Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

:camby:

Broner was a junior lightweight.....Escobedo was a junior lightweight. AB weighed in 3 1/2 lbs over the limit. He didn't drag Escobedo up from Super Bantamweight to fight him:usure:

Also, AB jumped up 2 divisions to fight for the Championship against the #4 fighter in the division, a light hitter who started his career at Junior Welterweight & only had a 19% KO pct.....plus Broner was the bigger man in the ring that night. He didn't jump up 2 divisions to face somebody who is the best MW, a natural Middleweight, & has KOd 22 straight Middleweights in a row while touting a 91% KO pct for his career :comeon:

Abel Sanchez just needs to shut up...especially considering he isn't willing to have lil g jump up 2 divisions and face Sergey Kovalev:birdman:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Danny Garcia: Golovkin-Brook doesn't make sense to me
By Wil Esco and fighthub on Jul 21, 2016, 9:48a +

WBC welterweight champion Danny Garcia says he doesn't want to hear any more criticism of his selection of opponents after Golovkin-Brook.

Danny Garcia catches up with FightHub to talk give his thoughts on the Gennady Golovkin-Kell Brook fight. Here's what he had to say!

On his thoughts about Gennady Golovkin facing Kell Brook at 160lbs:

"Look...if middleweights can fight welterweights I don't wanna hear about who I fight no more! Stay off my Instagram page, stay off my Twitter, stay off my Snapchat, stay off my website, stay off everything. If middleweights can fight welterweights, I don't want to hear about who Danny Garcia's fighting, because Danny Garcia fought nothing but nobody in his weight. I only had one fight that wasn't on my weight class and that was the Rod Salka fight, and I got so much heat for that fight. But he fought at 130 and 140 before in the beginning of his career. So he did fight at 140 before, so I don't wanna hear none of that no more. Go on somebody else's page with that."

On the Golovkin-Brook match-up itself:

"If it was at like 154, then I would be like 'it's a good fight.' It is a good fight but I seen the press conference, the pictures, the size was like...you gotta hit that dude with the kitchen sink. But Brook has the skill but I don't know, man. It don't make sense for a middleweight champion of the world to fight a welterweight champion of the world. It is a business but it don't make sense to me."

On if Brook has a chance to win the fight:

"Oh it's boxing, anybody has a chance...you know [Brook] has to be crafty in there, stay away from the power, get him frustrated, wrap him up, make it an ugly fight, and just find a way...To be honest with you, I've never seen too much o Brook, the most I've ever seen is when he fought Shawn Porter, and he handled Shawn Porter pretty good, pretty easy -- I wouldn't say easy but he handled him. But I've never really seen him fight another top fighter so to jump up to middleweight, I don't know man, I wish the best for him, I hope no one gets hurt, I hope he don't get hurt, and I hope it's just a good fight."

Danny Garcia: Golovkin-Brook doesn't make sense to me

:dead:

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Canelo vs The Tijuana Tornado in Mexico would be a :banderas: atmosphere.......and I'd definitely try to be in the building for that if it happened:wow: