Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Cotto unless he's massively regressed SHOULD knock out Peterson.

Why Peterson even getting hype like this anymore? Can't remember the last time he fought.
Lamont only claim to fame in the past couple of years is his amazing fight against danny. They should run that back. But danny was weight drained and I think danny is better since then tbh

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Cotto unless he's massively regressed SHOULD knock out Peterson.

Why Peterson even getting hype like this anymore? Can't remember the last time he fought.
He beat Danny on my scorecard, he fought really well there. He can pull out great performances and flat ones, depends on which version shows up. Also he was a big jr ww and now he is a normal ww so the size difference wouldn't be that big.
And Cotto is not all that anymore imo... He still has it and he would be the favourite of course but he's clearly past his prime and if he faces an opponent who knows how to smartly box from the outside then he's pretty lost. Austin Trout embarrassed him Peterson originally hs a different style but I wouldn't put Pederson so much behind Trout in terms of quality tbh...

I'd still favor Cotto but it would be a entertaining fight

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
He beat Danny on my scorecard, he fought really well there. He can pull out great performances and flat ones, depends on which version shows up. Also he was a big jr ww and now he is a normal ww so the size difference wouldn't be that big.
And Cotto is not all that anymore imo... He still has it and he would be the favourite of course but he's clearly past his prime and if he faces an opponent who knows how to smartly box from the outside then he's pretty lost. Austin Trout embarrassed him Peterson originally hs a different style but I wouldn't put Pederson so much behind Trout in terms of quality tbh...

I'd still favor Cotto but it would be a entertaining fight
Yeah put this shot in NY and I think it do numbers. Imma hope for cotto to win. I really want that cotton fight for Danny

#SOG_soldier

Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
When Lamont Peterson beats Miguel Cotto:wow:
Without pedo I don't think he will beat the roach version of cotto. Cotton has rediscovered his left hook, I can see him koing lamont at this point. I haven't been impressed with lamont since he fought the future goat pr fighter

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
When Lamont Peterson beats Miguel Cotto:wow:
Maybe the PEDerson version who showed up against Swift.

Remember Lamont isn't exactly 'big' Cotto's last fight was against Canelo at 157 (I think), and has been recently seen knocking out MW kangaroo catchers.

So we'll see. There's been so much fukkery going on with Cotto recently, any word @MIAlien ?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Without pedo I don't think he will beat the roach version of cotto. Cotton has rediscovered his left hook, I can see him koing lamont at this point. I haven't been impressed with lamont since he fought the future goat pr fighter
Maybe the PEDerson version who showed up against Swift.

Remember Lamont isn't exactly 'big' Cotto's last fight was against Canelo at 157 (I think), and has been recently seen knocking out MW kangaroo catchers.

So we'll see. There's been so much fukkery going on with Cotto recently, any word @MIAlien ?

The fact Austin Trout gave him that work gives me reason to believe King Pete can do the same:manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Irish medal-contending boxer Michael O'Reilly fails pre-Olympic drug test
4d1392f0-1d26-11e6-8b32-397190d1f8e0_2576c5773ff5c0eb07d9ce4e7f169592.jpg

Kevin Iole
Aug 05, 2016 12:48 PM
9923ca85acf3b4dfb81227ec37c52b35

RIO DE JANEIRO – Michael O’Reilly of Ireland, a medal contender at middleweight, failed a pre-Olympic drug test and has been provisionally suspended by the International Amateur Boxing Association.

O’Reilly’s A sample was positive and he has the right to have the B sample tested. If the B sample confirms the A result, O’Reilly will be removed from the tournament.

The substance he allegedly tested positive for was not released.

In Thursday’s draw, O’Reilly was given a bye into the second round. He’s supposed to fight for the first time on Aug. 12 against the winner of a bout between Mexico’s Misael Rodriguez and Waheed Karaawi of Iraq. The Rodriguez-Karaawi bout is set for Tuesday.

The Irish Athletic Boxing Association released a statement acknowledging the failure. O’Reilly is not eligible to train with the team during the temporary suspension.

“The Irish Athletic Boxing Association has always maintained a zero tolerance approach to doping and Irish Boxing has been one of the most widely tested sports by the National Anti-Doping Program over the last number of years.

“AIBA’s policy is that doping is contrary to the spirit of sport and every member of the association has a duty to ensure that the sport is free of doping. We ensure our boxers are available for testing in and out of competition.”

Irish medal-contending boxer Michael O'Reilly fails pre-Olympic drug test

Try to cheat your way to a Gold medal brehs:snoop:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Moroccan boxer arrested, removed from Olympics after alleged sexual assaults
4d1392f0-1d26-11e6-8b32-397190d1f8e0_2576c5773ff5c0eb07d9ce4e7f169592.jpg

Kevin Iole
Aug 05, 2016 12:24 PM

a493fa93f103868abcd23a5baa6ba73b

RIO DE JANEIRO – A light heavyweight boxer from Morocco was ousted from the Olympics on Friday, hours after he was suspected of sexually assaulting two waitresses in the Olympic Village.

Hassan Saada, 22, was arrested by police here Friday. The incident is alleged to have occurred on Wednesday.

Saada was scheduled to box on Saturday in the opening round of the light heavyweight tournament. Not a medal favorite, he was set to meet Mehmet Nadir of Turkey in a bout that was scheduled to begin Saturday at 11:30 a.m. ET.

Nadir will advanced to meet top-seeded Julio Cesar La Cruz of Cuba on Wednesday.

A spokesperson for the Moroccan Olympic Committee failed to return a message. AIBA, which runs the Olympic boxing tournament, released a brief statement.

“AIBA has taken note of the serious allegations made against a Moroccan boxer who was due to compete at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games,” Nicolas Jomard, the senior corporate and media relations manager for AIBA, said in a statement given to Yahoo Sports. “We understand that the situation is being dealt with by the local Brazilian authorities and have complete confidence that they will handle the matter appropriately. AIBA will not make any further comments at this time and asks that the media direct any queries on this subject to the Moroccan NOC.”

According to Brazilian law, Saada will be jailed for 15 days while a rape investigation is conducted.

Saada fought twice in the World Series of Boxing, the semi-pro series run by AIBA. He was 1-1. He won a decision over England’s Thomas Whitaker-Hart on Feb. 5, and was stopped in the third round by Jonathan Esquivel of the U.S. on April 1.

Moroccan boxer arrested, removed from Olympics after alleged sexual assaults

:snoop:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
PED was gassed N getting bullied in his last fight vs Diaz...he looked much different then he had against DSG

Add over a yr of inactivity... God knows how he's goin look

Can't make 140 anymore...WBC yr round testing champs N top 15...so no more gaining 25 pounds in 24 hrs with A++ stamina

PED cashing out vs Cotto :beli:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Soooooo Salido is bytching about the $$$ for a Loma rematch

His team says they were offered less then "bum Martinez"

Very interesting how not a god damn soul is telling Salido "jus take the money" or "he's ducking" :jbhmm:

Spoonface retweeting Team Salido N replying "Orale" instead tho :dead:

Bet anything if it was Trex arms Spoonface would be singing a different tune tho :aicmon:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Joe Smith Jr. is in talks with Jean Pascal for a possible fall fight

Joe Smith Jr. is in preliminary talks to face former titleholder Jean Pascal in a possible fall clash, Smith’s promoter Joe DeGuardia told RingTV.com.

DeGuardia rejected the idea that Smith would face former Olympic bronze medalist Oleksandr Gvozdyk in a WBC world title eliminator, saying the WBC had not yet formally mandated the match. Smith is currently rated No. 2 in the WBC’s light heavyweight ratings while the Ukrainian Gvozdyk is No. 6

Rather, DeGuardia said he’s working on a possible fight with Pascal for Smith if a bout with WBC light heavyweight titleholder Adonis Stevenson can’t be made. DeGuardia also mentioned Yunieski Gonzalez, another fighter he promotes who lost to Pascal in 2015, and even fellow Long Islander Seanie Monaghan, as possible back-up options.

Smith (22-1, 18 knockouts) is a hot commodity after his shocking first-round knockout of heavily favored Andrezej Fonfara in June. Stevenson (28-1, 23 KOs) is coming off a fun fourth-round stoppage of Thomas Williams Jr. last Friday. Pascal, 33, was thrashed in seven rounds by unified champion Sergey Kovalev in January.

“Right now we’re waiting to see a couple options and we’re trying to figure out the best scenario for him,” DeGardia said in a phone interview. “He had a spectacular win and certainly we’re looking for the biggest fights out there. Right now I’d love to see Joe fight Adonis Stevenson so if they’re going to order something that’s what I would hope they would order.”