Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
In terms of he and Crawford's fight I mean I guess he was harder :yeshrug:

The first like 3-4 rounds Crawford was just analyzing his movement and tendencies, after that Gamboa got washed something serious

Nah Crawford adjusted. Gamboa's jab was eating him up.
He went southpaw and started to hook over Gamboa's jab, taking it away and Gamboa was lost afterwards, and Crawford started to walk him down.

That said Gamboa still had Crawford hurt badly in an exchange at the end of the fight, but Crawford was able to recover or hit the bell (can't remember which round it was).

Crawford is a excellent adjuster .

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I don't why you dudes keep saying this. It ain't true.

Maybe before but definitely not lately.
Which star was built up by Haymon? If you can name me just one... :yeshrug:

I hate Arum just as the next man but he's really better in building up fighters. Loma and Walters have already bigger hype than most of is not all of the PBC fighters.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
13880374_1237218762997764_2112875216795477812_n.jpg

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I hate Arum just as the next man but he's really better in building up fighters. Loma and Walters have already bigger hype than most of is not all of the PBC fighters.

Bob Arum has been a promoter for over 30 years. PBC has been active less than 2 years. What kind of comparison is this?

And then your acting as if it's some sort of big deal that Bob/TR are better at creating stars. No one is fukking with them when it comes to that.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC

Danny
Wilder

What does Bob have?

And let's be clear what a star is to. Not the hbo dikk pulling.

Only real star in boxing is Canelo. And he ain't fukking top rank.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Danny
Wilder

What does Bob have?

And let's be clear what a star is to. Not the hbo dikk pulling.

Only real star in boxing is Canelo. And he ain't fukking top rank.
Right now there's a big space after Pac and May

and I wouldn't put Danny and Wilder in that category, not yet at least

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Bob Arum has been a promoter for over 30 years. PBC has been active less than 2 years. What kind of comparison is this?

And then your acting as if it's some sort of big deal that Bob/TR are better at creating stars. No one is fukking with them when it comes to that.
Haymon is around actively for 5-6 years already though he had time to build up at least one real star, he didn't...

but w/e, yeah he still has time and Arum does it for a longer time I just said it cause it's pretty conspicuous that while he has the biggest roster of fighters BY FAR, the biggest names in the sport and some of the biggest talents are still not in his roster.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
You guys got it wrong.

It's not Arum who who knows how to create stars. It's HBO. That network knows how to make stars, even if they have to forcefeed us to do it. Just look at what they're trying to do with GGG

All of Haymon's big name guys started on HBO. HBO helped build them up. Had they stayed on the network, they could have been even bigger stars. But Haymon was barred from HBO and went on to Showtime. And although I like Showtime as a network, they don't know how to build up stars. Not like HBO does

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
You guys got it wrong.

It's not Arum who who knows how to create stars. It's HBO. That network knows how to make stars, even if they have to forcefeed us to do it. Just look at GGG

All of Haymon's big name guys started on HBO. HBO helped build them up. Had they stayed on the network, they could have been even bigger stars. But Haymon was barred from HBO and went on to Showtime. And although I like Showtime as a network, they don't know how to build up stars. Not like HBO does
true... partly

the promoter still has many role, they decide how they build up the fighters through the match ups, who they pair them and etc...
Networks also have a say into it sometimes if they really want (like HBO recently) but promoters too.