Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

Danny with the $10 million goal for 1 fight...just like AB has, but they were willing to take less showing they are willing to negotiate it:banderas:

They know how they draw & they know how much they should be making to face Pacquiao on PPV. Im proud of them boys:salute:

Im extremely happy that Swift spoke out first before letting Arum try and spin it like he was being ridiculous. Only thing ridiculous is that offer:scusthov:

$3-4 million for Manny Pacquiao on PPV:dead:

Floyd got $8 million to face Carlos Baldomir on PPV and wasn't even a real draw yet....$5-6 million to face Pacquiao aint that much.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

@King P @ChocolateGiddyUp @#SOG_soldier @Skip b $3-4 million to fight Pacquiao on PPV???? No wonder why Swift turned it down (and it was probably a similar deal to what they offered AB:wow:)

Pacquiao vs Vargas coming at the end of October:scusthov:

Danny Garcia isn't worth the $2 mil he got to fight Matthyse but this is the fight world we live in now. :yeshrug:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Danny Garcia isn't worth the $2 mil he got to fight Matthyse but this is the fight world we live in now. :yeshrug:

How Sway?:jbhmm:

He was the co-main event of the 2nd biggest fight in PPV history....facing a guy who you all thought was a Machine in a matchup EVERYONE wanted to see. How's that not a $2 million dollar fight when GGG got $2 million to face Dominic Wade on HBO and Ward got $2 million to face Paul Smith on BET?:dwillhuh:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

:comeon:

Do I really have to bring up ticket sales on both coasts...TV ratings N All that...

2 division champ

Lineal unified ring 140 champ

Undefeated

But yea not worth 2 million :camby:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
How Sway?:jbhmm:

He was the co-main event of the 2nd biggest fight in PPV history....facing a guy who you all thought was a Machine in a matchup EVERYONE wanted to see. How's that not a $2 million dollar fight when GGG got $2 million to face Dominic Wade on HBO?:dwillhuh:

I aint saying what GGG got paid was fair either. But I don't think very highly of Gift. This would be his first PPV as THE MAIN EVENT right? $4 mil is low balling but to say that he's worth $10 mil is absurd.

Everything goes back to the PED fight for me. He's just not that good. I'd give Biscuit $10 to $12 mil with his two losses before I give it to Gift's fluffed up record. That's just me tho. :yeshrug:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

I said this earlier....Manny's going to either have to give up some money or they are gonna have to sweeten the pot on PPV split for AB/Swift.

How dare you offer them $3-4 million dollars, when you just paid Bradley $4 million + PPV split in April.....and they are bigger draws:martin:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
You have to pay the cost to get the interesting fight. I think Garcia and Broner both should get $5-6 million to face Pacquiao. Neither is worth $10 million. Heck, I would be very hesitant to give Cotto $10 million unless Roc Nation was guaranteeing that.

Broner and Garcia could face each other on PBC and be worth $3-4 million vs. each other, gotta pay more for a Pacquiao PPV.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I aint saying what GGG got paid was fair either. But I don't think very highly of Gift. This would be his first PPV as THE MAIN EVENT right? $4 mil is low balling but to say that he's worth $10 mil is absurd.

Everything goes back to the PED fight for me. He's just not that good. I'd give Biscuit $10 to $12 mil with his two losses before I give it to Gift's fluffed up record. That's just me tho. :yeshrug:

They should offer them $6 million and tell Manny that he has to take off some money to make a big fight for him. You're not going to get Manny Pacquiao vs a name brand opponent by offering $3-4 million breh:heh:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

I said this earlier....Manny's going to either have to give up some money or they are gonna have to sweeten the pot on PPV split for AB/Swift.

How dare you offer them $3-4 million dollars, when you just paid Bradley $4 million + PPV split in April.....and they are bigger draws:martin:

But that is flawed logic by those tweets. That doesn't account for any tickets sales, foreign TV revenue, or addition marketing sold.