Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I

:ehh:

ok I will agree with most of your thoughts

I just think that if boxing itself as a combat art form is not dead... The respectability is definately not there anymore...given the sport was not developed by Boy Scouts... the era of Jack Jonhson and before nightmarish, with no money and mainly backyard gladiator blood letting of lower class throw away guys for the enjoyment of white collar types with down time and discretionary income...

boxing started to emerge as a viable profession during the depression era when fighters fought hundreds of fights and developed real skill and ability....Sugar Ray evolved during that era...a pure boxer...He was appreciated for his ability in the ring.... not side shows or petty nonsense...It was a time the well to do attended boxing events...

Now it's thotish celebrity types with no class...it's a circus all about base impulses...

It's even getting crazy when a guy like Khan is allowed to legally get clobbered by an under cove cruiserweight just cause folks don't understand what weight classes are about

Now Kell Brook has his head on a platter ready be chopped up for the enjoyment of drunk rowdy crowds...

Guys are fighting once a year and waiting for other guys to be available for non competitive yawn fests

I can go on...but damn guys like Adonis, Ortiz, Lara, Stiverne, Rigo, Spence, Crawford, Daniels ect...are either bashed, marginalized, trashed, avoided...ect....it's disgusting

But dudes like canelo, gg, kovalev, are given the red carpet...while using cheesed out tactics, like canelo fighting at catch weights, or these other guys with patted records but are media darlings

wow:snoop:

oh you KNOW why that is :mjpls:

shhh-kull & bones

Judah have I loved, Esau have I hated! -GAWD
Daps
Reppin
BK, USA
oh you KNOW why that is :mjpls:

Yeah but it's disgusting man.... we are robbed as real enthusiast of the sport because of straight out open fukkery...it's not even hidden anymore...there's gotta be way to change this shyt...the nineties was probably the last time we had actually competitive action...

It's a damn shame breh:francis:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
But dudes like canelo, gg, kovalev, are given the red carpet...while using cheesed out tactics, like canelo fighting at catch weights, or these other guys with patted records but are media darlings

wow:snoop:

tbf Canelo and Kovalev both have a pretty nice resume for now and Canelo only became a fraud lately, before that he was the guy who told ODH and his team to :camby: when they were whining about the Lara and Trout fights. Too bad that now Canelo also became a politician... :beli:

Overall I agree with you though

charknicks

All Star
Daps
As the MMA difference, in boxing, if you cant throw those hands as well as your opponent, you are screwed. You have no other options as to what you can do in the ring. You are just taking 4-12 rounds of ass whoopin. Its a good reason why defense cats like Lara, and Rigo can just coast in 99% of their fights. Just vastly superior in their craft. Its not crowd pleasing though and isnt gonna get them fans/ paid. 80-90% of boxing fans want action, not just technique. For the money it cost to watch/ attend these fights today, people want entertainment at this point.

In MMA, if you can't throw hands as well, you can thrown kicks, can wrestle, combination of chokes, etc. You arent as much of a underdog cause you can catch the superior boxer with alot more things. Combine that with matchmaking being closer in rankings/ talent, and there is a much better chance of being a 'live dog' and pulling an upset.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
The matchmaking fukkery is the key problem. The top talents arent fighting each other as often as they should be.

But they are...yall just won't acknowledge it:manny:

For example, in just July alone we have had Top 10 matchups of:

WBC Heavyweight Champion vs #9 ranked WBC Heavyweight contender

WBC #9 ranked Welterweight vs WBC #10 ranked Junior Welterweight

IBF #4 ranked Middleweight vs IBF #8 ranked Middleweight

WBO Junior Welterweight Champion vs WBC Junior Welterweight Champion in an unification bout

WBC #1 ranked Featherweight vs WBC #2 ranked Featherweight

WBC Light Heavyweight Champion vs WBC #8 ranked Light Heavyweight

WBA Featherweight Champion vs WBA #2 ranked Featherweight

But I'll let the haters of Boxing continue to tell the public that matchups of top tier Boxers aren't happening even though that's 7 matchups of Top 10 ranked Boxers in a 30 day window....including matchups of Champion vs Champion, Champion vs #2, & #1 vs #2:manny:

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. Don't forget #Beterbeast too :ohlawd:

How about something like this.

Linear Light Heavyweight title fight
1. Stevenson (deserves #1 seed as the linear guy) vs 4. There isn't really a clear number 4 for me. I think some guys like Beterbiev & Alvarez need to bang it out.

P4P #1 fighter in the sport fight
2. Kovalev vs 3. Ward

The seeding is fair.

Winners face off for the Linear title & P4P #1 fighter in the sport.

Of course this is boxing & it makes too much sense. It won't happen.