Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
That WBA heavyweight title tournament is falling apart...Ortiz-ustinov is off, who knows when Wlad-Fury 2 will happen, chagaev got his belt back after Browne popped dirty but retires due to eye problems , and somehow fres oquendo is an even better position to pick up one of these WBA belts..possibly without winning it in the ring :francis:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bring this up every year, but I will NEVER understand why nyggas complained about the super 6 saying it was too long. I don't get it, considering the alternative is the usual "cherrypick, until a big fight comes up" approach that everyone takes. Nyggas wanted a winner declared so bad, that they lose sight of the fact that a lot of those fights probably would have never happened. They also lose sight of the fact once a winner is declared, the division goes right back to the bullshyt. I will gladly watch a tournament that takes 3 years with the top fighters banging it out.

Listen, they had no idea Ward was that good. If they knew he was that good back then, he would have been ducked. Am I lying?

In fact, there are quite a few divisions out there that could use a super 6 to generate some interest.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
its been since 2006 since we have had a unified champ which was zab. another unified champ in 06 was in the cruiserweight division.(can u guess who it was @patscorpio lol)

so I wouldn't mind Crawford going out to unify all the titles...would be a good look towards history.lol
Yeah I agree t craw sould snatch all them belts. I hope he eventually fight mikey g that's a dope fight imo

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I bring this up every year, but I will NEVER understand why nyggas complained about the super 6 saying it was too long. I don't get it, considering the alternative is the usual "cherrypick, until a big fight comes up" approach that everyone takes. Nyggas wanted a winner declared so bad, that they lose sight of the fact that a lot of those fights probably would have never happened. They also lose sight of the fact once a winner is declared, the division goes right back to the bullshyt. I will gladly watch a tournament that takes 3 years with the top fighters banging it out.

Listen, they had no idea Ward was that good. If they knew he was that good back then, he would have been ducked. Am I lying?

In fact, there are quite a few divisions out there that could use a super 6 to generate some interest.

All of them needed. Bunch of fakkits just ducking each other.