Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
How much did Floyd get to fight Oscar? It was $25 million:usure:

Garcia nor Broner are being offered anywhere near that type of money. They were offered $3-4 million:comeon:

Also, don't forget Bob Arum said the SAME THING about Floyd wanting that type of money as he said about Broner:

Arum told ESPN's Dan Rafael at the time that before he left Mayweather had asked, among other things, for a $20 million guaranteed purse to fight Oscar De La Hoya.

"He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road," Arum said.

A year later, Mayweather made $25 million in a fight against De La Hoya that still holds the record for total pay per view buys.

Floyd Mayweather paid $750,000 to get out of his contract in 2006, and it made him hundreds of millions

Guarantee if :deadmanny: offered GGG less then Brandon Rios muhfukkers in here would then have a problem

"Bu bu bu but nacho sales tho" :camby:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So Broner should accept a 84/16 split in favor of Pacquiao, which is the same Bradley got, even though a fight vs Pacquiao would = more PPV buys, sell out fight, more revenue generated? :dwillhuh:

Yall are aware Broner asked for $6 million which equals to a 75/25 split in Manny’s favor right? How is that asking for too much knowing the fight would be much bigger than the fight Pacquiao just had in April? :dwillhuh:

Don't bother Fam...nikkas ain't talking bout real life they talking with they feelings cuz of the names involved

3.5 Milly views don't mean shyt...sold out arenas don't mean shyt

Are these nikkas even a draw on the level of Rios with his "loyal Mexican fanbase"
Or Bitty Attendance Tim Bradley :francis:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
AB can fight any name and get 4-5 mill, and Garcia is a undefeated, former undisputed champ within the ww divisions, who has the green belt currently so no one can little man him in negations, at this point Swift he could fight cans in PR on ppv for ten mill, its a blessing he still fights on free TV for us fans...

:usure: I really hope you :troll:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Don't bother Fam...nikkas ain't talking bout real life they talking with they feelings cuz of the names involved

3.5 Milly views don't mean shyt...sold out arenas don't mean shyt

Are these nikkas even a draw on the level of Rios with his "loyal Mexican fanbase"
Or Bitty Attendance Tim Bradley :francis:

Remind me what Thurman/Porter purses was for the most demanded fight at welterweight at the time??

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
It's one thing to tell nikkas to take the short money when they taking their 1st step up fight with a solid chance of winning it where you can sell them that future big money fight talk, but....

it's lowkey disrespectful to tell future HOF's (yes Swift and Broner will prolly be in the HOF when it's all said and done:umad:) with followings, to take the short end money

with hopes of making more in the future.

nikkas practically at their earnings peak now, a mega ppv fight should reward their careers, not salary cap it. :what:
:mjlol: at 3-4 mil being good offers for a Pac fight. If Broner and Swift fought on the same card and then fought each other next on ppv after heavy promoting and fukkery, they'd prolly sell 500k-800k minimum on ppv and make 3-4 mil a piece.

If that were to happen before they ever fought Manny or Floyd, both dudes would be asking them nikkas for 8-12mil.

Now if Thurman were to turn down 4 mil, I'd be like :whoa:, because he hasn't accomplished as much as Swift and Billions in his career yet. Plus he's riding a huge win wave so he may as well take advantage of it. I'd tell him to take it and try and win that fight and get the super money in the rematch or from a different fight.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It's one thing to tell nikkas to take the short money when they taking their 1st step up fight with a solid chance of winning it where you can sell them that future big money fight talk, but....

it's lowkey disrespectful to tell future HOF's (yes Swift and Broner will prolly be in the HOF when it's all said and done:umad:) with followings, to take the short end money

with hopes of making more in the future.

nikkas practically at their earnings peak now, a mega ppv fight should reward their careers, not salary cap it. :what:
:mjlol: at 3-4 mil being good offers for a Pac fight. If Broner and Swift fought on the same card and then fought each other next on ppv after heavy promoting and fukkery, they'd prolly sell 500k-800k minimum on ppv and make 3-4 mil a piece.

If that were to happen before they ever fought Manny or Floyd, both dudes would be asking them nikkas for 8-12mil.

Now if Thurman were to turn down 4 mil, I'd be like :whoa:, because he hasn't accomplished as much as Swift and Billions in his career yet. Plus he's riding a huge win wave so he may as well take advantage of it. I'd tell him to take it and try and win that fight and get the super money in the rematch or from a different fight.

Exactly what I said yesterday... Swift took short money on short notice as champ to get his opportunity against Khan

Why tf would you take short money in your "Mega Fight" :dead:

"Bu bu bu bu but just fighting :deadmanny: gets your name out there for future fights"

Tim Bradley
JMM
Rios
Algieri

After fighting Manny Are jus killing it in the TV ratings, ticket sales, N purses N eating so much more the Swift is currently :heh:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Arum says it's either gonna be Vargas or the Crawford/Postol winner

Manny Pacquiao will “definitely” return in the fall, Bob Arum told USA TODAY Sports on Saturday.

That much is clear after the Top Rank founder spoke to the president of the Philippines senate, where Pacquiao serves office, and found dates where there will be recess.

Pacquiao, 37, said via Facebook on Tuesday that he would abandon his duties for any period of time to fight, and that camp would be set up in his home country. Usually, the future Hall of Famer will train part of the time in Hollywood with Freddie Roach.

After Arum finalizes the date and site — it will be in Las Vegas but Arum must find out which arena is available on the determined date — the opponent could be announced as early as the week after the July 23 HBO PPV fight Top Rank is promoting between 140-pounders Terence Crawford and Viktor Postol.

That’s because the winner of the junior welterweight unification title matchup is being heavily considered to face Pacquiao (who campaigns at 147 pounds). The other candidate? Welterweight titleholder Jessie Vargas. Arum told USA TODAY Sports that one of those three men (he promotes them all) will draw the assignment.

“If Manny wants to win a world title, Jessie Vargas, whose head isn’t up his ass as far as the money, he realizes what is realistic money on pay-per-view now, which isn’t what it was before,” Arum said. ” … Hopefuly this coming week we’ll have a solid date and venue and then we’ll announce an opponent and be off and running. But Manny is definitely coming back.”

Arum conceded that Adrien Broner (who is a PBC fighter) was the first choice, but that the brash 26-year-old simply asked for too much money. Broner would likely outperform the three options being considered now in terms of PPV sales. He is known to casual fans due to his antics and is regularly featured on TMZ.

“I can’t afford what Broner is asking. Neither can Manny,” Arum said. Broner’s position is how valuable it is on pay-per-view and maybe he is but i can’t take that risk and neither can manny. We looked to give him a very good upside (of the PPV sales). He wants a very unreasonable guarantee and I can’t pay it and Manny can’t take that risk.

“I won’t say that Broner is right or wrong. That’s his position. It’s business. I used the word priced himself out and that’s the wrong word because that assumes he didn’t want the fight. I don’t know.”

Arum hasn’t done business with Al Haymon (who manages Broner) since the Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather mega fight in May 2015. Before that, he hadn’t worked with him in quite some time.

But Arum and Haymon recently settled an antitrust lawsuit Top Rank filed and the 84-year-old says they will work together to make fights.

Haymon controls most of the best 147-pounders in the world. One of his fighters, titleholder Danny Garcia, told USA TODAY Sports on Friday that he was offered the Pacquiao bout for “$3 or 4 million” but Arum says that is patently untrue.

“I never talked to Danny Garcia or anybody connected with Danny Garcia. So I don’t know what the (expletive) he’s talking about,” Arum snapped. “It’s like mental masturbation. It really is. I guess they’re desperate to get an article written about them, I don’t know.

“I’ve never even talked to Danny or his father (and trainer Angel), or anyone connected with them. The only thing I discussed with Haymon was Broner.”

Pacquiao outclassed Timothy Bradley in an April welterweight bout then announced his retirement to focus on politics. That retirement will be short-lived.

So, Arum basically saying again that he just doesn't wanna take the risk of the guarantee ($6 million) that AB wanted bc he's not sure of the PPV buys:manny:

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Kosher, JimmyV and Shawn talk about the significance of Tim Duncan's 19 years. Shawn believes he is ranked higher than Kobe. Kosher believes Kobe brought more to the table. With Durant at the Warriors what happens to Russell Westbrook. Kosher believes he gets traded for pieces. Shawn and JimmyV believe Westbrook stays because it is his time now. UFC 200 came and went and with the status unclear about Jon Jones future Kosher breaks down the main card and how he got to kick it with Rampage Jackson. Pokémon Go is the new wave and JimmyV talks about how he has dropped an episode about it on his YouTube channel.

www.fteswl.com please check out the website brehs :salute: