Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I just think Ward couldve been a much bigger star given his talent. He strikes me as a guy who is pretty shrewd. The promotional issues may have been just as much on him as on Goosen. I havent been keeping up with the game much in the past couple of years but from what I can see, RNS isnt that good, particularly not when it comes to boxing. Nevertheless, part of the problem is the opponents they are bringing in for Ward. If he is P4P, he has to be fighting some better names at least. Beyond of his talent, he doesnt appear to be very marketable at all outside of Oakland.

pretty much the roc nation boxing cards have been lackluster outside of the canelo-cotto fight..they are like the less interesting 2010s version of KO nation lol

but yeah there is something wrong when someone who is perceived as the p4p #1 in boxing is facing someone like this on some real shyt

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I just think Ward couldve been a much bigger star given his talent. He strikes me as a guy who is pretty shrewd. The promotional issues may have been just as much on him as on Goosen. I havent been keeping up with the game much in the past couple of years but from what I can see, RNS isnt that good, particularly not when it comes to boxing. Nevertheless, part of the problem is the opponents they are bringing in for Ward. If he is P4P, he has to be fighting some better names at least. Beyond of his talent, he doesnt appear to be very marketable at all outside of Oakland.

They tried too. It was supposed to be 3 tune-ups with Andre Ward vs Paul Smith, followed by Andre Ward vs Sullivan Barrera (IBF #1), then Andre Ward vs Erik Skoglund (IBF #3) & finalized with Andre Ward vs Sergey Kovalev (IBF Light Heavyweight Champion)....but Skoglund and his team turned the fight down at the last minute which led to Ward vs Brand.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
not at all...you going to that?

Nope.

Just came back from a week long vacay.
Going to the Drake/Future concert next Saturday.
Gotta buy kids school clothes/supplies bc they go back to school in 18 days.
Son birthday is on 9/5.
Wife's birthday is on 9/20.

Im not going to be able to do it....I mean I COULD, but bc my Wife's b-day is coming up (and she already hinted around to me that she wants me to take her on a shopping spree), Im gonna have to pass to make sure my Baby get what she deserves:manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Floyd Berto was Just a fight for to complete his contract. He fought canelo, maidana twice and then pacquaio. He really had nothing to prove.

If floyd were to come back and face a fighter if Vargas quality, he would get hated on as well

what should have floyd done after pacquiao:

keep the wbo belt - he wasn't defending or giving a damn about the 154 belts he had and had the division in a stagnant state. look what happened when those belts were free, 154 gotta shot of life..yes floyd is a big reason why 154 was lackluster for a minute

go after the other lone undefeated welterweight champion kell brook ..for a guy who always talked to about being appreciated overseas, he never fought there..it would have been better business financially and the card on paper would be pure quality..he beats kell and bam undisputed welterweight champion

perfect way to go out..instead of giving a rub to a guy, a cheater, who frankly didn't deserve it because he blew his 2 other legit chances at a fight with floyd

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nope.

Just came back from a week long vacay.
Going to the Drake/Future concert next Saturday.
Gotta buy kids school clothes/supplies bc they go back to school in 18 days.
Son birthday is on 9/5.
Wife's birthday is on 9/20.

Im not going to be able to do it....I mean I COULD, but bc my Wife's b-day is coming up (and she already hinted around to me that she wants me to take her on a shopping spree), Im gonna have to pass to make sure my Baby get what she deserves:manny:

i hear that...im out of the office from 8-26 to 9-6..week overseas with my lady...if that fight was on a saturday, i wouldve taken an evening flight or red eye to catch that card..but friday can't do that..i know ill be too backed up that week when i come back..oh well lol

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold

keep the wbo belt - he wasn't defending or giving a damn about the 154 belts he had and had the division in a stagnant state. look what happened when those belts were free, 154 gotta shot of life..yes floyd is a big reason why 154 was lackluster for a minute

go after the other lone undefeated welterweight champion kell brook ..for a guy who always talked to about being appreciated overseas, he never fought there..it would have been better business financially and the card on paper would be pure quality..he beats kell and bam undisputed welterweight champion

perfect way to go out..instead of giving a rub to a guy, a cheater, who frankly didn't deserve it because he blew his 2 other legit chances at a fight with floyd

Yeah would've loved to see Floyd go overseas and give Brook or Khan an L on the way out. That Berto fight was so forgettable it was like Tito fighting Cherifi and disappearing for 2 years

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
BJ Saunders and Canelo Alvarez are in talks for a December HBO fight
Mitch Abramson
August 4, 2016

Billy Joe Saunders and Canelo Alvarez are in talks to potentially meet in December in a middleweight title fight on HBO, Golden Boy VP Eric Gomez told RingTV.com.

Saunders’ reps are in discussions with Golden Boy about making his 2016 debut on the undercard of Alvarez’s junior middleweight title fight with Liam Smith at AT&T Stadium on HBO PPV on Sept. 17. Part of the parameters of the talks include a possible deal for Alvarez (47-1-1, 33 knockouts) to challenge Saunders (23-0, 12 KOs) for his WBO middleweight title in December if both are successful next month, Gomez confirmed, describing that as one possible scenario.

Gomez said a fight with Saunders at 160 pounds, while being a significant match-up, would also elevate Canelo’s preparation for a possible fall of 2017 showdown with middleweight unified champion Gennady Golovkin.

Golden Boy and Saunders’ promoter Frank Warren have been discussing these possibilities for a few weeks now with the 26-year-old boxers and Gomez seemed encouraged by the direction of the talks in a phone interview on Wednesday night.
Saunders last fought in December when he won a majority decision against Andy Lee for the WBO title in Manchester, England. Saunders pulled out of a scheduled April 30 fight with Max Bursak because of a hand injury. For his part, Alvarez blasted Amir Khan in the sixth round in May.

BJ Saunders and Canelo Alvarez are in talks for a December HBO fight - Ring TV

Canelo about to end 2017 as the WBO Junior Middleweight Champion, WBO Middleweight Champion, and RING/Lineal Middleweight Champion:wow:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Retiring undisputed would of been dope
I can't even front

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Andre Ward hasn't fought a noteworthy opponent in 4 years. After the Super Six and the Dawson fight he was well on his way. Then it's a year to fight Edwin Rodriguez, and basically two years to fight Paul Smith. No one on the come up (star wise) can have a 4 year lull between big fights and continue rising. And let's be clear, it's not like Andre is Roy Jones'ing these dudes out of here. He can be a good fighter to watch, but not one that the casual viewer will ever shell out money to see slap up just another top ten contender.

Before his fight with Burgos people were drawing parallels between Mikey's MSG debut and Oscar's, two years of nothing later and his comeback fight is on an undercard.

The Kovalev fight should get Andre back to where he was in 2012, after that he's gotta stay active and have another big fight around the corner to build from that. Dude is 32 with PPV star potential, if his next fight after Kovalev is Rodriguez or Brand situation in Oakland, then he's playing himself again. He needs to do what no has been able to do thus far and dial up a LHW unification fight.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pacquaio sxared of Crawford like I've been saying for a year
That would make 2 of my fighters that he wanted no part of, filed and understood :mjlol:

yeah, but his manager even said they didnt pick Crawford because of the style. I am positive Bud would beat Manny. I definitely dont want to take anything away from Manny but he has had most success when using his explosive bursts against guys who cant really avoid it. The same movement Floyd frustrated him with is the same movement Bud would use. Bud a bigger puncher than Floyd though... In the higher weights, Manny hasnt been able to knock guys out. Also, chances dont look good for him going up against a strong counter puncher (see JMM), especially one with power.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They tried too. It was supposed to be 3 tune-ups with Andre Ward vs Paul Smith, followed by Andre Ward vs Sullivan Barrera (IBF #1), then Andre Ward vs Erik Skoglund (IBF #3) & finalized with Andre Ward vs Sergey Kovalev (IBF Light Heavyweight Champion)....but Skoglund and his team turned the fight down at the last minute which led to Ward vs Brand.

that cant be an excuse though. and the networks hold a lot of the blame here. they approve some b.s. opponents for some guys but not for others. there are just too many fighters out there that they couldve gotten or rescheduled around than the ancient Brand who's only notable name on his resume, he lost to. I know they hold dates for him and he wants to stay on track, but sometimes its better to sit it out sometimes. God forbid he gets injured against this bum.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
that cant be an excuse though. and the networks hold a lot of the blame here. they approve some b.s. opponents for some guys but not for others. there are just too many fighters out there that they couldve gotten or rescheduled around than the ancient Brand who's only notable name on his resume, he lost to. I know they hold dates for him and he wants to stay on track, but sometimes its better to sit it out sometimes. God forbid he gets injured against this bum.

true:ehh: