Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I'm not that excited to the 2016 version of Pac tbh...
yeah he is still great and beat Bradley convincingly last time but he is the past already and I already booked him as the past and shyt...

I mean...
You know the feeling when you already said a long goodbye to someone but you figure out that you both walk 5 more minutes in the same direction and it's a little awkward and you don't want to say goodbye again so you just walk pretty quietly next to each other maybe have a few words about forced, irrelevant topics and say just a simple bye at the end? :francis:

I kinda feel the same with Pacquiao now, I already booked him as retired and as a past figure, now it's just kinda awkward to still have him around even though he is still a P4P top10 fighter probably...

I hope he stays/goes retired, no hate but because of the above reasons...

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
It's weird that all of a sudden people, especially in here, think these Haymon fighters will take the Pac fight for any price. Have any of those guys made $4 million for one fight? But again, these are the guys that turned down $40 million deals because Haymon told them to do it. And they're "negotiating" through the media and trying to publicly shame Arum for "low balling" them with career high paydays. Doesn't seem like they're trying to make it happen.

I'm not saying they shouldn't make more, but all this looks like is the usual PBC fighter grandstanding. Haymon made them all risk averse, when everyone here thought he'd make the biggest fights. Broner especially has almost nothing to lose, because a loss to Pac isn't nearly as bad as his others.

The only ones I'd believe would take the fight are Porter, if he had won, and possibly Keith, but we'll see.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Broner especially has almost nothing to lose, because a loss to Pac isn't nearly as bad as his others
This..Broner lost his zero and he still a big draw...at worst ppl say he's not Floyd and shyt and keeps it moving..but if he won, the dikkriders that would come out the woodworks

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
There's a big difference in someone knowing their worth and someone looking to cash out
Please---even with casuals, Thurman/Garcia/AB taking a Manny PPV is a win win. Now, they haven't exactly been offered their value, but only Swift has been on PPV before, regardless I won't argue about the money aspects, b/c Manny doesn't deserve $20mm a fight.

It's a win/win b/c if they win the fight they're the new kingpin, and if they take the fight and lose it's ':gladbron: did you see (one of the three) young warriors step up to take on ATG Pacquiao?! I'm gonna keep my eye on him :gladbron:" I don't see why AB/Garcia don't think that, but that's their business not mine.

If Arum wasn't so selfish, they'd make a PBC/TR supercard in October. Have Pac/ (whoever PBC see's as their #1 WW/whichever belt they like more), Vargas/PBC #2 WW, and, Bradley/#3 PBC WW, with the Loma/Salido rematch on there. That card IMO could break 1MM buys, and if it's PBC and Top Rank HBO and Showtime will have to put up bread, everyone will get paid right (except for Vargas who will get overpaid :scusthov:) and us as consumers and boxing heads all win. :blessed:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Broner especially has almost nothing to lose, because a loss to Pac isn't nearly as bad as his others.
This..Broner lost his zero and he still a big draw...at worst ppl say he's not Floyd and shyt and keeps it moving..but if he won, the dikkriders that would come out the woodworks
I am really shocked with Broner's decision. Dude is at a weird spot right now where he should be eager as fukk to get a big fight. And to pass up on his shot to headline a PPV makes no sense to me.

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
I am really shocked with Broner's decision. Dude is at a weird spot right now where he should be eager as fukk to get a big fight. And to pass up on his shot to headline a PPV makes no sense to me.
And boxing isn't like MMA. Once you've lost that luster, it takes A LOT of work to build back up. Most casual fans write you off and your fights aren't as compelling.

For Broner, beating Pac would catapult him back up to where he was, and possibly past that point. He could work himself into a very lucrative rematch/trilogy too. And losing gives him a bigger name, that big check, and he can always go back and fight in the PBC loser bracket(Khan, Guerrero, Berto, etc).

Sounds like a no brainer to me.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
You really don't like Vargas :dead:
Breh he tried to front on BATB like he was a 'tween. Since he knocked out Sadam Ali it's like everyone forgot how badly BATB abused him.

So nah when he was fronting like a bish I didn't like him, but now that he's getting all this pub like he's some great fighter (when he's been thoroughly dominated by the only legit WW he rocked with), nah I don't like him at all. If he had took the Brook fight and shown me something, maybe I'd feel different.

Funny how he's not talking about that BATB rematch now :jbhmm:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Word on the curb tries to justify Rios getting the same or more then Swift/AB

"Big name" "Loyal mexican following" God bless her heart at least she tried :mjlol:

Take 3-4 Milly when :deadmanny: goin make 20 Milly...when you a top 5 draw in the sport N bring 10xs more to the table them Rios did :aicmon:

Y'all the type of nikkas to work for free talking bout "it was a good experience, I learned alot :to:"

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
You think Keith will cash out over 4 mill?
A four mill that could jump to 7-8, yes he's food, how ab loss to the sparring partner was more impressive, than Thurmans so-called victory, all you Thurman dikkriders answer that question:pacspit:

AB can fight any name and get 4-5 mill, and Garcia is a undefeated, former undisputed champ within the ww divisions, who has the green belt currently so no one can little man him in negations, at this point Swift he could fight cans in PR on ppv for ten mill, its a blessing he still fights on free TV for us fans...

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
You can't make that comparison though. Floyd and Manny were both solid PPV stars when they were haggling over the particulars for their fight.
A better comparison would be the Floyd/Oscar fight. Oscar was the PPV star and Floyd knew that in order to become a PPV fighter he would need to beat Oscar so he agreed to OScar's demands and accepted that he was going to be the B-Side for their fight.
It is very short-sighted for Swift (and Broner) to try and act like they are on equal footing with Manny. Both dudes should be eager as fukk to get that fight signed because a win over Manny completely changes their career trajectory. They go from being dudes who fight on CBS/Showtime to PPV fighters. A win over Manny means that Danny would then become the A-side in negotiations with any other Welterweight in boxing and that the fight would become a PPV event.

How much did Floyd get to fight Oscar? It was $25 million:usure:

Garcia nor Broner are being offered anywhere near that type of money. They were offered $3-4 million:comeon:

Also, don't forget Bob Arum said the SAME THING about Floyd wanting that type of money as he said about Broner:

Arum told ESPN's Dan Rafael at the time that before he left Mayweather had asked, among other things, for a $20 million guaranteed purse to fight Oscar De La Hoya.

"He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road," Arum said.

A year later, Mayweather made $25 million in a fight against De La Hoya that still holds the record for total pay per view buys.

Floyd Mayweather paid $750,000 to get out of his contract in 2006, and it made him hundreds of millions

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

So Broner should accept a 84/16 split in favor of Pacquiao, which is the same Bradley got, even though a fight vs Pacquiao would = more PPV buys, sell out fight, more revenue generated? :dwillhuh:

Yall are aware Broner asked for $6 million which equals to a 75/25 split in Manny’s favor right? How is that asking for too much knowing the fight would be much bigger than the fight Pacquiao just had in April? :dwillhuh: