Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
NYSAC Under Fire After State Investigation Into Magomed Claims

An investigation launched by New York's inspector general after a pro fighter suffered nearly fatal injuries concluded the state boxing commission was plagued by deficient practices, limited oversight and conflicts of interest.

Inspector General Catherine Leahy Scott said her office's probe into the New York State Athletic Commission was prompted by the severe brain injuries and poor post-fight treatment suffered by heavyweight Magomed Abdusalamov in 2013 at Madison Square Garden.

Investigators said the fighter walked outside afterward, vomited, then was taken by his handlers in a 15-minute taxi ride to Roosevelt Hospital, though there were ambulances available at the arena. He had emergency surgery for bleeding in his brain.

magomed-perez%20%282%29_1.jpg

"The commission's lack of appropriate emergency medical protocols and oversight procedures, as well as clear conflicts of interest among senior staff, reflect a systemic breakdown of its most basic operations," Scott said Monday. With the commission poised to regulate mixed martial arts in addition to pro boxing, she said reforms are imperative.

She recommended standard pre-fight and post-fight physical and neurological examinations, giving communications devices to all staff, having a tactical emergency plan to address medical issues at any time and ethics training.

New York's Department of State, which oversees the commission, said it has taken steps to implement many of Scott's recommendations. Commission Chairman Tom Hoover's resignation was accepted, the department said.

Hoover was criticized in the report for permitting friends and relatives to obtain "credentials" allowing them to attend pro boxing matches for free.

His predecessor, Melvina Lathan, resigned as chair in 2015 in the wake of the investigation, according to the Inspector General's Office. She and other staff were faulted by investigators for receiving improper gifts from boxing promoters, including wine and jewelry.

Investigators found there was confusion about the diagnoses and recommendations from Abdusalamov's post-fight medical examinations, no complete post-fight emergency plan in place and limited interpreter services for the fighter who primarily spoke Russian.

Abdusalamov, a former Russian amateur champion, was an unbeaten professional until his 10-round loss to Mike Perez that night. He remains disabled.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
DID Y'ALL HEAR ANTHONY MUNDINE AND DANNY GREEN SIGNED A 30 MILLION DOLLAR FIGHT? :laff: :laff:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Yeah I'm from the most western European country (Ireland) and while I still see some racism, institutional racism has never existed here. I was probably being unfair saying that the majority of them are racist, but it's still extremely troubling how many Eastern Euros harbour racist ideas.
shyt, ya'll were too busy fighting England... but once you guys got here, were responsible for one of the most heinous acts of violence against my people

Pot, kettle, black........... All of Europe has a race problem. shyt, this world has a race problem.

Wiirdo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt, ya'll were too busy fighting England... but once you guys got here, were responsible for one of the most heinous acts of violence against my people

Pot, kettle, black........... All of Europe has a race problem. shyt, this world has a race problem.

Yeah the way a wedge was brought between Irish immigrants and black people in America was shameful and disgusting, but honestly we don't identify with Irish-Americans. shyt is seen as really corny here. I just mean on the island of Ireland we've never had institutional racism, but that's probably just because of constant oppression by the British Empire. With the migrant crisis now, race problems are really flaring up all over Europe. This is probably the most anti-establishment feeling I've ever seen in the west.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Spoonface was in his feelings like always Cuz Bud N em didn't talk to all media members or some shyt

Spoonface was drunk N told Craws trainer Gamoba was a blown up featherweight N buds best win

Buds trainer shytted on GGG...said lemeuix was GGG best win N got whooped by Rubio

Spoonface lost his shyt...called buds trainer a racist N angry black man

Spoonface got took away by security

N come to find out Buds trainer got kids who half cac

Steve Kim is a bytch.... I try to be objective with these media personalities but they always end up showing their cards.

Dude constantly makes blanket racist comments and never gets checked for it because he's Asian plus he has a legion of minions that dikkride him because he retweets the corny one liners/jokes/memes they make about stuff he agrees with.

I'll never forgeet when a black dude roasted him with facts and logic regarding some comments he made about PBC and bytch Kim did the SAME exact thing that is described here.. Instead of responding back with facts, he blocked him and responded with some sh-t like.// "why do all PBC fans speak with ebonics... yo yo yo dog I gots you dog'. LMAO... He's an a$$hole for real.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Yeah the way a wedge was brought between Irish immigrants and black people in America was shameful and disgusting, but honestly we don't identify with Irish-Americans. shyt is seen as really corny here. I just mean on the island of Ireland we've never had institutional racism, but that's probably just because of constant oppression by the British Empire. With the migrant crisis now, race problems are really flaring up all over Europe. This is probably the most anti-establishment feeling I've ever seen in the west.
By late 19th century, most Irish immigrants were not far enough removed to even be considered "Irish American, unidentifiable"..... the riots were only 15-20 years after the great famine and immigration

Wiirdo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By late 19th century, most Irish immigrants were not far enough removed to even be considered "Irish American, unidentifiable"..... the riots were only 15-20 years after the great famine and immigration

Yeah man, that shyt was disgusting and shameful.