Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
@Newzz @krackdagawd I heard with the roc nation COO leaving

The person negotiating on behalf of Ward

Is a Duva :damn:

:mindblown:

YAWN said:
Broner on the #1 radio show said "I'd fukk Crawford Up" and Crawford agreed with that sentiment
naw he didn't agee that broner beats him. just that every fighter supposed to feel they can beat anyone.

craw team came out and said broner dont want it...so I doubt either camp feels like the other would lose right now..lol

Yall both right which is why it's crazy that the Quackiao/Crawford stan doesn't remember that. Crawford nor Broner has ever mentioned the other in a way that would make it seem they wouldn't fight each other or are scared of each other (trust me, if Crawford did, I would've been exposed it:heh:).

They just seem to both co-exist and don't step on the other's toes:manny:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
:mindblown:

Yall both right which is why it's crazy that the Quackiao/Crawford stan doesn't remember that. Crawford nor Broner has ever mentioned the other in a way that would make it seem they wouldn't fight each other or are scared of each other (trust me, if Crawford did, I would've been exposed it:heh:).

They just seem to both co-exist and don't step on the other's toes:manny:

ignore him when it comes to him being fan of Crawford.(or any other fighter in his sig)

its a façade to make us believe that he doesn't worship Muhammad quack-ali every day of his life.:mjlol:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
naw he didn't agee that broner beats him. just that every fighter supposed to feel they can beat anyone.

craw team came out and said broner dont want it...so I doubt either camp feels like the other would lose right now..lol

Sentiment - a view of or attitude toward a situation or event; an opinion.

Crawford agreed that Broner is posed to feel like that so he agreed with Broner's sentiment

:why: :why: :why:

where is the breh @MIAlien to make sense of this :mjcry:

We was all happy when he gave us Ward's return arrangement but noone could've imagined it'd play out like this

Ward getting money but roc nation struggling with hbo to pay for good opps and keep Ward on air

His first PPV is about to be crippled with the return of :deadmanny:2 weeks earlier

And now he gotta Duva negotiating with another Duva on his behalf :mjcry:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I actually didn't have a problem with Vargas-Brook. Vargas has been looking pretty good his last couple of fights and Brook really didn't have an opponent at 147 ready to fight. Outside of Porter, who has Brook really fought at 147? Vargas would have given Brook the option to be the A-side in a UK fight and make more money than he could in the states. It was a decent fight...better than a lot of what gets passed off.

Pacquiao on the other hand either needs a top level opponent or a fight that can sell PPV. His situation is different than Brook's. With Mayweather retired Pacquaio is the kingpin of the division. Manny has done enough and is in semi-retirement mode, so I can cut him slack if he doesn't want to fight the #1 contender. Let's not act like TR and Manny don't need a successful PPV. If you aren't going to fight a top tiered opponent in skill, get a guy that can sell. I don't think Vargas covers either option for Pacquiao.

Edit: Oh @Newzz, I like the idea of Canelo fighting BJS. I don't think GGG can convince BJS to fight him, but I bet Canelo can. Canelo is the one opponent who can supply BJS the absurd amount of money he wants to get in the ring. Plus, the Canelo-GGG fight really didn't need building from a hype standpoint IMO, but Canelo-BJS actually does make my past opinion outdated and will build hype (assuming Canelo gets in the ring by next fall). Canelo can lift BJS title, have the one belt GGG doesn't have and then they can meet up for a unification. :blessed:

Last edited:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can also say the same thing about Mora prolly being able to KO Jacobs

this is still :francis:

7gOnX2.gif
He caught him no doubt, but Danny dominated him after that

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Sentiment - a view of or attitude toward a situation or event; an opinion.

Crawford agreed that Broner is posed to feel like that so he agreed with Broner's sentiment

We was all happy when he gave us Ward's return arrangement but noone could've imagined it'd play out like this

Ward getting money but roc nation struggling with hbo to pay for good opps and keep Ward on air

His first PPV is about to be crippled with the return of :deadmanny:2 weeks earlier

And now he gotta Duva negotiating with another Duva on his behalf :mjcry:

I ain't worried about SOG personally :manny:

Dude is collecting his checks (which are still very nice), beating LHW's into submission, or blanking them, while being the p4p #1, fighting on HBO and about to headline a PPV.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
@Newzz you think Biscuits is gonna be able to fight at 140 again? Especially after coming out of county? Especially if the opponents T-Craw?

I never heard Crawford wouldn't fight past 140, but I wouldn't be totally shocked. I don't think he will carry his power that well tbh, and rumors of a shaky beard.

Yeah...I think he will fight at 140 again, because it's his peak class as an A fighter.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I actually didn't have a problem with Vargas-Brook. Vargas has been looking pretty good his last couple of fights and Brook really didn't have an opponent at 147 ready to fight.

Dap/undap for Vargas support

He looked good in ONE fight, against Sadam Ali. Prior to that was seen getting dominated by BATB.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 8/4:

- Didn't have a problem with the 117-111 score for Frampton. The rounds and fight were close, so if you gave an extra round or two for Frampton it isn't a big deal.
- Rewatched LSC-Frampton and scored it the same as his initial card: 115-113 for Frampton.
- The ropes held LSC up in the second round and Frampton should have been credited with a KD.
- Frampton is the current leader for fighter of the year.
- Carl fought a very good fight, showed a lot of diversity. LSC is pretty one-dimensional, always has been, but it is a good dimension to have.
- Rematch of LSC vs. Mares? Same result as the first fight.
- Doesn't think we need a tournament for Frampton, LSC, Selby, and GRJ, because he believes they will naturally make matches with each other and all are with Haymon.
- Still has Vargas vs. Salido as his best fight of the year. Frampton vs. LSC is second.
- Two best crowds of the year were probably Vargas-Salido and Frampton-LSC.
- There are talks to have Saunders on the undercard of Canelo-Smith. If BJS is on the undercard there will be a contract in place for Canelo and BJS to fight in December on HBO (not PPV).
- Hearing Rosado's name as one opponent mentioned for BJS if he fights on Canelo's undercard.
- Fighting BJS would allow Canelo to grow into 160 before fighting GGG. It would be following his word of his plan to fight GGG.
- JoJo Diaz will be on the Canelo undercard.
- Predictions of PPV sales of Canelo-Smith? 350k.
- It is up to Arum to get Crawford another fight on HBO this fall. Wouldn't be shocked to see him take his mandatory vs. Orozco.
- Could you see Crawford becoming an avoided opponent? Yes.
- Nothing official on Crawford vs. Postol PPV numbers, but he is hearing around 48k buys.
- Compares Salido to Glen Johnson's career. A lot of losses, but got robbed in a few of them and had some huge wins to the point where he was once named fighter of the year.
- Mikey Garcia vs. Lomachenko? Mikey is obviously bigger, but if the fight takes place in the lower 130's he picks Loma because he is a beast of epic proportions. Believes Loma beats anyone from 126-135.
- Told that Salido and Lomachenko are talking, but nothing official yet.
- Frampton vs. Valdez? Not sure who wins, but make the fight!
- Has only heard Arum say he can work with Haymon, Haymon has not said anything. He is skeptical until a fight is actually made that they will work together.
- Asked Shaw about Bryant Jennings and he doesn't have anything going on. Unlikely he fights the rest of this year.
- Supposedly Kirkland is training with Wolfe, but believes a Kirkland-Cotto fight is horrible. Kirkland has been inactive and got put to sleep by Canelo. Pointless fight, especially if it is on PPV.
- Cotto's next fight quite possibly could be in Florida at Marlin's Stadium.
- Every day that goes by and JMM isn't fighting probably means he is closer to retiring.
- Really wanted to see Cotto vs. JMM.
- Cotto vs. Lara is a bad fight.
- Would prefer to see Cotto vs. Bradley, than Cotto vs. Kirkland. TR and Roc Nation might not want to work together though.
- Eubank ducked GGG.
- GGG vs. Julian Jackson? GGG. Great power and good chin vs. great power and bad chin.
- The only fighter his son knows by name is GGG.
- When Arum mentioned potential opponents for Pacquiao to him, the least interesting name was Vargas, which made him believe that was who they were going to select. In his last fight Arum told him they were looking at Khan, Bradley, and Crawford, and Bradley was the least interesting name and they chose him as well.
- The best part of Pacquiao vs. Vargas is that Vargas is a nice guy who really wants the fight.
- By fighting Vargas, does this mean Arum is building Pacquaio-Crawford for 2017? Arum is holding out hope for Mayweather-Pacquiao 2 in 2017.
- Would HBO go forward with 3 PPV's in 6 weeks? Doubtful.
- If Pacquiao fights Nov. 5 it will be on PPV, but if it will be on HBO PPV is still undecided.
- Putting Lomachenko vs. Salido 2 as the co-feature to Pacquiao vs. Vargas would be a good idea.
- Next for Donaire is probably his mandatory vs. Magdaleno.
- Most intense boxer to interview? Hopkins.
- Hopkins still says he wants one more fight.
- Crolla vs. Linares will be on AWE (formerly WealthTV).
- If you could buy only 1 PPV he prefers Ward-Kovalev over Canelo-Smith and Pacquiao-Vargas.
- More awful to watch: Rigo or John Ruiz? Rigo.
- Not sure where Lamont Peterson is.
- In ESPN's story on Lou DiBella he says he will be out of boxing in 5 years, agree or disagree? Disagree. Lou is a lifer and he knows it. He just needs to admit it.
- Flanagan vs. Verdejo? It is possible to make, but doubtful TR wants to throw Verdejo into that kind of fight yet.
- A lot of people will hate on Garcia vs. Berto and he understands it. When the bell rings though, the fight should actually be entertaining. The plan is supposed to be that Garcia and Thurman meet after that fight, so he is even more okay with Garcia-Berto knowing that, since Thurman will be out of action for a bit.
- Joshua's next fight won't be in the US, but his first fight in 2017 could be.
- Tarver's rant on PED's? Doesn't believe anything he said.
- Pacquiao vs. Canelo or Canelo vs. GGG? Canelo-GGG.
- No news if Glowacki vs. Usyk will be on US TV.
- If Stevenson fought Pascal would it be a credible opponent? No. Pascal is done.
- Fury's drug test situation is very confusing and has a lot of unanswered questions.
- Not a bad idea for Klitschko to take a tune up fight as he waits for Fury, but doesn't think it is contractually doable.
- Commey vs. Easter? Great fight, tough to pick, but leaning toward Easter because of his height, reach, power, and being 4 years younger.

Last edited:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dap/undap for Vargas support

He looked good in ONE fight, against Sadam Ali. Prior to that was seen getting dominated by BATB.
I agree in that Vargas was dominated by Bradley. My point is that Brook vs. Vargas wasn't a bad fight. My logic more qualified it to Brook than the Vargas side. Brook seems to get love as being one of the heir apparents at 147, which he definitely could be, but his only real fight has been Porter. Vargas wouldn't have been a bad fight and considering Brook's resume, actually would have made it better.
Plus I am not sure who really was out there better than Vargas. Seemed like a lot of guys were busy or not wanting to fight him in England. Except for Spence. :sas2:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
how many of yall buying that pac vargas ppv?

I heard salido-loma might be on undercard.

gotta see how that undercard looks..but salido has been putting in work for a min to give us quality fights so i have no problem paying for it if hes on the undercard