Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
But they are...yall just won't acknowledge it:manny:

For example, in just July alone we have had Top 10 matchups of:

WBC Heavyweight Champion vs #9 ranked WBC Heavyweight contender

WBC #9 ranked Welterweight vs WBC #10 ranked Junior Welterweight

IBF #4 ranked Middleweight vs IBF #8 ranked Middleweight

WBO Junior Welterweight Champion vs WBC Junior Welterweight Champion in an unification bout

WBC #1 ranked Featherweight vs WBC #2 ranked Featherweight

WBC Light Heavyweight Champion vs WBC #8 ranked Light Heavyweight

WBA Featherweight Champion vs WBA #2 ranked Featherweight

But I'll let the haters of Boxing continue to tell the public that matchups of top tier Boxers aren't happening even though that's 7 matchups of Top 10 ranked Boxers in a 30 day window....including matchups of Champion vs Champion, Champion vs #2, & #1 vs #2:manny:

I knew that my homie would chime in. Of course you know that Im not a hater of boxing, first of all.

With that said, when your '#4 IBF middleweight' (Sergiy Derevyanchenko, for those who dont know) is ranked #11 by the WBC and UNRANKED by the WBA and WBO, it defeats the argument. Sam Soliman, the supposed #8 you speak of, is UNRANKED by all other 3 bodies. GGG, who holds 3 titles, is unranked by the WBO for whatever reason. Boxing rankings dont mean anything. If we are gonna thrown #4 vs #8 around, it needs to be worldwide concensus ranking, not just 1 of 4. Cant take that seriously.

Thomas Williams, who fought hard last night against Stevenson and gave an entertaining fight, as you say, is ranked #8 by the WBC, but UNRANKED in all other 3 companies. His #8 ranking is literally there for you and others to say it was a top 10 fight last night. If not, he would be at least Top 12-15 in all rankings.

Its not hate of boxing, its corruption of boxing. We are all fans of the sport, but we want actual top flight matchups, not fake, inflated rankings to make it look like one.

Edit: Hold up, did you seriously big up Chris Arreola in your argument as a ranked fighter? In what world is he a Top 10 heavyweight right now?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I knew that my homie would chime in. Of course you know that Im not a hater of boxing, first of all.

I know you're not a Boxing hater

With that said, when your '#4 IBF middleweight' (Sergiy Derevyanchenko, for those who dont know) is ranked #11 by the WBC and UNRANKED by the WBA and WBO, it defeats the argument.

No it doesn't, because each Boxing organization makes its own rankings based upon who's registered themselves to be sanctioned to fight under their ranking system & their recent resume...just like each MMA organization does (UFC rankings dont = Bellator rankings)

Sam Soliman, the supposed #8 you speak of, is UNRANKED by all other 3 bodies.
Maybe he doesn't pay the fees to be ranked by them or they don't feel he's a Top 10 fighter....doesn't mean he's not one (Vitaly Minakov isn't ranked by the UFC...does that mean he's not a Top 10 Heavyweight?)

GGG, who holds 3 titles, is unranked by the WBO for whatever reason.
Champions of organizations can't be ranked by other organizations

Boxing rankings dont mean anything.

They actually mean everything...that's how you get title shots or mandatory fights.

If we are gonna thrown #4 vs #8 around, it needs to be worldwide concensus ranking, not just 1 of 4. Cant take that seriously.

There is no combat sport that has a worldwide consensus ranking base. Not MMA, not Boxing.

Thomas Williams, who fought hard last night against Stevenson and gave an entertaining fight, as you say, is ranked #8 by the WBC, but UNRANKED in all other 3 companies. His #8 ranking is literally there for you and others to say it was a top 10 fight last night. If not, he would be at least Top 12-15 in all rankings.

*See my Sam Soliman response*

Its not hate of boxing, its corruption of boxing. We are all fans of the sport, but we want actual top flight matchups, not fake, inflated rankings to make it look like one.

Edit: Hold up, did you seriously big up Chris Arreola in your argument as a ranked fighter? In what world is he a Top 10 heavyweight right now?

Chris Arreola was ranked #9 WBC Heavyweight with a record showing he only lost 4 of 41 career fights...Mark Hunt was ranked #8 UFC Heavyweight with a record showing he lost 10 of 23 career fights.:patrice:

Which one sounds more ridiculous? :jbhmm:

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
I know you're not a Boxing hater

No it doesn't, because each Boxing organization makes its own rankings based upon who's registered themselves to be sanctioned to fight under their ranking system & their recent resume...just like each MMA organization does (UFC rankings dont = Bellator rankings)

Maybe he doesn't pay the fees to be ranked by them or they don't feel he's a Top 10 fighter....doesn't mean he's not one (Vitaly Minakov isn't ranked by the UFC...does that mean he's not a Top 10 Heavyweight?)

Champions of organizations can't be ranked by other organizations

They actually mean everything...that's how you get title shots or mandatory fights.

There is no combat sport that has a worldwide consensus ranking base. Not MMA, not Boxing.

*See my Sam Soliman response*

Chris Arreola was ranked #9 WBC Heavyweight with a record showing he only lost 4 of 41 career fights...Mark Hunt was ranked #8 UFC Heavyweight with a record showing he lost 10 of 23 career fights.:patrice:

Which one sounds more ridiculous? :jbhmm:

There is no division more flabby in sports than heavyweight division in UFC

bsmooth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Mr. Calzaghe

The extraordinary life and career of Welsh-Italian Boxer, Joe Calzaghe, and his father and trainer, Enzo. The film charts Joe's life from impoverished beginnings in industrial Wales and a child-hood of gruelling training and horrendous bullying, to Joe and Enzo taking on the vicious world of Boxing, beating the best fighters that America could throw at them and getting out with their lives, relationship and fortune in tact. Mr.Calzaghe is a real life Rocky tale of incredible sporting challenges and triumphs and an emotional study of a unique father and son team.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

beating the best fighters that America could throw at them

giphy.gif

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Soro is a nice fighter, he adds to the value of hat 154

Andrade, J Rock, Jermall, Jermell, Lara, Canelo, Smith, Harrison, Soro, Cotto (if he's still active), Trout, Vanes...

Might be the bet weight class right now...?

only thing I doN't get that why the fukk the WBA throws around "vacant international belts" and shyt while they are in the middle of the process of trimming down the number of their fukking belts right now.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
and 160 and 168 are probably the worst ones right now from 122 and up
I don't know much about the classes below 122 except for fighters like Roman, Estrada, Inoue, Tete, Ioka, Ruenroeng, Viloria, etc...

Gizza

Can’t find a job, YOU can rap at least
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norcal
Its obvious why the sport of boxing is not attracting as much talent as it should and once did. Every fighter gets bad-mouthed by the press and trashed by idiot know-nothing fans.

First and foremost the majority of those commenting and putting out their ignorant opinions on the sport never actually dared put on a pair of gloves or even have had the balls to get into a fist fight. Its a bunch of nerds and drunk groupies who find nothing better to do than to berate professional boxers for sport( yes pun intended).

Boxing has turned to a 'shyt' job precisely because sleaze-ball promoters are now only pandering to the base impulses of drunk masses. Now the sweet science has had to stoop down to the irrational demands and sway of ignorant crowds. Instead of the sport being appreciated for the beautiful art form that it is, the objective now has become about satisfying the base appetites of drunk crowds.

Even the fans of the savage roman gladiator sports of olden days had respect for the athletes they threw to the lions. These days a great fighter would emerge and do amazing things only to get trashed in the press or discredited because he didnt quite get the victory in the way their appetites dictated it.

Thats the backdrop or context that a great fighter like Adonis has to compete in.Aside from the flack he gets from being a 'Haitian', he is trashed at every turn despite all he has accomplished and had to overcome. Most of those trashing him and others like him never really had to deal with any real challenges in their lives.

But thats not why these guys watch the sport. Its not even about appreciating the fact that a fighter was able to win despite the odds. Its about unchecked appetites and base impulses.

Slaves, strippers and boxers are expected to perform their duties shirtless for the amusement and profit of others. I think the sign of a high culture is when folks of a society start to appreciate the sacrifices of those willing to face danger and degeneration and still triumph.

Adonis knocked out a game opponent tonight in 4 rounds. THE DETRACTORS ARE STILL NOt SATISFIED.

IF ADONIS WAS ABLE TO DECAPITATE HIS OPPONENT IN THE FIRST SECOND OF THE FIGHT HE WOULD HAVE BEEN A MONSTER.

THERE'S NO WINNING IN WINNING FOR TODAYS KNOW-NOTHING CROWDS.

RIP TO THE SPORT OF BOXING.

USHER IN THE TELEVISED MURDER-BLOOD-DRINKING SPORTS WHERE ALL ATHLETES FIGHT TO THE DEATH. THE WINNER GETS TO BE KILLED BY THE CROWD AT THE END OF THE FIGHT AND GETS HIS REMAINS EATEN RAW.

AT LEAST THAT ATHLETE WONT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE PRESS AND SOCIAL MEDIA COMMENTARY THE NEXT MORNING.

:wow: the visual of this has me :dead: do you write in your spare time? Rep when it returns

keepemup

Banned
Daps
That was the third live Frampton fight ive seen and i'll put some respeck on his name although him and Rigo need to scrap

Edit: why does Danny Garcia voice sound like he hasn't hit puberty yet :dead:
When you say 'live' do you mean in the arena in person?