoucement of ticket sales was recently postponed. "They have no idea what they're doing." The international connection was lost when Boxingtalk asked if they was Main Events, Roc Nation or HBO. HBO VP Peter Nelson was unavailable for immediate comment

yall believe this?

Still a trash matchup and fukk Arum but in for Loma vs Corrales

Corrales looked nice against Uchiyama and I'm curious how Loma vs a slickster with pops in his hands (what Corrales seems to be) will play out. Yeah from 20 wins he has 8 KOs but 6 of them came on his last 6 fights so it seems like that he just learned later how to put power in his punches.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
8EAihJO.png

Ayo :dead: