Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

NasirJr

★CAROLINAS FINEST★
Daps
Reppin
The NCarolina
Nah Crawford adjusted. Gamboa's jab was eating him up.
He went southpaw and started to hook over Gamboa's jab, taking it away and Gamboa was lost afterwards, and Crawford started to walk him down.

That said Gamboa still had Crawford hurt badly in an exchange at the end of the fight, but Crawford was able to recover or hit the bell (can't remember which round it was).

Crawford is a excellent adjuster .
Disagree on him being hurt "badly" when Gamboa caught him. He got caught by surprise and was momentarily stunned and went back to work.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You guys got it wrong.

It's not Arum who who knows how to create stars. It's HBO. That network knows how to make stars, even if they have to forcefeed us to do it. Just look at what they're trying to do with GGG

All of Haymon's big name guys started on HBO. HBO helped build them up. Had they stayed on the network, they could have been even bigger stars. But Haymon was barred from HBO and went on to Showtime. And although I like Showtime as a network, they don't know how to build up stars. Not like HBO does

The networks play apart.

The way Bob/Top Rank can get a brand new fighter, develop them from scratch, & build them up with brilliant matchmaking is something they have excelled at. You can not take that away from Bob/TR. They have been doing it for years. They definitely drop the ball at times, but they are brilliant at what they do.

PBC also has plenty of guys getting good ratings.

I just don't understand this debate. We are talking about boxing where its damn near impossible to become a PPV star. Being a boxing star that can make 2-4 million a fight is a huge accomplishment. A fighter just has to find the best situation & promoter that works for them.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Disagree on him being hurt "badly" when Gamboa caught him. He got caught by surprise and was momentarily stunned and went back to work.

I disagree he was hurt and wobbling, good thing for him is Gamboa started going for the kill wildly and Crawford caught him running in and turned it around (just rewatched the round , it was the 9th and final round before he KO'd him)

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Which star was built up by Haymon? If you can name me just one... :yeshrug:

I hate Arum just as the next man but he's really better in building up fighters. Loma and Walters have already bigger hype than most of is not all of the PBC fighters.
Loma can't draw flies to shyt ab and danny are bigger than any Bob fighter not named pacman

And besides ain't loma promoted by k2? :what:

I could be dead wrong I'm high as fukk :beli:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Which star was built up by Haymon? If you can name me just one... :yeshrug:

I hate Arum just as the next man but he's really better in building up fighters. Loma and Walters have already bigger hype than most of is not all of the PBC fighters.
Haymon is around actively for 5-6 years already though he had time to build up at least one real star, he didn't...

but w/e, yeah he still has time and Arum does it for a longer time I just said it cause it's pretty conspicuous that while he has the biggest roster of fighters BY FAR, the biggest names in the sport and some of the biggest talents are still not in his roster.

Off the top of my head Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia, Adrien Broner, Deontay Wilder, Leo Santa Cruz >>> Everyone on TR besides Pacquiao as far as attendance/ratings go:dwillhuh:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
@Newzz Just realized Broner turned 27 today

And he gon be spending his birthday in jail
wade-sad-2.gif

When that fight happens who you rolling wit :leostare:

Remember the good times P :Quittheysse:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Loma and Walters have already bigger hype than most of is not all of the PBC fighters.

If you mean bigger purchased media hype than yes

Hype as it pertains to people paying to and watching them fight then :usure:

Broner did 3x Loma's last TV rating and almost 2x the attendance wit Theophane

Wilder in the dead of NYC winter sold 3x the tix that Loma sold this summer on parade weekend with Verdejo

I'm not going in on Walters cause he's battling the devil right now but :ufdup:

This is like picking between 2 kids b :mjcry:

I'm gonna withhold my opinion for now until the fight does happen. But I think yall already know who I'm rolling with :francis:

I already know
Just remind #Thurminators tho :UndefeatedvsMexicans:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Off the top of my head Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia, Adrien Broner, Deontay Wilder, Leo Santa Cruz >>> Everyone on TR besides Pacquiao as far as attendance/ratings go:dwillhuh:
:russ::scust: got to be a better fight than this. they just gonna all beat up on trash ass ghost now.:comeon:

AB gone stop ghost. Rob has been done for years now. :scust:

Dr Dre's ProductionSkills

Hutch, yella, Mel-man, Daz, Mike Elizondo
Daps
Reppin
NULL

santa cruz was gbp they brought him up

Golden Boy settles with Schaefer, will lose some Haymon fighters

most of these guys were gbp dudes that were advised by haymon...

top rank/ gpb have a pretty good record of building guiding shielding and creating stars..

its not fair yet to say haymon can't create stars through pbc... but lets be real.. haymon is the equivalent of a cameron dunkin or j prince type role only (manager) far superior but pseudo manager

nobody saying j prince or dunkin creating stars... their promotional companies have more to do that than they do...

and by the way.. its not arum that knows how to create stars... its todd dubeuf that whole team... they know how to develop fighters.. from OPERATION FROM THE BOTTOM..

pbc plucked a lot of guys already deveped stars from gbp... this next cycle in the next couple of years if they are still around will prove to see if they could build them up from scratch...

Dr Dre's ProductionSkills

Hutch, yella, Mel-man, Daz, Mike Elizondo
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The networks play apart.

The way Bob/Top Rank can get a brand new fighter, develop them from scratch, & build them up with brilliant matchmaking is something they have excelled at. You can not take that away from Bob/TR. They have been doing it for years. They definitely drop the ball at times, but they are brilliant at what they do.

PBC also has plenty of guys getting good ratings.

I just don't understand this debate. We are talking about boxing where its damn near impossible to become a PPV star. Being a boxing star that can make 2-4 million a fight is a huge accomplishment. A fighter just has to find the best situation & promoter that works for them.

i hope that shyt comes back where the expecations of making it as a fighter is accepted with a under 5 milli purse... all these fighters are all angling for that 20 mil pac/may purse WHICH WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN... that was such an anomaly.. so many things went right for those purses..

maybe once all these crazy purses start to subside ( and you know they are LOOK AT HBO BUDGET CRUNCH AND ONCE PBC runs out of money) then maybe we start getting some DO OR DIE fights for decent fights...

Haymon used to be able to milk HBO for some pretty good paydays for his fighters... but it looks as if that well has run dry... showtime god bless em has never been too much about those squash matches cause they're budget was always more tame... pbc imo will maybe not be insolvent but they will have to tighten their budgets as their prepaid time buys expire and that start up money won't be as fresh and there...

maybe we can BEGIN AN ERA OF STRUGGLE MONEY ERA WHICH WILL FORCE TOP GUYS TO HAVE TO FIGHT each other for decent but not astronomical money... cause the expectation will be gone for that crazy money...