Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I bring this up every year, but I will NEVER understand why nyggas complained about the super 6 saying it was too long. I don't get it, considering the alternative is the usual "cherrypick, until a big fight comes up" approach that everyone takes. Nyggas wanted a winner declared so bad, that they lose sight of the fact that a lot of those fights probably would have never happened. They also lose sight of the fact once a winner is declared, the division goes right back to the bullshyt. I will gladly watch a tournament that takes 3 years with the top fighters banging it out.

Listen, they had no idea Ward was that good. If they knew he was that good back then, he would have been ducked. Am I lying?

In fact, there are quite a few divisions out there that could use a super 6 to generate some interest.
I think now with some of he big stars out of the game it's more possible that they will fight against each other (good fighters) because there's nobody they can duck the others for. There are a few exceptions of course but overall... The only bigger star now s Canelo

Now from the 12 weightclasses (122 and up) only two are bad/weak imo (160, 168) the others are at least solid and good matchups started to happen more frequently
HW rose from the dead after a long time
cruiser and lhw also became hot
sww and ww were strong anyways, former jut got even stonger, while later is maybe not as strong a it was 4 years ago but still strong af.
jww was also stronger a few years ago but still a solid, good weightclass
lightweight was a dead af weightclass in recent years and I doN't say that now it's the liveliest but state to get better and it's solid.
130 and 126 are very good
122 is also a nice weightclass even though it was better 2 years ago

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
That WBA heavyweight title tournament is falling apart...Ortiz-ustinov is off, who knows when Wlad-Fury 2 will happen, chagaev got his belt back after Browne popped dirty but retires due to eye problems , and somehow fres oquendo is an even better position to pick up one of these WBA belts..possibly without winning it in the ring :francis:
Chagaev went missing and got stripped..... Fres got an auto-bye to the finals :ehh:

....I still aint forgot that Byrd decision :pacspit:

Fury/Wlad couldn't care less

Ustinov in the cut like :lupe:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Chagaev went missing and got stripped..... Fres got an auto-bye to the finals :ehh:

....I still aint forgot that Byrd decision :pacspit:

Fury/Wlad couldn't care less

Ustinov in the cut like :lupe:

i had a little back and forth with @LauderdaleBoss on Fres vs Byrd when i was discussing on how byrd got gifts on every title defense he had except the TOS fight..even rewatched to rescore..here was my post

Chris - rounds 1,6,10,11,12
Fres - rounds 2,3,4,5,7,8,9

Fres 115-113

I thought Fres put in work in the majority of the early and middle rounds and made it awkward for Chris..Chris couldn't hurt him..however I do think Fres should have been docked points for the rabbit punching and shyt...ill never forget how he basically ended the fight with mo harris with a chop to the back of the head and got away with that as a KO :scust:..however Fres gassed late as usual..and Byrd won the last 3 rounds...basically doing what he did against mccline in trying to really score a late round KO..i had forgot that Fres might have actually scored a KD late but it was ruled a slip :mjpls:

well whoever ends up with that WBA belt after this whole mess couldn't be anymore of an eyesore champion than charles martin was lol

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
i had a little back and forth with @LauderdaleBoss on Fres vs Byrd when i was discussing on how byrd got gifts on every title defense he had except the TOS fight..even rewatched to rescore..here was my post

well whoever ends up with that WBA belt after this whole mess couldn't be anymore of an eyesore champion than charles martin was lol
We scored it the same.....

You feel that the Golota fight was a gift too?

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL

:mjcry:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

dope post

10. Tyson vs Tua - :patrice:.At what point though?
9. Hatton vs Witter - as much as i dont like hatton and think he is overrated, i never rated witter at all..i guess this was a bigger fight at the UK level if anything :manny:
8. Toney vs. Jackson - i have no idea why don king never put Julian in the mix with the other top middles...i love julian but toney would have taken him apart in a competitive fight (barring being drained trying to make 160)
7. Calzaghe vs Froch - I would have loved to see this...I still have all the Super 6 six behind the scene episodes downloaded on my hub...Froch was shytting on Joe left and right in some of them..comedy
6. Jones vs Benn - This would have been a good fight before Benn-McClellan...Benn was finished after that fight..he wasn't going to beat a prime Roy at that weight and diminished
5. Lewis vs Vitali 2 - This should have happened..Lewis escaped with a W..that fluky cut was :huhldup:
4. Margarito vs Floyd - should have happened too..regardless of what people think of Margarito he was a very dangerous Welterweight in his prime
3. Duran vs Arguello - :patrice: at what division? i dont think they were even in the same divisions at any point of their career unless im wrong
2. Leonard vs Pryor - Sugar Ray didn't want no parts of this nikka
1. Bowe vs Lewis - The only 90s Heavyweight superfight that didn't happen...its a shame

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
god damn Adonis Stevenson has hell for upcoming mandatories.:wow:

1. Eleider Alvarez
2. Joe Smith Jr.
3. Artur Beterbiev
4. Andre Ward
5. Vyacheslav Shabranskyy
6. Oleksandr Gvozdyk
He knocks out Alvarez and Smith Jr. rather easily.

But when he gets to #BeterBeast that's when we'll know whasup........Provided Beast doesn't fight Ward after he snatches Klansmans belt