Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Of course he is, and? Pac is still a legend who's not washed. Wouldn't you say fighting Pac is a huge step up from fighting the Hank Lundys and Postols of the world?

BTW I'm sure with as tight as BATB and Craw are, BATB would give Terrance the full scouting report.
Definitely a huge step up for Crawford
Pacquaio is always gonna look good against certain boxers
I think Crawfords style is all the way bad for him
I could see pacquaio getting a flash knockdown in the early rounds but that's it
Pacquaios own trainer said he wants no parts of Crawford. He said something about him being "too floyd mayweather like":jawalrus:

Mutherfukkers is still having nightmares

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Whatchu mean by Crawford type of fighters? Boxer-punchers?

Pac always had his hardest time with pure counter punchers. The fighter Bud has had the most difficulty with (since he got big) was Gamboa. Manny is faster/quicker than Gamboa with a better chin, better power, footwork etc etc. Past his prime or not, Pac just embarrassed a not shot BATB 4 months ago. All that being said Crawford has a decent shot to beat Manny, but he has a bigger shot on losing. Plus pac could expose if his whiskers are real or not.

Manny sometimes struggling when he has to cut down the ring and that opponent is not Christopher Algieri.
He beat Bradley but imo the only time he beat him while he made it easy/effortless was the third time otherwise he had some problems with him, also we could see how he struggled and lost with Mayweather. Fighters like Maidana or DLH or past prime Cotto who all lost or in Maidana's case probably would have lost to Pac all gave harder nights to Floyd, that's also shows imo that May's style is all bad for Pacquiao.

Now Crawford like to fight on the counter more like Mayweather so doesn't necessarily just throws one-twos but also not o the JMM end of the things going toe-to-toe for minutes while countering. So somewhere between the two in this regard, maybe closer to May.

Crawford can be that if the want and he is also a very good counter puncher with pop in his hands. Take that and the fact that Pac is past prime and looking more vulnerable to rights ever since the JMM fight (Bradley rocked him, even Algieri rocked him one time which is imo arguably "worse" than if Gamboa rocks you.) and that Crawford is in his prime and looking better and better and more and more dominant every fight and you get that 50-50 which is already probably only 50-50 because of the respect toward Pac's career, achievements and resume but looking at their forms I'd rather give the edge to Crawford now.

If you say that we still don't know everything about Crawford then you're right but here comes my subjective opinion in the picture, the eye-test...

You're also right with telling that Manny can truly test his chin. But let's be honest, who Manny knocked out last time? When was that? 7 long years ago. And if he couldn't score that KO against Algieri I think Crawford would also last that 12.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
are they hinting that this could be at the Oracle?:gladbron:

EDIT: just saw they tryna have this in NYC.:francis:

if nyc ill try to make that the final boxing card this year for me to attend...i havent been to a boxing card thats going to be on ppv since 2001

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
might be a long shot but, i actually think espn has a better chance of picking up vargas-pacquaio than it being on showtime:manny: im coppin tickets but im curious what the undercard is gonna be for this shyt :jbhmm:

imo, kovalev-ward is better fit for barclays or msg, just anywhere but vegas. lmao, at duva wanting the fight at t-mobile. canelo couldn't sell out, ufc 200 couldn't sell out and even mcgregor-diaz II is having trouble selling tickets at t-mobile arena. honestly, what the fuk makes them think ward-kovalev is gonna do #'s at t-mobile or even mgm (crawford-postol couldn't sell out). ward-kovalev, has msg or barclays written all over it.

someone please get billy hoe saunders the fuk outta here :camby: how the fuk you turn down rosado :snoop:

stevens-lemieux :jbhmm: we just might eat real good off the one
slide_317276_2917102_free.gif

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
might be a long shot but, i actually think espn has a better chance of picking up vargas-pacquaio than it being on showtime:manny: im coppin tickets but im curious what the undercard is gonna be for this shyt :jbhmm:

imo, kovalev-ward is better fit for barclays or msg, just anywhere but vegas. lmao, at duva wanting the fight at t-mobile. canelo couldn't sell out, ufc 200 couldn't sell out and even mcgregor-diaz II is having trouble selling tickets at t-mobile arena. honestly, what the fuk makes them think ward-kovalev is gonna do #'s at t-mobile or even mgm (crawford-postol couldn't sell out). ward-kovalev, has msg or barclays written all over it.

someone please get billy hoe saunders the fuk outta here :camby: how the fuk you turn down rosado :snoop:

stevens-lemieux :jbhmm: we just might eat real good off the one
slide_317276_2917102_free.gif

Duva is out of her league

Have a fight press conference while missing half of the participants brehs :heh:

Then she got issues with Roc Nation N "doesn't know if the fight will be made"

bytch always runs to the media soon as there is a hiccup... She rather a fight not get done as long as shes first to say its not my fault :camby:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Billy Joe Saunders turned down a fight with Gabe Rosado :mjlol:
I think it was the bigger implication that has BJS scared. GB is trying to get BJS on the Canelo-Smith undercard, with an agreement in place for Canelo and BJS to fight in December (on regular HBO).

If we don't see BJS fighting on Canelo's undercard, we can assume he is about that duck life. It would be a duck vs. GGG and Canelo. Hope he gets upset by a bum, he won't ever fight a live body to defend that belt.

:francis:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I think it was the bigger implication that has BJS scared. GB is trying to get BJS on the Canelo-Smith undercard, with an agreement in place for Canelo and BJS to fight in December (on regular HBO).

If we don't see BJS fighting on Canelo's undercard, we can assume he is about that duck life. It would be a duck vs. GGG and Canelo. Hope he gets upset by a bum, he won't ever fight a live body to defend that belt.

:francis:
what's up with BJS? im sure he wants the home advantage..

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
what's up with BJS? im sure he wants the home advantage..
Well vs. GGG it was about the money, even though he was offered a career high payday, he wanted double that. Loeffler said after he worked out a back end deal to get BJS the money he wanted and they agreed to fight in the UK.

GB is basically trying to get BJS two high profile fights, but yes they would be in the US. He would be the undercard vs. an easy opponent on Canelo-Smith, then guaranteed a fight vs. Canelo if both won. That was probably his best financial option.

We will see...so far he has taken ZERO fights. He has turned down high level competition and money offers, but hasn't even replaced those with UK defenses vs. bums. His career path is making no sense right now.