Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
If you mean bigger purchased media hype than yes

Hype as it pertains to people paying to and watching them fight then :usure:

Broner did 3x Loma's last TV rating and almost 2x the attendance wit Theophane

Wilder in the dead of NYC winter sold 3x the tix that Loma sold this summer on parade weekend with Verdejo

I'm not going in on Walters cause he's battling the devil right now but :ufdup:

I already know
Just remind #Thurminators tho :UndefeatedvsMexicans:
tbh I meant Crawford there not Walters, idk why the fukk I wrote Walters... and I just realizd it now

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Off the top of my head Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia, Adrien Broner, Deontay Wilder, Leo Santa Cruz >>> Everyone on TR besides Pacquiao as far as attendance/ratings go:dwillhuh:
idk about attendance but of course their rating will be a little higher they're boxing on free TV...

I also wouldn't call those guys real stars, they are more known but not stars
maybe I was over the top with saying Arum already have bigger stars than them in Loma and Crawford but I feel that they are on the way while the ones you mentioned kinda stuck where they are now. We will see.

Haymon isn't good enough to build up his own support media like Aru did or just his support media is pale compared to HBO hype machine...

and it's also a mistake that he has the biggest roster but still let his rival snatch fighters with some of the most serious potential like Crawford, Loma, Valdez, Walter, Mikey Garcia (yeah after all he signed him but it took 3 years inactivity of Mikey)...

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Again who does Bob have that's a star?
in the space which exists after May and Pac nobody yet but Crawford and Lomachenko are on the way they get mad hype too. but Haymon also has nobody yet... and his fighters get less media hype. Look at the reception of their fighters. LSC, Wilder, Danny, Borner... all get criticized a lot for different things, some of them are rightful critics, some of them just hating, LSC also get critics but less cause he was in a less frequented weightclass for years. And these are not "I'd pay for seeing him lose" critics like what Mayweather did (I think intentionally and it worked)

top Arum guys on the other hand get more hype from the media and less critic from the fans.

You can say that it's unjust and that he only has to pay off the media and etc... but that's a real star making power... :manny: even if it's unjust

ad why Haymon can't do the same? He doesn't strike me as a guy who couldn't do it if he wold want.

Last edited:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Nah Crawford adjusted. Gamboa's jab was eating him up.
He went southpaw and started to hook over Gamboa's jab, taking it away and Gamboa was lost afterwards, and Crawford started to walk him down.

That said Gamboa still had Crawford hurt badly in an exchange at the end of the fight, but Crawford was able to recover or hit the bell (can't remember which round it was).

Crawford is a excellent adjuster .

Disagree on him being hurt "badly" when Gamboa caught him. He got caught by surprise and was momentarily stunned and went back to work.
@Yuzo Can you settle this please?

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
in the space which exists after May and Pac nobody yet but Crawford and Lomachenko are on the way they get mad hype too. but Haymon also has nobody yet... and his fighters get less media hype. Look at the reception of their fighters. LSC, Wilder, Danny, Borner... all get criticized a lot for different things, some of them are rightful critics, some of them just hating, LSC also get critics but less cause he was in a less frequented weightclass for years. And these are not "I'd pay for seeing him lose" critics like what Mayweather did (I think intentionally and it worked)

top Arum guys on the other hand get more hype from the media and less critic from the fans.

You can say that it's unjust and that he only has to pay off the media and etc... but that's a real star making power... :manny: even if it's unjust

ad why Haymon can't do the same? He doesn't strike me as a guy who couldn't do it if he wold want.
And you think they're bigger than Danny or wilder? Fam, you high? :what:

You saying they get more hype because the media hates Haymon so in turn that makes Bob that much better at making stars?

Also Lomo can draw Flies to shyt. Don't try to sneak him in there. Go ahead with that bullshyt playa:laff:

Haymon has

Sufferin Succotash
Broner
Leo
Wilder
Danny

Bob has
Crawford

But Bob is better at making stars:jbhmm:?

Steve Kim is that you?

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

You saying they get more hype because the media hates Haymon so in turn that makes Bob that much better at making stars?

Also Lomo can draw Flies to shyt. Don't try to sneak him in there. Go ahead with that bullshyt playa:laff:

Haymon has

Sufferin Succotash
Broner
Leo
Wilder
Danny

Bob has
Crawford

Steve Kim is that you?

I doN't like neither Arum nor Haymon, both of them are snakes as promoters usually are :manny:
You don't notice when I slander Arum though but when I criticize Haymon I'm Steve Kim? :martin:

In my reply to newwz I already told that I was probably over the top, exaggerating with saying they are already bigger stars but the point is that I feel they are on the way while PBC fighters stuck on a level. Luckily Haymon starts to realize that w/o best vs best fights it will be hard to push them on that next level hence he made Porter vs Thurman and will probably make Thurman vs Danny.

and yeah, having good media connections and to achieve the support of them on any way is part of the game, Haymon needs to step up in this imo... and as I said he also shouldn't let a guy with a roster half of his or less snatch up some of the top talents in the game.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I doN't like neither Arum nor Haymon, both of them are snakes as promoters usually are :manny:
You don't notice when I slander Arum though but when I criticize Haymon I'm Steve Kim? :martin:

In my reply to newwz I already told that I was probably over the top, exaggerating with saying they are already bigger stars but the point is that I feel they are on the way while PBC fighters stuck on a level. Luckily Haymon starts to realize that w/o best vs best fights it will be hard to push them on that next level hence he made Porter vs Thurman and will probably make Thurman vs Danny.

and yeah, having good media connections and to achieve the support of them on any way is part of the game, Haymon needs to step up in this imo... and as I said he also shouldn't let a guy with a roster half of his or less snatch up some of the top talents in the game.
Bob doesn't have a star period. Haymon doesn't have a star BUT he does have a couple fighters that could put ass in seats. None of that fake media shyt.

I don't listen to what the media says because I know.

I feel like you are one of those nikkas that think just because a fight is on HBO that makes it better. All these bullshyt ass fights on hbo is getting passes while solid fights like Porter Thurman got shytted on.

You know what they try to say? That salido fight was better.

You know what you right. Go a head fam. We ain't going ro agree on it. You got it.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Good luck with getting that belt as a Haymon fighter :pachaha:

in fact WBO already ordered Verdejo vs Flanagan

news coming about Mikey Garcia, ex Arum, now Haymon fighter telling he wants the 135 WBO belt from Flanagan --> few days later Verdejo vs Flanagan is ordered by WBO

:mjpls::sas2:

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Bob doesn't have a star period. Haymon doesn't have a star BUT he does have a couple fighters that could put ass in seats. None of that fake media shyt.

I don't listen to what the media says because I know.

I feel like you are one of those nikkas that think just because a fight is on HBO that makes it better. All these bullshyt ass fights on hbo is getting passes while solid fights like Porter Thurman got shytted on.

You know what they try to say? That salido fight was better.

You know what you right. Go a head fam. We ain't going ro agree on it. You got it.

I'm not in that group of people though...
HBO's hype team is better, that's true but fights aren't better just because they are pn HBO

Thurman vs Porter is my foty so far and I like both guys... :manny:
I got the scoring differently though

whatever...

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Fam, I don't even trust Guerrero to get through a jobber without any trouble.

Stick a fork in him

but there are people here who find his welterweight face first with NO power struggle of a style exciting therefore think he is a worthy opponent lol

if ghost dispatches this jobber with no issue then put him in with a live body..but i dont care to see ghost in any high profile fights until he can win a couple in a row without seeing shyt like this from his lower ranked opponents

EXiFhb.gif
or
Robert_Guerrero2-530x317.jpg

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels

Haymon has

Sufferin Succotash
Broner
Leo
Wilder
Danny

Bob has
Crawford

Steve Kim is that you?
Uh yea. Hes got decades worth of stars. He may be struggling now but his resume of star building speaks for itself.