Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
when crawford is southpaw he is trying to step back or to his right and run you into a check hook.

jtJ4Gtkl.gif

CJ0nmglA.gif

a southpaw that can step back or to his right and run you into check hooks is so so hard to beat. you have to try to move your head in and/or under the check hook.

hfT1XtaC.gif

that was how tracy patterson knocked out eddie hopson.

9ehtIFy6.gif

having a good check hook is about having good spacing and timing and to beat a good check hook you have to have even better spacing and timing.

Bcq6RAWd.gif

takes really good spacing and timing to beat a southpaw with a good check hook but terence crawford has some of the best spacing and timing in boxing and when he turns southpaw you have to play his game not yours. that was why he dominated gamboa. its so hard to beat a southpaw with a good check hook at his own game. thats why he turns southpaw. he makes you play a game that hes the best at. to beat terence crawford viktor postol has to beat two guys. maybe he can beat one. not sure he can beat both.

Doppleganger :ohhh:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

"What I meant to say, because I want to be fair about this.... that Broner's financial demands were... we were not capable of meeting those financial demands. It made no sense for us to pay Broner what he was asking for - because everything that we would pay Broner would come out of Manny Pacquiao's pockets."

"...it was all on what Broner was asking for and what Manny would give up. And I couldn't ask Manny to sacrifice that much money to please Broner. I just didn't think it was right and they didn't want to do it. So the fight couldn't happen. It happens all the time in business."

"The price Broner was asking was for, was too expensive for us. But to say Broner priced himself out is not accurate, because it almost implies that he asked for a number that he knew we wouldn't meet so he didn't have to do the fight. I didn't think that was the case. I think he wanted to do the fight, but the amount that he was asking for was something we couldn't afford."

So now you wanna let the public know, since we now know Broner asked for $6 million, that in fact he DIDNT overprice himself....it's just that TR and HBO don't have a big enough budget to make the fight between him and Pacquiao:martin:

And the truth is actually YOU didn't want to lower Manny's purse to make the fight, so that you can keep the money in-house:shaq2:

Had my boy AB getting slandered on social media, when the reason the fight didn't happen is because you "couldn't ask Manny to sacrifice" because you "didn't think it was right":wow:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

"What I meant to say, because I want to be fair about this.... that Broner's financial demands were... we were not capable of meeting those financial demands. It made no sense for us to pay Broner what he was asking for - because everything that we would pay Broner would come out of Manny Pacquiao's pockets."

"...it was all on what Broner was asking for and what Manny would give up. And I couldn't ask Manny to sacrifice that much money to please Broner. I just didn't think it was right and they didn't want to do it. So the fight couldn't happen. It happens all the time in business."

"The price Broner was asking was for, was too expensive for us. But to say Broner priced himself out is not accurate, because it almost implies that he asked for a number that he knew we wouldn't meet so he didn't have to do the fight. I didn't think that was the case. I think he wanted to do the fight, but the amount that he was asking for was something we couldn't afford."

So now you wanna let the public know, since we now know Broner asked for $6 million, that in fact he DIDNT overprice himself....it's just that TR and HBO don't have a big enough budget to make the fight between him and Pacquiao:martin:

And the truth is actually YOU didn't want to lower Manny's purse to make the fight, so that you can keep the money in-house:shaq2:

Had my boy AB getting slandered on social media, when the reason the fight didn't happen is because you "couldn't ask Manny to sacrifice" because you "didn't think it was right":wow:

Manny need to either fight nelo at 154 or stay retired. If he fight Jesse vargas that shyt gonna do 200k ppv buys

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

Turns out you were right and that was the case. Asking for $6 million is entirely fair. And it only comes out of Pacquiao's paycheck if the PPV doesn't do well Bob...let's not act like if Broner increases PPV sales than both fighters make more. :stopitslime:

That is the whole argument for GGG-Lemieux and Crawford-Postol PPV's, they aren't getting paid as much, so they don't have to sell as much. But to make Pacquiao's check he has to sell and he won't do that vs. Vargas, so theyes will probably cheap out and Vargas can get the $2 million he wanted from Brook.

And Hearn just told us in his interview on working with Eubank Sr. that Joshua likes to pay for better undercards, even though it comes out of his pocket, because he sees the return in his pocket when the event is bigger. Same for opponents. :ufdup:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Turns out you were right and that was the case. Asking for $6 million is entirely fair. And it only comes out of Pacquiao's paycheck if the PPV doesn't do well Bob...let's not act like if Broner increases PPV sales than both fighters make more. :stopitslime:

That is the whole argument for GGG-Lemieux and Crawford-Postol PPV's, they aren't getting paid as much, so they don't have to sell as much. But to make Pacquiao's check he has to sell and he won't do that vs. Vargas, so theyes will probably cheap out and Vargas can get the $2 million he wanted from Brook.

And Hearn just told us in his interview on working with Eubank Sr. that Joshua likes to pay for better undercards, even though it comes out of his pocket, because he sees the return in his pocket when the event is bigger. Same for opponents. :ufdup:

Glad you see it too breh:salute:

TR just trying to keep all the money in house....no where has he ever mentioned what HIS offer to Broner was either or if he even tried to talk him down by sweetening the pot (better PPV % split with a lower upfront guarantee):wow:

Last edited: