Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
I was gonna say that too:ahh:

Crush > Sunkist & Fanta:banderas::

But on the low.....ain't nobody seeing the GOAT flavored pop (that's right, Pop:ufdup: I don't drink "soda":scusthov:)

11-things-you-didn-t-know-about-faygo.jpg

:whew:

Had no idea you were a Juggalo breh :leon:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Canelo Says Billy Joe Saunders Possible For December, at 160

By Miguel Rivera

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (47-1-1, 33KOs) has confirmed the possibility of facing WBO middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders (23-0, 12KOs), at 160-pounds, on a date in December.

Canelo returns on on September 17th at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas - when he faces Saunders' stablemate Liam Smith for the WBO junior middleweight world title.

Canelo has fought his last five bouts at 155-pounds, and briefly held the WBC middleweight crown before vacating the belt to drop back to 154.

canelo-saunders_1.jpg

Like Canelo, Saunders has announced that his next world title defense will take place on September 17th. There have been rumors of that defense taking place on Canelo-Smith undercard as a tool to further build a fall fight between Canelo and Saunders.

Canelo wants to slowly build his body to the middleweight limit of 160 with an eye on facing WBC/WBA/IBF/IBO middleweight champion Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin (35-0, 32KOs) in September of 2017. Golovkin defends his belts on September 10th against IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook at the O2 Arena in London.

A fight with Saunders would be Canelo's first step at becoming a full-fledged middleweight contender.

"It's what we've thought about, but let's see what happens. First things first [is the fight with Smith]. I always like to take care of the challenges in front of me first and then look at what else lies ahead, but this is what is being planned," Canelo said to ESPN Deportes.

Canelo's May fight with Khan, and the upcoming bout with Smith, are both HBO Pay-Per-View events. The Mexican superstar says the plan is to make his December fight a non-PPV attraction on regular HBO.

"Yes, that's the plan, make a fight on broadcast TV. That is the plan we have, but first we have this [fight with Smith] and then we'll at the others," Canelo said.
Canelo Says Billy Joe Saunders Possible For December, at 160 - Boxing News

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
If canelo saunders happens how do you see the fight going?

I think it'll be close either way. I don't see either guy dominating the other like that. Canelo will have his flashy combos and Saunders will be boxing and moving.

Judges will prolly favor Saul, if nothing dramatic comes from Saunders.

The axe murderer

Daps
I think it'll be close either way. I don't see either guy dominating the other like that. Canelo will have his flashy combos and Saunders will be boxing and moving.

Judges will prolly favor Saul, if nothing dramatic comes from Saunders.
Yeah I thought the same thing. Saunders does tend to fade in later rounds sometimes so I think canelo may push on there but in the earlier rounds he's a beast.
Also LMMFAO @ the picture caption
NO3JJTi.png

The axe murderer

Daps
So if I'm not mistaken, Canelo takes the belt from BJS then fights lil g to unify the middleweight belts?

Unified middleweight champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez has quite a ring to it :blessed:
Word. Finally get to see Canelo in with a fully fledged 160 pound guy......a tough one at that. I hope the fight gets made