Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Damn was browsing some shyt this shyt was already 14 years ago I remember being so hyped that weekend one of the most anticipated fights in my teen years.

It made no sense how badly mosley got his ass whooped..prime top 5 php mosley at that...similar to when Pacquiao beat down Barrera in similar fashion

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Don't even remind me breh. I was hoping for some sweet revenge because Forrest-Mosley 1 I was watching with my Dad and it sent me to my room
giphy.gif

trying not to show that it hurt me to see Mosley lose like that.
:mjcry:
That legit had me :dwillhuh:

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
It made no sense how badly mosley got his ass whooped..prime top 5 php mosley at that...similar to when Pacquiao beat down Barrera in similar fashion

Just watched this rematch again forgot how shook Forrest had Mosley of that right hand :whew:

Lampley and Merchant just shyt all over the fight it wasn't the greatest but damn you don't have to go bury the product I forgot how bitter them cats were back in the early 00s especially Merchant rude ass talking bout no one cares about who put clothes on your back after Vernon was giving thanks to his people.

fukking Watson twins still look the same now than they did back in 2002.

Yeah I was a fan of both but back in 02 my fav fighters were PBF,Roy,Shane and Judah in that order so I was bummed out over Mosley losing twice. Can't believe shyt went downhill for Vernon after this this was the peak of his career can't believe he got stopped by that clown Mayorga and fukk it Vernon won that 2nd fight i'm have to rewatch that one again some other time I remember being burnt by that decision.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Fun fact

Today I brought up Bob's and the WBO's relationship, I looked into it a little

WBO world belts 122 and up, were held by 32 different people from 2013 till this day (counting in people who got their belt before 2013 but still held it in that year) and 41 different times (counting fighters who got their belt two times in a division or more divisions as 2)

from those 32 people 11 are TR fighters but that excludes the boxing politics wise less important lower than 122 weights but includes some weightclasses which are relevant but TR not active or not relevant in them. That's 34% :ld:

from that 41 time 18 time the belt holder was a TR fighter which is 44%. All fighters who got two WBO belts (either in two different divisions or in the same division more times) except for one (Roman Martinez) are with Arum which indicates that his fighters get special treatment from the WBO. :patrice:

If we look at the 5 weightclasses where Arum was the most active recently (126, 130, 135, 140, 147) we can see that there were 17 different people owning those belts overall 25 times

from that 17 people 10 were TR fighters so 59% and that also means that 10 out of the 11 TR WBO champion are from those frequented 5 weightclasses with Gilberto Ramirez being the only exception (that's a 91% btw) :dame:

from that 25 times
, the holder was a TR fighter in 17 cases so roughly 68% :sas2:

If we take a look at how frequently Bob takes his fighters to other organizations we can see that he only had 3!! champions from 2013 on in 122 and up in not the WBO but elsewhere. Postol with the WBC, Gradovich with the IBF and Walters with the WBA. None of them collected another belt from those organizations btw.
So he had 14 champions, 11 with WBO (78,5%), and from the 21 occasions where one of his fighters held world title belts 18 were with WBO (88%) :pachaha:

In contrast Haymon/PBC (before 2015 GBP/Schefer/Haymon) group who have a easily bigger roster than Arum and had easily more world champions (122 and up) in all the other three organizations have currently 5 fighters who owned a WBO belt in the last 3 years. Mikey Garcia doesn't count cause he signed with them after the inactivity, Roman Martinez doesn't really count cause he signed with Haymon after he won the 130 belt against Salido.

You can decide if you count Mayweather as a "Haymon fighter" or not, anyway the true number of them is either 3 with May or 2 with Glowacki and Quillin. None of them except May (who maybe not even counts) from Arum's frequented weightclasses.

So 2 or 3 fighter compared to TR's 11. Sharp contrast I must say. :childplease:

I knew that Arum and the WBO has a deal or something but damn... It's so obvious...

Don't get me wrong I don't try to picture them as some demons but this is still at least interesting...
In the following days I will take a look at Haymon's statistics with WBC and IBF but it would be surprising if I would find this amount of protection there.

Last edited:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
So 2 or 3 fighter compared to TR's 11. Sharp contrast I must say. :childplease:

I knew that Arum and the WBO has a deal or something but damn... It's so obvious...

Don't get me wrong I don't try to picture them as some demons but this is still at least interesting...
In the following days I will take a look at Haymon's statistics with WBC and IBF but it would be surprising if I would find this amount of protection there.

Props on all the research breh. But Were Bob's Organization is just that....Wbo

Especially in the 147 division. shyt look what's happening at 126 w walters then loma then valdez (all top level fighters) and the WBO it's funny.

Don't be surprised if wbc becomes Bob's belt. IBF is always lost in Europe.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Props on all the research breh. But Were Bob's Organization is just that....Wbo

Especially in the 147 division. shyt look what's happening at 126 w walters then loma then valdez (all top level fighters) and the WBO it's funny.

Don't be surprised if wbc becomes Bob's belt. IBF is always lost in Europe.
WBC won't be Bob's imo, he is powerful enough to pay off the smallest one out of the 4 big organizations but he isn't strong enough to pay two of them at the same time. And he has also a too thin roster for that